Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Anyone have any idea on what those number 2 means on each site? I was looking to see if they have published any new upgrades near me or any new news but it just give us vague info. If you click on them it says two data speeds upgrades. Does it means they are done upgrading, because other than that one site, I don't see the speeds yet. Thanks

post-57051-0-10081600-1440438666_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gonzalezjk

Anyone have any idea on what those number 2 means on each site? I was looking to see if they have published any new upgrades near me or any new news but it just give us vague info. If you click on them it says two data speeds upgrades. Does it means they are done upgrading, because other than that one site, I don't see the speeds yet. Thanks

It varies by market. But in Puerto Rico, 1 speed upgrade = Network Vision 3G on 1900MHz upgraded. 2 speed upgrades means Network Vision 3G on 1900MHz and LTE on 1900MHz.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

I left Sprint over a year ago to t-mobile. Has there been much improvement in Sprint since then? I'm sort of tempted to come back but my impression of t-mobile is that the coverage is not bad. Anybody that has had both have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I left Sprint over a year ago to t-mobile. Has there been much improvement in Sprint since then? I'm sort of tempted to come back but my impression of t-mobile is that the coverage is not bad. Anybody that has had both have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At this point you might as well wait until Spark is widely deployed across the island.

• Like 3

At this point you might as well wait until Spark is widely deployed across the island.

So deployment already started? I'm not sure higher speeds is what sprint really needed. Their lte was not bad although t-mobile I think is better. Does sprint really control much frequency in PR? Does t-mobile control more?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

So deployment already started? I'm not sure higher speeds is what sprint really needed. Their lte was not bad although t-mobile I think is better. Does sprint really control much frequency in PR? Does t-mobile control more?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Try this. Just select Puerto Rico. Hope that helps.

http://reboot.fcc.gov/reform/systems/spectrum-dashboard

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

So deployment already started?

Supposedly it has started or will be starting Soon™.

I'm not sure higher speeds is what sprint really needed.

If you peruse this thread you'll find some who disagree with that assessment.

I was just in PR for a week and was very very impressed with the B25 coverage, much better than Raleigh. I only fell back to 3G twice that I noticed and those were very short lived, and once was in the rain forest. The LTE speeds on the other hand were....bad. The fastest I saw was 2.8mbps and I was often under 1mbps with an excellent signal. They badly need Spark. 

Is B26 planned on the island? I don't think it would be necessary for coverage from what I saw, but an additional carrier would surely be beneficial speed-wise.  EDIT: Never mind, I see that it is not possible, shame.

Also, my girlfriend on VZW was stuck on 1x Roaming the entire week (I assume on Sprint). It was nice to see the tables turned for once, her phone was completely useless when not on the resort WiFi or tethered to mine  :lol:

B26 is not currently possible. But Sprint will continue pursuing options for more B26 spectrum for a future play in PR.

I was just in PR for a week and was very very impressed with the B25 coverage, much better than Raleigh. I only fell back to 3G twice that I noticed and those were very short lived, and once was in the rain forest. The LTE speeds on the other hand were....bad. The fastest I saw was 2.8mbps and I was often under 1mbps with an excellent signal. They badly need Spark. 

Is B26 planned on the island? I don't think it would be necessary for coverage from what I saw, but an additional carrier would surely be beneficial speed-wise.  EDIT: Never mind, I see that it is not possible, shame.

Also, my girlfriend on VZW was stuck on 1x Roaming the entire week (I assume on Sprint). It was nice to see the tables turned for once, her phone was completely useless when not on the resort WiFi or tethered to mine  :lol:

Does she know that she can roam on Open Mobile there for LTE?

Does she know that she can roam on Open Mobile there for LTE?

For an additional fee, correct? (at least that is what the VZW rep told her when she called when we first arrived)

Since we were always together, she was fine hopping on my hotspot when necessary or just using my phone vs paying extra to verizon

For an additional fee, correct? (at least that is what the VZW rep told her when she called when we first arrived)

Since we were always together, she was fine hopping on my hotspot when necessary or just using my phone vs paying extra to verizon

No, it's seen as Domestic Roaming and is 100% free of charge. It counts towards her normal minutes and data usage. The rep was wrong.

No, it's seen as Domestic Roaming and is 100% free of charge. It counts towards her normal minutes and data usage. The rep was wrong.

This is good to know for when we go back. Their maps however show all data coverage on the island as 1x Extended Data (what she was on) and "International LTE" which is why the rep said she needed to add some kind of world roaming package for a fee. I checked to make sure Data Roaming was turned on, why would her iPhone 6 not latch on to LTE? Did I miss a setting? I'm not very well versed with iPhone settings.

This is good to know for when we go back. Their maps however show all data coverage on the island as 1x Extended Data (what she was on) and "International LTE" which is why the rep said she needed to add some kind of world roaming package for a fee. I checked to make sure Data Roaming was turned on, why would her iPhone 6 not latch on to LTE? Did I miss a setting? I'm not very well versed with iPhone settings.

On the iPhone there is International CDMA and other settings in roaming that you need to turn on. Then, once you toggle airplane mode, it should connect to LTE.

• Like 1

On the iPhone there is International CDMA and other settings in roaming that you need to turn on. Then, once you toggle airplane mode, it should connect to LTE.

That I didn't know. Thanks. I will try it on my aunts phone. Poor lady moved to PR with Verizon and is stuck on 1x ex..

• Like 1

That I didn't know. Thanks. I will try it on my aunts phone. Poor lady moved to PR with Verizon and is stuck on 1x ex..

So if she does activate LTE will Verizon charge her? Right now she's not paying extra but it's 1x ext.

B26 is not currently possible. But Sprint will continue pursuing options for more B26 spectrum for a future play in PR.

Will the FCC EVER strip the spectrum squatters of that spectrum!!?

Its about the money. Everybody already got paid off so the incentive to now enforce the law is very small. Especially since I assume companies like att will be opposed to let any of their competitors get any spectrum they do not want to fight for too.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk