Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

I'm surprised that Sprint would use AT&T for its internet services to the tower. I would've thought Sprint in this instance would use Time Warner Cable/Cox for those services, unless Sprint got a better deal from AT&T. Then again I'm surprised AT&T would let Sprint buy their service since AT&T has their own wireless division. I guess the only reason why AT&T would sell their internet services, is due to some sort of government regulation where they have to sell their products to competitors.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

We have seen 50Mbps/50Mbps fiber from AT&T for $1500 3 year contract.  I am pretty sure others are not as competitive.  Cox in San Diego utilizes AT&T fiber also.  I don't know who can beat that price?

Time Warner is north of the 8 and south bay.  AT&T is citywide with all the fiber  :td:

The fastest speed I managed to receive.

I think it is the iPhone  :lol:

My EVO LTE getting at least 20Mbps at most LTE sites in San Diego.  :tu:

• Like 1

Cox 10Mbps/10Mbps fiber is $1100.  http://ww2.cox.com/business/sandiego/data/pricing.cox

Now do you go with 50 or 10? If you go with AT&T for 50Mbps you have to wait it out average 6 months (their ordering process takes forever).  Most of the time AT&T has to delivery fiber for Cox from our experience installing Cox fiber to our clients.  Those orders from Cox took 3-6 months average depending on location.

$1500 was price for 50Mbps/50Mbps we recently installed for a client.  I would assume Sprint would start out with at least 50Mbps/50Mbps for their cell sites.  I don't know the exact details but I will ask when AT&T installs their equipment for one site that we know of that is in progress.  Maybe they will tell me 500Mbps.  :tu:  Who knows.  Maybe Robert knows.

AT&T has their wholesale services which would fall in the category for Sprint.  http://www.business.att.com/wholesale/Service/data-networking-wholesale/metro-services-wholesale/sonet-wholesale/

I know they can deliver 1Gbps or 10Gbps if needed.  

I think it is the iPhone :lol:

My EVO LTE getting at least 20Mbps at most LTE sites in San Diego. :tu:

I tested it again and I got 17. Fastest I've ever gotten in San Marcos was around 24 Mbps.

T-mobile is still faster. :(

post-18758-0-30347600-1370484750_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eric24

It's been said they start with 100 mbit even on their investors conference calls.

Sent from my little Note2

Sounds like 100Mbps should cost at least $2000+/month.

I tested it again and I got 17. Fastest I've ever gotten in San Marcos was around 24 Mbps.

Do you have a phone case?  I have seen 3-5db difference without a case.

T-mobile is still faster. :(

I have seen 32Mbps+ on Sprint too. The upload was only at 10Mbps though.

I have seen 32Mbps+ on Sprint too. The upload was only at 10Mbps though.

It's the FDD- setup. Your upload can only be half of the download theoretically. T-mobile, ATT, VZ, & the rest are limited to this as well. 

Nope. Back to NV reporting. Slackers! Get me some pictures of Alcatel-Lucent base stations and of the no 800 rru setup so i can add better pictures to my thread!

• Like 1

Nope. Back to NV reporting. Slackers! Get me some pictures of Alcatel-Lucent base stations and of the no 800 rru setup so i can add better pictures to my thread!

I will have very nice ones very soon.  I have full access to site in San Diego that is in progress.  Currently awaiting AT&T fiber.  We provide IT services for the clients throughout the building at that site   :tu:

I will make sure I get some snap shots of everything!

I will have very nice ones very soon.  I have full access to site in San Diego that is in progress.  Currently awaiting AT&T fiber.  We provide IT services for the clients throughout the building at that site   :tu:

I will make sure I get some snap shots of everything!

Make redundancies of redundancies. I expect albums of 100s of photos of the same thing (Lol). But seriously. I scoured this entire thread, San bernando , orange county, and metro la and cannot find much images so it's much appreciated if yall step up with the images of Alu equipment!

LA is hella covered with LTE, as shown by sensorly. San Diego is not even close to the coverage LA has so I think its safe to assume San Diego won't be an "Official" 4G city for another 6-12 months :/

I'm thinking that San Diego will get a sudden jump in acceptances once AT&T finally brings fiber to the 3G-upgraded towers.

I'm thinking that San Diego will get a sudden jump in acceptances once AT&T finally brings fiber to the 3G-upgraded towers.

Yup.  Many sites are just waiting on deliveries of AT&T fiber.  Too bad Cox can't provide the fiber city wide.

Ran a couple of tests here at work, and this is what I'm getting.

Screenshot_2013-06-07-09-23-58.png

Screenshot_2013-06-07-09-19-43.png

Screenshot_2013-06-07-09-19-37.png

Screenshot_2013-06-07-09-14-18.png