Network Vision/LTE - San Diego Market

ferhusky

Does Sensorly only map streets? I mapped a bit of 4G in Penasquitos canyon last night, but it didn't show up on the map.

Sensorly has been lagging days in updating this month. They said they are playing with their servers.

Update. I've mentioned here a couple of times me working in Encinitas. It's getting worse there again! Yesterday morning, there was no network at all I noticed on my phone near, and passing through El Camino Real/Leucadia. At work over by the Encinitas Carwash, or should I say most of that area, data speeds are sloth slow inside, and outside of the building! No voice bars off and on throughout the day, and dropped calls like there's no tomorrow! I had to go down to Mira Mesa after work yesterday, taking El Camino Real to Santa Fe Dr. It was super busy on the road, and I was trying to make calls, and was recieving calls. All dropped mulitple times, lost signal, no data network, etc......... This began just before the Encinitas Blvd intersection, and continued all throught Sante Fe Dr until I finally got onto the freeway. Service has been terrible since early last week, and got worse as I mentioned. I've called Sprint about how I can't use my phone at times, they check to see what's going on, and I either get, "I don't see anything, just update your system to solve the issue" or "Well I checked, and looks like a tower is down for now, and will be back up shortly" and I got an honest answer by one saying, "According to the info I'm looking at, NV upgrades have begun, and are being worked on, sorry for the inconvience, and I'll give you a $25 credit for the next 2 months"

Today I had to run an errand in Vista over in the Sycamore area. I took a a shortcut taking El Camino Real/Poinsettia/El Fuerte, getting back on Palomar Airport. I continued heading and turned on Business Park Dr. I stopped at a 7-11 to make a phone call, and got the same thing. Dropped calls, no data network, no signals. When I left, network was off and on. Tried to make calls on bluetooth, and still continued with dropped calls, and no bars. When I hit the intersection of Business Park Dr/Sycamore Ave, made a right onto Sycamore Ave, the same thing continued. While I continued on for about a mile or mile in half or so, I was stopped at a traffic light. Don't remember exactly what street that intersected with Sycamore, but I looked at my phone and seen 4G icon. I turned on Sensorly and mapped it going into the Shadowridge Shopping Center where my initial stop was going to be. I did 2 speed tests (look below). Data was slow. At one point it stalled. After leaving the Shopping Center area, I decided to head back where I first picked up LTE and mapped until it turned back to 3G. I made a U-turn, and used LTE Discovery to pick it up quicker, in which it did. I turned that off, and turned on Sensorly, and mapped a good portion of Sycamore Ave that actually went through and passed the 78 frwy overpass. 3G popped back up close to the end of Sycamore.

Before heading home, I had to run one more errand more in inland Vista. Took the backside E. Vista Way. I had LTE Discovery running to see what network was popping up, because these past 2 weeks, service has been awful all throughout those areas by, and near the 76 highway without any network, dropped calls, no signals. I have some friends that live in that area, and these last 2 weekends I've experienced this, and had to use his Wifi each time. I called Sprint about this 2 weeks ago, and one rep said 2 towers are down near the area due to NV upgrades, and 1 is up and just had a capacity upgrade. Well before reaching the 76, I pulled stopped by another 7-11 on E. Vista Way/Palomar Pl. Just before i got out, I got an alert from LTE Discovery that picked up LTE. I mapped that in the parking lot, and about 20 seconds or so later, back to 3G. I just looked at Sensorly, and I didn't see any of my mapping. It's been nearly 2 hrs now. I'm guessing it hasn't been updating from what I've been reading here?

Sycamore Ave Test 1- 6.13 down/0.17 up/83 ping

Sycamore Ave Test 2- 6.94 down/0.14 up/76 ping

• Like 1

I picked up LTE again off of the 5 frwy exit/Oceanside Blvd intersection last night. This time LTE held longer with full bars from that intersection, all the way to Couch St, where it turned back to 3G. Mapped on Sensorly, but didn't see any recording of the mapping I did.

• Like 1

thats lame. they said the completions date was gonne be march 2013 then they moved it back to september 2013 and now its january 2014. I wouldnt be surprised if they finish by january 2015. I just wanna be like every other fully lit LTE phone and surf at 20+mbps :( :(

hi guy's,,, here is some new news .........

San Diego

...Sites Complete = 36%; Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2013

...Original Scheduled Completion = May 2013; Current Production Rate Completion = Janaury 2014

Does anyone have any info on the specifics of why they're running late? Technology issues (not working right), Funding (no gear), Site prep (sites can't take the new gear), Work crew (not enough people or they're busy in other places), Started late?

Are they falling further behind, or is January holding steady as the end of the build period?

Will all the red 3G flags eventually convert to yellow 3G/4G flags when they officially launch the market? Why isn't every site upgraded to 3G/4G when it get its NV upgrade?

• Like 1

Will all the red 3G flags eventually convert to yellow 3G/4G flags when they officially launch the market? Why isn't every site upgraded to 3G/4G when it get its NV upgrade?

were do you go to see the colors ....... ( link address please )

were do you go to see the colors ....... ( link address please )

If you click the "sites complete" link you posted earlier and zoom in on the Alcatel Lucent map it shows you red and yellow flags for sites completed. There is a legend at the bottom of the map.

Caution: We're not allowed to post links to sponsor forum topics in non-pay areas.

Almost every site will be 3G and 4G completed as part of NV. However, not every site will be completed at launch, work will still be going on after a market is launched.

4G might not be accepted due to backhaul not being done. 3G might not be accepted due to turning on 3G in clusters. (Those are just a couple reasons, there are many more.)

Another update!

I was in Vista most of the day today (E. Vista Way/near 76 frwy) and couldn't use my phone at all due to no network going off and on for the 8 odd some hours. It was really frustrating! That wasn't the only area, but just about all of that area of Vista, or should I say half of the city was terrible today! Worst I've seen! Here's the interesting part. While leaving the area heading back home, I hopped back on East Vista Way/Hutchinson, I drove no less than a mile heading West, and for the first time, LTE popped up! I didn't map it on Sensorly due to the wacky day I had not being able to use my phone much. LTE went to the distance to wear I picked up a short LTE signal a couple days I mentioned on E. Vista Way/Palomar Pl where it turned back to 3G. Don't know if crews were working on towers all morning and afternoon, but I was excited! As I mentioned once before, that entire backside of Vista/76 frwy has been horrible for nearly a month now. That's not all!

LTE has been active as seen on Sensorly at the 5 frwy/78 split heading East going through El Camino Real. Well early this afternoon, I decided to map starting at the split when I had to go run an errand in Carlsbad, heading back to Vista. Guess what? LTE was running very strong, 4-5 bars. I kept mapping to see if LTE would make it past El Camino Real, and it did! I mapped it, and came close to reaching College Blvd exit off of the 78 where it turned back to 3G. Don't know if any of you live in, or familar with that area of North County, but on the other side of the 78 heading West, you'll see Sprint tower near Emerald Dr. There is also a huge Sprint tower behind Rookies Sports Bar if you haven't noticed either. As I continued heading East on the 78, I noticed LTE popped up again passing underneath Emerald Dr overpass, then quickly went back to 3G, I quickly turned Sensorly back on to map in case LTE popped up again, and a few hundred feet ahead, in which I mapped to Vista Village Dr exit. Sensorly hasn't updated that from what I've seen.

When I was done doing what I had to do in Vista for the most part of the day, I decided to take some back roads, and shortcuts back to Oceanside. One route I took was W. Los Angeles in Vista that intersected with North Melrose Dr. I know LTE was mapped pretty heavily on North Melrose. I didn't have Sensorly on, in which I should've, and LTE expanded to the O'side Blvd intersection now.

Overall, a very surprising day in Vista, especially being very mad, and frustrated not being able to use my phone in those terrible parts of Vista where NV upgrades are being worked on. I just might go back out that way sometime tomorrow and map the areas I didn't get a chance to map. I see Sensorly is finally working, and mapped the areas I mentioned a couple of days ago.

• Like 1

Quick question. Other parts of Oceanside that has been skipped over (92057 and 92058) mainly, hasn't seen a trace of LTE since upgrades. What I've also noticed in many parts of the area, many Sprint towers are mounted on Street lights all over the area. Some parts of Vista is like that to. I'm assuming those towers are extremely old, and need to be replaced with new equipment?

What about Camp Pendleton? I know it's Govt property, but will LTE be seen on the base in the near future? There are couple of kinda bordering the outside of the base as far as Fallbrook.

I did some more mapping this afternoon. I began in Vista. No luck picking up LTE like I did yesterday in between 76 hwy/E. Vista Way through Palomar Pl. All I got was 1xRTT showing up on LTE Discovery, so I couldn't map that part. I decided I would get on the 78 frwy starting at Vista Village Dr. As soon as I got to the ramp entrance heading West to Oceanside, LTE pops up right away, and I began mapping. Got super strong signal on the 78 passing in between W. Vista Way/Hacienda Dr. LTE was still up and running heading west until it turned back to 3G when I got to College Blvd.

I also mapped up Jefferson St/Vista Way where I exited, and mapped up that area where all the little shopping centers are located on both side of the street. Got back on El Camino Real, and changed back to 3G. I got off of El Camino Real, and took this other road entering Westfield Plaza Mall. I pretty much drove outside the front of the mall, and while nearing the backside of the mall, LTE pops up and I began mapping all over the North County Plaza area which is a first LTE is live. I left there, and got back on Marron Rd heading East, and LTE was still running until I got to Marron Rd/El Camino Real, and made a left heading South on El Camino Real where it turned back to 3G just before I got to the Carlsbad Village Dr intersection.

I made one last mapping trip, and wanted to map up an area of Coast Hwy that wasn't mapped after looking at the huge gap on Sensorly the day before. Got back on the 78 heading West to Oside getting on Vista Way to South Coast Hwy 101. LTE was also running very strong with solid bars, and continued when I reached South Coast Hwy 101, where I made a left heading north where the bars were still running solid to Cassidy St, and finished mapping until I got to S. Coast Hwy/Oside Blvd intersection where the purple is not connected! Lol. What's really interesting, I made a pit stop in the North Coast Hwy area, and I noticed 3G/4G signals keep flipping back and forth.

• Like 1

Friend of mine who lives in North Park, near the streets of Villa Terrace and Wightman Street reported LTE in his place. He has an iPhone, so there's no way he can map it on Sensorly.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Sprint's network is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get. In the same exact spot, and get a different signal every day of the week. Fast 4G one day, decent 3G the next, then slow 3G, and finally no signal. And not only that, but it seems to be a random signal every day for weeks. Ever since I registered here and posted that I had 4G near the Faraday cluster, I've never had the same strength signal for more than two days in a row.

• Like 1

Just mapped West of Encinitas Blvd as far as I had LTE, then noticed entire network decided to go out. I tried East of Encinitas Blvd, and no luck. Been picking up EVDO Revison A/1xRTT all day in Encinitas with LTE Discovery. Yesterday I mapped more of Garden View heading West, nearly making it to 5 frwy. Last night, I noticed someone mapped a small spot on Sante Fe in Encinitas .

• Like 1

Just mapped West of Encinitas Blvd as far as I had LTE, then noticed entire network decided to go out. I tried East of Encinitas Blvd, and no luck. Been picking up EVDO Revison A/1xRTT all day in Encinitas with LTE Discovery. Yesterday I mapped more of Garden View heading West, nearly making it to 5 frwy. Last night, I noticed someone mapped a small spot on Sante Fe in Encinitas .

Just out of curiosity how can you be west of Encinitas Blvd when the street itself generally runs east/west?

Just out of curiosity how can you be west of Encinitas Blvd when the street itself generally runs east/west?

I was on Via Cantebria heading to Encinitas Blvd, made a right heading west to ocean, where I picked it up. I see Sensorly updated it. Check it out.

I was on Via Cantebria heading to Encinitas Blvd, made a right heading west to ocean, where I picked it up. I see Sensorly updated it. Check it out.

That's great news!

I'm able to get LTE on almost all of Palm Ave. in the South Bay between Dennery Rd. & Silver Strand Blvd. Signal drops. To 3g at Picador for a block. 4g comes back when you pass Luckwaller Park (west bound) or Churrituck (East bound).

• Like 1

Just by looking at the Sensorly map, large chunks of San Diego, South of SD, and East are blanketed with LTE. Now it's time for North County to be blanketed like that! Slowed down completely in North County.

• Like 1