Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Sprint will not have data and voice simultaneously until VoLTE. Sprint is not going to able to deploy VoLTE for some time. It would be crazy for you to want Sprint not to deploy B41 to increase LTE speeds and capacity now in PR to wait for VoLTE in a year or two.

So it's not stupid. You're confused on your technologies. And adding VoLTE service can happen with the existing equipment that's already in place at sites.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Thanx for the much needed clarification....

Ok and now that you mention devices....

Im up for upgrade... And the G4 just got released....

Is it a good way to go or not....?

Thanx for the much needed clarification....

Ok and now that you mention devices....

Im up for upgrade... And the G4 just got released....

Is it a good way to go or not....?

A great article written about the new G4

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-385-updated-use-the-4th-lg-may-the-4th-be-with-you/

WELL I AM BACK.. .QUESTION IF THEY USE 2.5 GHZ  AND ADD  SMALL CELLS HOW FAR CAN THEY GET?

WHO ARE THEY?  RF PROPAGATES INFINITELY FAR.  AND WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?

AJ

• Like 4

I mean if puerto rico won't see lte 800 , band 41 plus small cells can reach rural areas?

Not likely.  Small cells are mostly for capacity in urban areas.

AJ

I think sprint need to add a few more antennas for 1900mhz/2.5ghz in order to increase coverage in

rural areas

That may or may not be a priority for Sprint in Puerto Rico, as it already has several hundred sites there.  Not everywhere is destined to have Sprint service.

AJ

Sprint have a 6% of the market said Marcelo Claure when he visited PR,in order to increase that they need to increase coverage

They likely will wait to do any expansion in PR after they resolve licensing in 800 SMR band. There are a lot of squatters on that spectrum who have not met build out requirements. The FCC needs to boot them.

• Like 2

Sprint have a 6% of the market said Marcelo Claure when he visited PR,in order to increase that they need to increase coverage

Again, Puerto Rico and coverage expansion there just may not be a priority for Sprint -- especially if Sprint has such a meager market share.  Sprint has more pressing concerns where it has more customers.  From the data that we have seen, a 6% share would be by far the lowest for Sprint in any major market.

AJ

I think that is not what Marcelo intends for this market. He said that a 6% is unacceptable...

6% is unacceptable in every market for basically any Tier 1 carrier with a built out network and yet Sprint is sub 10% market share in many markets alongside PR. It's more of a demographic appeal IMHO considering his background and focus on central / south america + carribeans. . 

• Like 1

Anyone know whats up with the signal going on and off for the past couple of days in the west side of the island....mayagüez specifically... ?

Nobody knows if they (sprint) started testing 2.5 ghz?

Testing?  We don't know if they even started deploying 2.5GHz in PR.

• Like 1

I called the airave cs number regarding aweird issue i had and the rep told me that in my area there was some work done about 3 or 4 days ago.... With antennas..... Anything new that you can elaborate on?....

This thread needs some active site hunters.

Yes. But that never was very popular in PR. Even in the early deployment. Lots of members, not much reporting.