Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Everything is off everywhere in North County. I ran a few errands today in different areas, and for the most part EVDO Revision A has been the current network throughout.

You're usually up in that Carlsbad cluster aren't ya?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I work on the north side of the airport. I live down in UTC, so I'm down by the 5/52 often. I've also been downtown, in Balboa Park, and up in Escondido this weekend. absolutely no 4G anywhere that I noticed.

Back home. Looks like the closest tower to there was 3G approved, but no LTE yet. Also, maybe I'm missing something, but does eHRPD only show on newer phones? I've only seen EVDO revA every time I've run the usual apps.

eHRPD is only useful for phones that connect to LTE, so you will not see it on your 3D as it has no need for it. 

eHRPD is only useful for phones that connect to LTE, so you will not see it on your 3D as it has no need for it. 

That's what I figured.  :tu: Looks like I'm still getting NV speeds and ping times either way on 3G.

It's interesting LTE is turned off everywhere at the same time now. Hopefully something good is coming up soon.

Do we know if Sprint's starting to block access to LTE towers again? They might still be broadcasting but only available to test devices.

I noticed today areas in the South Bay (San Diego) that had LTE access recently, are now 3G only.

If that's the case we can be pretty much be certain that the entire county's 4G LTE has been been turned off.

I got a notification this morning on my Galaxy s3 on sprint zone that the new enhanced network is coming to your area.. I can post a screenshot if you need one.

I got that too. Of course the Sprint Zone app never really explains the notifications it gives. I know what we're all reading into the notification, and I hope it's true, but... I guess we'll see.

its been annoying getting a taste of the 4g for a while and then them turning it all off everywhere. but at least the 3g speeds are never lower than .2mbps for me compared to a couple months ago the 3g always being at .05mbps but i still want 5mbps 3g speeds and 20+mbps 4g speeds like t-mobile (:

Back on I-5 oceanside.

Still traveling down 78. Still on next to jefferson. Mapping now. Making a stop at USAA.

Back on I-5 oceanside.

Still traveling down 78. Still on next to jefferson. Mapping now. Making a stop at USAA.

LTE conked out 1/2 mile from college exit