Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

yepp thats its, the google street view is from september 2015 and i see a box and antenna on the poll but the placement and size is different, im guessing this was a clear wimaxx mini cell.

edit: doesn't show up in the maps on this site but one does for 59th and park, maybe thats its. 

Yes. A lot of Clear small cells have been converted by Nokia and Sprint! That plus sprints own new deployment will yield approximately 200 small cells in NYC by the end of summer with hundreds more to come. 

• Like 2

Yes. A lot of Clear small cells have been converted by Nokia and Sprint! That plus sprints own new deployment will yield approximately 200 small cells in NYC by the end of summer with hundreds more to come. 

are these cell more aim towards people on the street and ground level in buildings or do they have vertical range to for people higher up in buildings. either way it will relieve the stress on macro cells and remove congestion. 

are these cell more aim towards people on the street and ground level in buildings or do they have vertical range to for people higher up in buildings. either way it will relieve the stress on macro cells and remove congestion.

Primarily ground level.

The skyscrapers I imagine will be iDAS type of deployments which is a whole other ballgame.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 1

That's great to see! The best part is that without advertising, every customer walking by those areas will benefit from the upgrade. Can't wait to see the rest come on air.

Primarily street level to relieve the capacity on nearby macro sites.

• Like 2

Connected to 2 different sets of small cells.

They cover between 53rd street 2nd Ave till about 60th street and Madison.

Performance was pretty great, speeds between 20mb to 70mb pings in the teens.

GCI was same as downtown by pearl starting with 0129.

• Like 4

Scp shots for small cell..

42nd n 5th

https://imgur.com/OmFG9on

Speed test for this location

https://imgur.com/a/w12Kw

58th n park Ave

https://imgur.com/FSunjl1

47th n 7th Ave

https://imgur.com/Q14PD7V

Interesting. GCI range is new or outside the ones SCP knows about, so it's not identifying it as B41. How far is it from the normal range of GCIs for NYC?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

• Like 1

Interesting. GCI range is new or outside the ones SCP knows about, so it's not identifying it as B41. How far is it from the normal range of GCIs for NYC?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

B41 for Sprint is 013 and 20x for clear. So no, scp does not identify it as B41.

But of course engineering screens and speed test verify the band.

• Like 1

B41 for Sprint is 013 and 20x for clear. So no, scp does not identify it as B41.

But of course engineering screens and speed test verify the band.

So it's before the normal range. Interesting, I'd have expected it to be after.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

SCP could recognize it as a small cell if it is using the B25 market GCI and the B41 sector bytes. Just imagine if some one tracked the market and was going through logs you could write a script to look for just those things in the logs. Then have the best signal location for the odd GCI to make them easier to confirm in the field.

• Like 3

Looks like they are really going all out. Connected on 42nd 5th and also connected on 47th 7th Ave all with similar speeds.

This is getting good!

Did you check signal indoor for these small cells or just outdoor?  Just wonder if outdoor small cells' signals can reach indoor.