Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Is this legit or have I been lied to. Isn't Sprint's Theoretical high 37mbps ? What is this ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Not sure how they did that, Speedtest.net is known to flake out occasionally, or have servers report inaccurately. Yes, the max speed possible on Sprint's current LTE network without the aid of a Tri-Band hotspot is 37.5Mbps.

Is this legit or have I been lied to. Isn't Sprint's Theoretical high 37mbps ? What is this ?

Not sure how they did that, Speedtest.net is known to flake out occasionally, or have servers report inaccurately. Yes, the max speed possible on Sprint's current LTE network without the aid of a Tri-Band hotspot is 37.5Mbps.

I'm in Tampa now but I haven't been doing speed tests in a while. I'll give it a try next time I've got a nice strong LTE signal. But interesting the server chosen was Jacksonville rather than the two here in Tampa.

There is a jailbreak program for ios that will change the carriers name to anything u want. It could be that the person who posted this was on AT&T or Verizon and changed the carrier to sprint with the JB program.

Wow what a difference on a weekday when everyone is at work (apparently on their phones not doing work). Went from 10mbps down to 300kbps, 500ms ping, upload FAILED on LTE in fidi. Guess theres only one tower active and a million people on it. 

I get the LTE signal where I am on Wall and Broadway but cant use it. It's a weak signal to here. But I am glad there is progress but 4 months too late for me. Moving to T-mobile next month. Hopefully Triband will be full blown by end of 2016 and might come back if there is unlimited data still.

Yes more sites need to go live to service that area. Theirs no way that one site can service one of the most dense places per block in NYC..But, they usually come in bunches so lets hope this will spur up more acceptances quicker in the area. Also, I don't think  we will have to wait till 2016 for all that goodness, seems more like 6-8 months. Maybe end of 2014 for most Clear sites in NYC, since we already have active band 41.

Edited by nexgencpu

Its horrible down here. 3g also does not work at all. And even for 1X voice If you just watch your phone the signal bars go 0-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1-0-1-2-3-4-5 and so on. Very unstable! Hope they are working on the towers.

Its horrible down here. 3g also does not work at all. And even for 1X voice If you just watch your phone the signal bars go 0-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1-0-1-2-3-4-5 and so on. Very unstable! Hope they are working on the towers.

That's most likely what's going on. Hopefully it wont last too long..some people experience this for days others for weeks, but the take away is that it usually comes back with upgrades.

Edited by nexgencpu

I get the LTE signal where I am on Wall and Broadway but cant use it. It's a weak signal to here. But I am glad there is progress but 4 months too late for me. Moving to T-mobile next month. Hopefully Triband will be full blown by end of 2016 and might come back if there is unlimited data still.

Tri-Band will be full blown by Spring. Band 41 LTE is already active in New York, and is expanding. Band 26 LTE will be coming online this fall. Tri-Band phones are coming out this fall.

• Like 4

Tri-Band will be full blown by Spring. Band 41 LTE is already active in New York, and is expanding. Band 26 LTE will be coming online this fall. Tri-Band phones are coming out this fall.

Hopefully all the tribands phone will be configured properly to switch bands fast and efficiently

• Like 1

There is a jailbreak program for ios that will change the carriers name to anything u want. It could be that the person who posted this was on AT&T or Verizon and changed the carrier to sprint with the JB program.

The guy on YouTube replied with where he did the speed test and it's only a couple blocks away from a Sprint NV upgraded 3G/4G site so it could be legit. Out of all the areas of Tampa, it's pretty close to an area I drive through everyday. I'll see what my Galaxy S III can get this afternoon. I drive out there early in the mornings too around 6am so I'll give it test then too.

The guy on YouTube replied with where he did the speed test and it's only a couple blocks away from a Sprint NV upgraded 3G/4G site so it could be legit. Out of all the areas of Tampa, it's pretty close to an area I drive through everyday. I'll see what my Galaxy S III can get this afternoon. I drive out there early in the mornings too around 6am so I'll give it test then too.

The point is, speeds like that are not physically possible on the Sprint LTE network yet. Not with a phone, let alone the iPhone. The fastest speed possible is 37.5Mbps. Anything faster is an error, either with the app or the speedtest server.

• Like 2

The point is, speeds like that are not physically possible on the Sprint LTE network yet. Not with a phone, let alone the iPhone. The fastest speed possible is 37.5Mbps. Anything faster is an error, either with the app or the speedtest server.

Okay thanks.

I am within 500 feet of an actual NV upgraded site and dont even get anywhere near then that. It's a more stable connection, but those speeds aren't reflective at all.

• Like 1

I am within 500 feet of an actual NV upgraded site and dont even get anywhere near then that. It's a more stable connection, but those speeds aren't reflective at all.

That's also because you are in NYC where the amount of people on your tower is greater than in other cities.

• Like 1

The point was that the poster thought it had to do with the distance to the actual tower.

Actually my point about being close to a tower was that he didn't use a jailbreak app to change his carrier name from AT&T or Verizon to Sprint LTE. But as Dkoellerwx pointed out, it was probably inaccuracy of the server. Even within the video at 1:30 it gives a more realistic 11.78 down.