Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Do the bars reflect LTE signal?

Yes the bars reflect data strength then changes to voice strength when on a call.

• Like 1

I think another tower just came online but I'm not sure which one it is. I am in the Agnes fancy area and never got lte in this area but now I am. Can't wait for all the towers to get fired up.

Themuffinman I signed up for HTC elevate; I'm apart of the community now. Lol, wasn't really hard, and it wasn't a long wait. How, when, and why do they send you free devices?

Well they usually have all sorts of "activities" they would ask members to do and then they will pick random members who did the activities to give all sorts of htc swag including phones.  They also do early software testing(which is very difficult to get into because of possible leaks) as well as early device testing.  So basically you just have to get lucky, and I must say that I have been very lucky so far.

So I been rocking a nexus 5 the last couple of days and I got to say that this thing picks up lte everywhere. Seriously, if lte connectivity is the most important thing to you then I highly recommend the nexus 5 for sure. I just went from crownbay to redhook and the only time it disconnected from lte was when I past the sapphire area almost to redhook. On the way back to town from redhook, it connected right before I got to sugarbay and it stayed connected from there all through skyline, down mafolie hill back into town without disconnecting once. If you want lte coverage, the nexus 5 is the device to get.

I have been using mine for some few days too and I can also say that this device Is Awesome at holding LTE signal... The best $408.00 I spent this year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How does one sign up for Elevate?

Every once and a while they send out invites via Facebook or Twitter. Once you sign up they will select who they want out of that pool.

Huh, did all the Puerto Rico members disappear from this thread? Sorry, I haven't kept up with it at all but I popped in and skimmed a few pages back and there seemed to be no talk about PR.

I imagine it decreased a lot after a few months past the main LTE deployment, for my part I just got busy and I wasn't seeing any LTE action in my immediate vicinity anyway, that finally changed the last month or two and the San Patricio area or the neighborhoods right between Bayamon and Guaynabo finally seem to be up to par with other areas on the island.

Anyway, the reason I REALLY came running back to the thread was to ask whether the eCSFB issue with LTE on the Nexus 5 affects Puerto Rico... I'm ashamed to say I bought a Nexus 5 the day it went on sale, received it last Wednesday ahead of schedule (projected delivery was Friday), picked up a SIM in store last Thursday without too much trouble (employee was clueless but still nice and we got thru it), and YET I still haven't found the time to activate the damn thing.

I wanna unlock the bootloader first and do a couple other things, plus I've been swamped with work, then I became aware of that eCSFB issue and thought I'd ask. I'll probably be firing it up tonight or tomorrow so I guess I'll find out one way or the other soon enough.

Edited by Impulse

Huh, did all the Puerto Rico members disappear from this thread? Sorry, I haven't kept up with it at all but I popped in and skimmed a few pages back and there seemed to be no talk about PR.

I imagine it decreased a lot after a few months past the main LTE deployment, for my part I just got busy and I wasn't seeing any LTE action in my immediate vicinity anyway, that finally changed the last month or two and the San Patricio area or the neighborhoods right between Bayamon and Guaynabo finally seem to be up to par with other areas on the island.

Anyway, the reason I REALLY came running back to the thread was to ask whether the eCSFB issue with LTE on the Nexus 5 affects Puerto Rico... I'm ashamed to say I bought a Nexus 5 the day it went on sale, received it last Wednesday ahead of schedule (projected delivery was Friday), picked up a SIM in store last Thursday without too much trouble (employee was clueless but still nice and we got thru it), and YET I still haven't found the time to activate the damn thing.

I wanna unlock the bootloader first and do a couple other things, plus I've been swamped with work, then I became aware of that eCSFB issue and thought I'd ask. I'll probably be firing it up tonight or tomorrow so I guess I'll find out one way or the other soon enough.

I haven't been to PR in a while but I don't think it will be an issue.  I am currently in the VI and my N5 is working perfectly.  I think the issue is from lte sites that haven't been upgraded on the 3g side, all of the PR/VI sites have long been upgraded on the 3g side.

I've been using my 32GB Nexus 5 for about 5 days and i havent had a single issue yet. I live in Bayamon and I can tell you this phone is a beast when it comes to holding LTE. I am so happy now that I can have LTE in places were I used to drop to 3G

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Isn't part of Sprint's backhaul there routed thru Puerto Rico? Dunno, I rarely notice that on my phone. In fact, sometimes it's the opposite... Certain video sites or apps that won't work on home broadband because I'm outside the US will work on my phone, which is nice.