Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

LTE at the corner of mission and los posas rd in san marcos. Near palomar college. Mapping now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I went North and lost LTE fast.uploadfromtaptalk1370637079347.jpg

Got a news alert. LA official now.

This is nothing new. LA was announced on April 18. http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2013/04/18/sprint-announces-availability-of-4g-lte-in-los-angeles-and-20-other-new-markets

I have one question since ATT has been brought up. Does both ATT and Sprint share towers? The reason I'm asking is seeing site SD34XC708 from the 5/78 frwy split in Oceanside, and mapped that area last week. I pulled up to it, and noticed ATT marked. So this evening, I decided to go back and took these.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg

s5.jpg

Are there any previously reported towers that are off right now? Sensorly shows 4G at Vista Way and El Camino Real just north of the 78, but I only had 3G there yesterday, even after updating my PRL.

Are there any previously reported towers that are off right now? Sensorly shows 4G at Vista Way and El Camino Real just north of the 78, but I only had 3G there yesterday, even after updating my PRL.

I have had no data service for the last 1 hour+. Poway to Torrey Pines and points between. Sprint denies all knowledge. Is it just me?

…and it's back.

Edited by cmg1

Anyone else here besides me having issues connecting to Google Search, even when there is a network? Seems like it's a daily thing that happens off and on these past 2 1/2 weeks, and it's frustrating! From what I've been noticing it happens in certain locations that have both 3G and LTE. When I have other windows open to other sites, there isn't an issue browsing the net, and not getting the "Retry" message unlike Google.

Here is my speed test in La Mesa near Grossmont Center. There is a tower by the 76 Circle K in front of Drew Ford

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq4lvvksqrcrptr/Screenshot_2013-06-13-12-14-41.png

I get similar speeds near Lake Murray :-)

Edited by julio_pefani

I was stuck in traffic this afternoon on top of the 5/78 frwy overpass, and got this.

Screenshot_2013-06-15-16-30-28.png

Hi Marv,

It looks like AT&T is providing the landline service to the tower, hence the "no dig" warning.

Have fun!

John

AT&T providing most of the backhaul for San Diego market. Cox cannot provide the T1s or comparable fiber pricing's. We just got a quote yesterday from AT&T

50/50Mbps fiber for $1300. I think Sprint getting their 100Mbps fiber for around $2000. No way Cox can beat or match that pricing. Only downside is AT&T takes 6 months to 1 year to deliver. Fastest we have seen fiber deliveries is 3.5 months.

Hi Marv,

It looks like AT&T is providing the landline service to the tower, hence the "no dig" warning.

Have fun!

John

AT&T providing most of the backhaul for San Diego market. Cox cannot provide the T1s or comparable fiber pricing's. We just got a quote yesterday from AT&T

50/50Mbps fiber for $1300. I think Sprint getting their 100Mbps fiber for around $2000. No way Cox can beat or match that pricing. Only downside is AT&T takes 6 months to 1 year to deliver. Fastest we have seen fiber deliveries is 3.5 months.

AT&T providing most of the backhaul for San Diego market.

Hi bucdenny,

Yes they are. Marv was just wondering why there is an AT&T sticker on a Sprint tower.

Have a great weekend!

John

jsage, thanks for that explanation when I posted those pics. Last Sunday, I happen to see this tower at a park when I was over by the back gate of Camp Pendleton (Douglas Dr/Vandergrift intersection. I seen the same thing with ATT being marked on it. On the Sprint map, it shows this site having a data speed upgrade. Before I purchased SignalCheck Pro (I purchased today) which I highly recommend, I had SignalCheck Lite and took these pics below. No more than 200 feet near it, there was an older site (pic 4).  I didn't do a speed test at this site.

van3.jpg

van2.jpg

van1.jpg

van4.png