Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

This thread needs some active site hunters.

13226783_5.jpg

AJ

• Like 3

What is a site hunter?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

You if you so choose, and are inclined to participate in mapping you're local network.

A lot of us here enjoy seeing the network transition. Meeting workers in the industry, getting up close to the hardware to better understand the network components, and collecting then aggregating data associated with the network and rollout.

All this on top of enjoying the networks new services, knowing where and usually when we should have a good signal, and for many of us learning about how it all works.

Yet another bonus is being on the edge of the tech rollout by actively participating. Many make maps, take pictures, capture video/screenshots/pics of how the network is loaded in some spots and others to compare where the network is and may be in the future.

Tl;Dr a few folks who constantly watch towers for work and document it to add to the knowledge herein S4gru's already accumulated data and efforts.

As usual the best camera is the one you have on you, be safe when spotting, and take your time since going back can be a pain to repeat.

So go get a camera, post what the network looks like and see you in the sponsor area hopefully :)

Which ones are the spark related antennas.... So i have an idea of what I'm looking for in Mayagüez....

I believe that the Puerto Rico & US Virgin Island market is handled by Samsung. As such this thread should show you what to look for: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5745-how-to-spot-sprint-8t8r-tdd-lte-rrhs-samsung/

• Like 1

Hi guys. Like other post says, with only 6% of market share, a huge spending in network don't make sense. Is better for them to make investment on the places they need to retain customers. Puerto Rico is not a key market for them. And it's bad because T-Mobile, Claro and AT&T never leave Puerto Rico to the last.

With the T-Mobile plan 2 x 50 totally unlimited there is no need for Sprint anymore. Unlimited everything, including tethering (7gb of LTE tethering and them reduce to 128kb but still unlimited) HD voice, VoLTE in Puerto Rico, better international roaming services, better phone updates etc. Internet Speeds are higher too (but Sprint have less latency and their ping to connect to the Internet is almost always slow and retrieve data soon than Tmobile. I don't know the exact term for that, sorry Robert haha)

I test both and to be honest Sprint has better signal quality for voice and texts, but its slower in data and the value of their offerings is slower too.

I will return to Sprint if they add VoLTE and tethering.

And also Marcelo says that unlimited will not last forever. That means that in a near future say good bye to unlimited data plans.

But I'm still reading, and searching for Sprint in Puerto Rico and as soon I see more value in their offerings I will return.

But I'm here, because Robert is my favorite writer haha and I enjoy Sprint news, I love the yellow color and the Sprint brand if definitely my favorite haha. I hate magenta, but today they offer better value and that's is unbeatable and unquestionable.

Hi guys. Like other post says, with only 6% of market share, a huge spending in network don't make sense. Is better for them to make investment on the places they need to retain customers. Puerto Rico is not a key market for them. And it's bad because T-Mobile, Claro and AT&T never leave Puerto Rico to the last.

With the T-Mobile plan 2 x 50 totally unlimited there is no need for Sprint anymore. Unlimited everything, including tethering (7gb of LTE tethering and them reduce to 128kb but still unlimited) HD voice, VoLTE in Puerto Rico, better international roaming services, better phone updates etc. Internet Speeds are higher too (but Sprint have less latency and their ping to connect to the Internet is almost always slow and retrieve data soon than Tmobile. I don't know the exact term for that, sorry Robert haha)

I test both and to be honest Sprint has better signal quality for voice and texts, but its slower in data and the value of their offerings is slower too.

I will return to Sprint if they add VoLTE and tethering.

And also Marcelo says that unlimited will not last forever. That means that in a near future say good bye to unlimited data plans.

But I'm still reading, and searching for Sprint in Puerto Rico and as soon I see more value in their offerings I will return.

But I'm here, because Robert is my favorite writer haha and I enjoy Sprint news, I love the yellow color and the Sprint brand if definitely my favorite haha. I hate magenta, but today they offer better value and that's is unbeatable and unquestionable.

I agree with your post but.... Why the need for VoLTE? Isn't HD Voice at least as reliable and sounds great too? Btw, I recently heard that best buy has the same 2 people unlimited for $100 which matches Tmobile.

Huehuehue disappeared from the MYR to come visit your beautiful market. Running logs like a beast if any of the contributors here get it together enough to start a map/tracking section in sponsor or premièr.

I am here for a few more days if anyone would like to take advantage of my experience and collaborate a little . . . I've built the buhjeebus out of my area map and the boss said I had some relief work to do so here we are.

I will be glad to contribute and get some pics. Other wise they will just go on my premièr map. I have to say even with the lush landscape you guys have a highly visible and accessible wireless infrastructure.

I doubt I will be setting up a day to drive around and just grab pics but I will get what I can. Have a great day everyone.