Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

This is where I live and it is bad. And that store is where I bought my note two last week. Lol. According to things I've seen here, it appears NV hasn't touched the San Ysidro towers yet.

Yup, 4-5 towers in between the 5 and 805 hasn't been touch in San Ysidro. There are many completed sites with 4G along Palm Ave though. It is getting closer to San Ysidro. Maybe it is in progress. Same in Paradise Hills this month with no activity. The whole area is now 4G this weekend.

Become a Premier Sponsor, you will get access to maps with the exact locations of the towers near your area. You can drop by those sites to see if there are any activities. :)

• Like 1

Become a Premier Sponsor, you will get access to maps with the exact locations of the towers near your area. You can drop by those sites to see if there are any activities. :)

I didn't know that. Is there a fee?

Yup, 4-5 towers in between the 5 and 805 hasn't been touch in San Ysidro. There are many completed sites with 4G along Palm Ave though. It is getting closer to San Ysidro. Maybe it is in progress. Same in Paradise Hills this month with no activity. The whole area is now 4G this weekend.

HA HA. Not a bad idea. I got some nice speeds 3 blocks from the beach (Imperial Beach) on Friday (indoors too).

I didn't know that. Is there a fee?

You only need a small donation to become a sponsor which houses the interactive maps that show all known Sprint cell sites and their locations. Premier sponsor areas has more goodies but costs about $100 to get to that level.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

S4GRU Membership Groups

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below). S4GRU Sponsors get:

• Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

S4GRU Premier Sponsor. S4GRU Sponsors who donate $100 or more in total, get to keep the title indefinitely and you also get in addition to the benefits of the S4GRU Sponsor above:

• Access to the S4GRU Premier Sponsor Forum (contents subject to change, but includes the original baseline NV schedule maps for many markets)
  • Bypass word filters
  • Can post HTML in posts
  • No limit to number of people allowed in a Personal Message
  • Unlimited PM storage
  • Allow attachments in PM's
  • Allow unlimited amounts of reputation points to be given
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x400)
  • Can edit forum posts at any time (incognito)
  • Can soft delete own posts
  • Avoids any moderation queues

S4GRU Contributing Author. For members who write news articles for S4GRU, you get an even better membership group. S4GRU Contributing Authors get all the S4GRU Premier Sponsor benefits plus they get the acclaim of being in the S4GRU inner circle and access to Staff forums. After you become a trusted regular contributor, you will be given the ability to post your own articles directly up in The Wall. You can create drafts of articles and keep them stored until ready for publishing. This status will stay active for six months after you publish your most recent S4GRU article.

NOTE: The PayPal donation button is located in The Forums main page, at the upper right hand corner.

ANOTHER NOTE: For a speedier upgrade, please put your S4GRU screen name in the comments section of your PayPal donation.

After donation: Most donations result in an automatic upgrade within minutes. If you click on your profile and see that your Group now says S4GRU Sponsor or Premier Sponsor, then your account upgrade has taken effect. 90% of accounts are upgraded very quickly. Sometimes I am out of cell range and cannot sign in to upgrade your account, this may result in a delay for a few hours. Once your account is upgraded, you no longer need a password to access Sponsor forums, but you may have to sign out and back in, depending on your browser and its settings.

• Like 1

You only need a small donation to become a sponsor which houses the interactive maps that show all known Sprint cell sites and their locations. Premier sponsor areas has more goodies but costs about $100 to get to that level.

http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

I donated. More cool features, and more information!

• Like 2

I was in Vista this afternoon, and headed down to Poway taking Gopher Canyon onto the heading south. While looking over Sprint Cell tower map last night, my other plan was to spot towers heading down to Poway. I've seen a couple of these Sprint towers on both sides of the freeway, that were located in odd places such as power polls (on a very windy road on Gopher Canyon), street light polls, along side an Arco gas station, on the backside of a neighborhood, hills, etc....... Will passing by these sites, I only had 3G with full bars, until I reached Escondido on the 15 is where I began getting strong LTE network for a good couple of miles, then back to 3G.

Does anyone know if those towers on the 15 begining at Gopher Canyon heading south, just before arriving in Escondido are being worked on for LTE to go live?

How are the 3G speeds in San Ysidro?

in Carlsbad, I have 15 Mbps LTE 20% of the time, 5 kbps 3G 70% of the time, otherwise I have no signal at all.

Horrible. I just did a speed test a few minutes ago. 223ms response time. DL .07 and .05 UL. In mpbs.

I have issues with keeping connected during a call as well as sending messages.

Now, imperial beach has a pretty good LTE footprint.

Work in progress.

• Like 1

I see North County is now dead. Is LTE pretty much done in the area, or is it break time?

I see North County is now dead. Is LTE pretty much done in the area, or is it break time?
I'm willing to bet that it's break time. I remember reading in the LA Market thread that there would be times that there would be LTE would be turned on then off for weeks at a time. Then boom a whole bunch of LTE sites would be turned on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I found some additional LTE along the State Route 56 Freeway. I mapped it on Sensorly from about Black Mountain Road to Carmel Valley Road going westbound which is where it the LTE petered out. It Is only about 3 to 4 miles miles , but heck it's progress. Expect Sensorly to update it within the next 48 hours.<br />

• Like 1

For the first time, I'm seeing 4G along the 805 North from the Miramar exit to Mira Mesa exit and around the Qualcomm offices in the Sorrento Valley area. I've mapped it and it's visible on the Sensorly map now.

I have a suspicion that there's more 4G to be mapped both further north up the 805 (I got off at the Mira Sorrento Pl exit) and around the Sorrento Valley area. I'll keep mapping the area.

P.s. For a quick laugh, zoom in on the Sensorly map of the intersection of Pacific Heights Blvd and Pacific Center Blvd.

• Like 1

For the first time, I'm seeing 4G along the 805 North from the Miramar exit to Mira Mesa exit and around the Qualcomm offices in the Sorrento Valley area. I've mapped it and it's visible on the Sensorly map now.

I have a suspicion that there's more 4G to be mapped both further north up the 805 (I got off at the Mira Sorrento Pl exit) and around the Sorrento Valley area. I'll keep mapping the area.

P.s. For a quick laugh, zoom in on the Sensorly map of the intersection of Pacific Heights Blvd and Pacific Center Blvd.

ptoro, speaking of Mira Mesa exit, don't know if you, or anyone else noticed, but just before the 805/5 split, I'm guessing maybe a few hundred feet or more (let's say I'm heading South coming from North County), you'll see Sprint Tower, and tower full of panels on a hill alongside the freeway that's fenced up. Everytime I pass through, it's always running full LTE strength!

I was going by Mast today and on Halberns there were people working on towers at Carlton Hills Lutheran Church.. It seemed they were working on a tower and from earlier knowledge, it is a Sprint tower. Can anyone confirm this??

Question: How does it normally work? Do The workers jump around at random or tend to work on sites and move to the next closest site?

Slow around here lately.

It seems like they just bounce around. I've been watching the progress since the beginning and I can't discern any rhyme or reason to the order in which they move. I'm sure they have they're reasons though.

As things "progress" Sprint's service gets worse and worse though. I know it's the testing phase and that BS, but it's been ridiculous lately. I'm having flashbacks to when I was on AT&T. I used to be really excited for them to upgrade the tower by house, but now I hope they hold off to the end because the "old" 3G antennas are working just fine. Rant done.

Slow around here lately.

It seems like they just bounce around. I've been watching the progress since the beginning and I can't discern any rhyme or reason to the order in which they move. I'm sure they have they're reasons though.

As things "progress" Sprint's service gets worse and worse though. I know it's the testing phase and that BS, but it's been ridiculous lately. I'm having flashbacks to when I was on AT&T. I used to be really excited for them to upgrade the tower by house, but now I hope they hold off to the end because the "old" 3G antennas are working just fine. Rant done.

Worse, meaning voice service? Dropped calls?

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Sorry, mostly dropped calls, but a lot of data drop outs too. I got rid of my land about two years ago because the quality of Sprint's network was very good. Not so much lately.

Sorry, mostly dropped calls, but a lot of data drop outs too. I got rid of my land about two years ago because the quality of Sprint's network was very good. Not so much lately.

Probably an RF seam between Network Vision and legacy 3G sites. They will constantly move around during deployment. Eventually there will be no legacy seams left.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I've noticed that the service has gotten much better relatively close to my house (within a few miles). My 3g connection at work is leaps and bounds better than it used to be years ago. I periodically drive by a site closetto my house in order to see if they have crews out working.