Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Well went to my sisters house up in Hopewell Junction, NY and mapped the route on Sensorly. 

Had LTE in

Queens via Metropolitan ave to Williamsburg Bridge, then

FDR Drive to Major Deegan to Sprain Brook Pkwy

Stayed on Sprain Brook Pkwy

A few brief spots on Spain Brook Pkwy from Tuckahoe Rd to Route 100B

Received LTE again on pkwy from Interstate 287 to just past Westchester Medical Center,

One brief LTE signal around Croton Lake

LTE past FDR State park to Mercy College/Bear mountain State pkwy interchange

Then dead zone up to Hopewell Junction.

Rinse and repeat coming back to NYC.

TS

• Like 2

Interesting article on Transit Wireless (subway station wireless):

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=705530

Says Sprint will deploy in 2014; Verizon later this year.

Hasn't AT&T already started, when im on the train i often see people with AT&T iPhones using their phones in the station & sometimes in the tunnels .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nice! be on the lookout for BAND 26 (LTE 800)...would be awesome to be first here in NYC!,( as far as I know) do you know how to verify on your phone?

This city barely has 800Mhz CDMA. The first cities to get 800Mhz LTE will probably be Indianapolis and Chicago.

Nice! be on the lookout for BAND 26 (LTE 800)...would be awesome to be first here in NYC!,( as far as I know) do you know how to verify on your phone?

Do 800 get those type of pings? I tried going to diagnostic mode. Not sure what I'm looking for. If u could help me and tell me what to look for, I'll definitely take a look.

This city barely has 800Mhz CDMA. The first cities to get 800Mhz LTE will probably be Indianapolis and Chicago.

That most likely is the case considering how far along they are, but you never know with the lack of consistency in this whole deployment.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/644248750

It could be that the new chip on the 5S is that powerful. Couldn't get more then 80mbps on my 5 ever. This is solid and consistent. Could be a good radio

that's pretty damn good, I'm guessing your WiFi router ain't too shabby. Plus, yes the iPhone 5s I/o performance is showing its muscle.

that's pretty damn good, I'm guessing your WiFi router ain't too shabby. Plus, yes the iPhone 5s I/o performance is showing its muscle.

My router can handle those speeds as it's an ac router. On the the 5 I could never get those type of speeds. I still have no idea how to check to see if I have 800 in diagnostic mode, if anyone wants to help.

I don't know about other devices but, on the EVO 4G LTE, there is a toggle for better WiFi performance, although it says that it may consume more battery. I wish it had the same for LTE.

That's a software setting. Their is a maximum capability for any device.