Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

A big week of updates in PR/VI. Stay tuned to the NV Sites complete thread in the Sponsors forum later today.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 7

Yup...u might say that..... I use slacker radio a lot at work..... :D:):P

posted using my super FK'N htcEVO4gLTE

Fully understand... I attempt to listen to the SiriusXM app at work as well. A lot of times it doesn't work out too well as it just keeps buffering.

A big week of updates in PR/VI. Stay tuned to the NV Sites complete thread in the Sponsors forum later today.

this is great news pr market has been moving really well i hope we start seing Lte soon thanks for all your valued information

this is great news pr market has been moving really well i hope we start seing Lte soon thanks for all your valued information

Not so ansy for the LTE but get the 3g NV fully deployed and running!!!!!!!!!

posted using my super FK'N htcEVO4gLTE

Yeah Puerto Rico is very small, it would not surprise me if it was one of the first markets to be done 100%. I'm just hoping to see the the first LTE sites start popping up in December at least!

• Like 1

Thanks Robert, sadly went yesterday to check my local tower and it doesn't have panels installed yet... :wacko: but happy seeing progress, its just matter of time..

• Like 1

Yeah Puerto Rico is very small, it would not surprise me if it was one of the first markets to be done 100%. I'm just hoping to see the the first LTE sites start popping up in December at least!

Probably working so hard to get PR done so that some contractors can get back home to their families. Would they fly out contractors to the island or would they actually use contractors from PR?

Roberto can you verify these tower? It is not appear in map. It is in Guayanilla. Workers in action

It looks like it could be Sprint on the bottom, and it may be Network Vision work. If it is not on our maps, we don't know anything about it. We will have to see if it shows up in the update of completed sites.

Robert

• Like 1

From the October 14 updates the post says 21 NV Complete sites. The map shows only 20.

According to my files, it is 21 updates this week:

• Aibonito
  • Aguas Buenas
  • Barranquitas
  • Caguas (2)
  • Cidra
  • Comerio (3)
  • Dorado (2)
  • Manati
  • Salinas
  • San Juan
  • Trujillo Alto (3)
  • Vega Alta
  • Vega Baja (3)

Robert

• Like 2

According to my files, it is 21 updates this week:

• Aibonito
  • Aguas Buenas
  • Barranquitas
  • Caguas (2)
  • Cidra
  • Comerio (3)
  • Dorado (2)
  • Manati
  • Salinas
  • San Juan
  • Trujillo Alto (3)
  • Vega Alta
  • Vega Baja (3)

Robert

The Manati site is not present on the NV Complete map.

The Manati site is not present on the NV Complete map.

Yes it is. It is Site #PR59XC207. It is located on PR-2, about 1.5 miles east of town. You don't see it on the map? I'm looking right at it now.

Robert

Yes it is. It is Site #PR59XC207. It is located on PR-2, about 1.5 miles east of town. You don't see it on the map? I'm looking right at it now.

Robert

I see Site #Site PR59XC207. Missing from Manatí is Site# PR03XC003 which is the next to the West of PR59XC207. For me its odd that a lone site is not complete having the surrounding clusters completed. I mention that I counted 20 sites, because I did a screenshot of the last update of October 8 and counted the new sites. I mention Manati because it was odd. It could be another one. The screenshot is on my work computer. I can include it tomorrow.

I see Site #Site PR59XC207. Missing from Manatí is Site# PR03XC003 which is the next to the West of PR59XC207. For me its odd that a lone site is not complete having the surrounding clusters completed. I mention that I counted 20 sites, because I did a screenshot of the last update of October 8 and counted the new sites. I mention Manati because it was odd. It could be another one. The screenshot is on my work computer. I can include it tomorrow.

It may seem odd to you. However, the list updated every week only includes sites accepted from Sprint. The odd site out may have had to be rejected because it did not meet contract requirements. It may show up in a future update when any issues are corrected. I counted 21 sites. But if you can find one that is missing, let me know. I will see if there was a problem with the import to our map software.

Robert

It may seem odd to you. However, the list updated every week only includes sites accepted from Sprint. The odd site out may have had to be rejected because it did not meet contract requirements. It may show up in a future update when any issues are corrected. I counted 21 sites. But if you can find one that is missing, let me know. I will see if there was a problem with the import to our map software.

Robert

I'll recheck the screenshot. In the list I see a Salinas one that I may have overlooked. Tomorrow I'll check and let you know. Thanks.

• Like 1

is there any info or estimates as to how many sites Sprint has in PR or the PR/VI market? just trying to roughly guess-timate how long until I see guys working on the tower near my house !

edit: just read it in the comments for the main PR article, just in case anyone's wondering, Robert posted: "

266 in the market. 14 of them are in the USVI."

thanks again Robert!!

• Like 3