Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

I keep my heater thermostat at 67°F all winter long. Which feels nice and warm to me. You'd freeze in my house. [emoji38]

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Oh my god lol.

If it goes below 72 when people are awake in the house we all have blankets on us.

I for one can't wait for the summer. I miss the sun and 90 degree days at the springs.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Some news for Puerto Rico? What about Sparks? Or what is happening with Sprint here in Puerto Rico

Sprint will be bringing Spark to Puerto Rico. Most likely San Juan Metro first. And possibly Ponce and Mayaguez. We have no information about timelines. But I'm kind of surprised it has not started yet.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Will SPARK include 800 band as well. We really need low band here.

No.

Spark is band 41.

PR will not have smr services deployed yet due to spectrum licensing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I thought I read that the deadline passed for extensions. Is there plans to implement 800 in PR? Also how long would it take to implement 800 and is the equipment here ready? Thanks for updates.

In Puerto Rico, Sprint's 800 issues are more than just rebanding. Sprint currently does not have enough 800 spectrum to deploy B26 LTE in Puerto Rico. They will have to pick up licenses from squatters to get enough to do a 3x3 or a 5x5. The last I checked, they only had 2.5x2.5MHz there.

Sprint really needs to step up their game here, on average I'm getting speeds below 2 Mbps. And it's only getting worse with each passing day. These were taken in completely different locations.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi guys.... I know.... Im back from the dead hahaha... Just wanted to know if the recent bad asrvice on the Mayagüez and west area are due to Sprint working on the network upgrades....

Hi guys.... I know.... Im back from the dead hahaha... Just wanted to know if the recent bad asrvice on the Mayagüez and west area are due to Sprint working on the network upgrades....

It could be. But we have not received any confirmation of Nokia working on B41 there yet. Let us know if you see an extra panel start appearing on Sprint sites in your area.

• Like 1

Will certainly do... Since its making me go crazy at times...just like when they were changing the network last time....

Btw it will also afect my airave unit at home right...?

Will certainly do... Since its making me go crazy at times...just like when they were changing the network last time....

Btw it will also afect my airave unit at home right...?

It might.

It could be. But we have not received any confirmation of Nokia  Samsung working on B41 there yet. Let us know if you see an extra panel start appearing on Sprint sites in your area.

^_^

• Like 1

How will b41 affect b25? Will it improve coverage or just speed? Im a long time Sprint customer and im on the brink of of switching. I moved to Aguadilla and I believe sprint has b41 license here and I just want to know how it will affect current conditions. Thanks.

How will b41 affect b25? Will it improve coverage or just speed? Im a long time Sprint customer and im on the brink of of switching. I moved to Aguadilla and I believe sprint has b41 license here and I just want to know how it will affect current conditions. Thanks.

People with B41 capable devices will be able to jump on those new channels and experience peak speeds up to 70-80Mbps. People with B25 only devices will see some improvement. Typically 1-5Mbps increase in download speeds because of many users leaving B25 and joining the new B41 channels.

...... Q

Does the new upgrades being made by Sprint will enable us to use data and calls at the same time as when we first had lte....?

I noticed on FCC dashboard that Sprint has more than 5x5 1900 here. Its like 20 mhz. Will they ever utilize that or just deploy 2.5? Also is there a chance that Sprint aquires the 1900 spectrum that Dish holds as they will likely have to give it up anyway if they merge. Thanks.

• Like 1

Bummer..... That's a very stupid thing.... Going 1 step forward then 3 back.....

Volte will allow simultaneous V/D, (sometime next year most likely) 2.5Ghz will basically indirectly help make that happen, by adding much needed capacity, plus Sprint will density the network.

So yes you will see that feature back, just not this year.

• Like 2

I noticed on FCC dashboard that Sprint has more than 5x5 1900 here. Its like 20 mhz. Will they ever utilize that or just deploy 2.5? Also is there a chance that Sprint aquires the 1900 spectrum that Dish holds as they will likely have to give it up anyway if they merge. Thanks.

The rest of that 20 Mhz is PROBABLY being used for their 3G network currently.

Bummer..... That's a very stupid thing.... Going 1 step forward then 3 back.....

Sprint will not have data and voice simultaneously until VoLTE. Sprint is not going to able to deploy VoLTE for some time. It would be crazy for you to want Sprint not to deploy B41 to increase LTE speeds and capacity now in PR to wait for VoLTE in a year or two.

So it's not stupid. You're confused on your technologies. And adding VoLTE service can happen with the existing equipment that's already in place at sites.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1