Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I can confirm service on the 1/2/3 from Wall St to 14th is live now. I connected to Band 25 2md carrier.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

is that CDMA refarming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, hopefully we'll see that over ground soon.

Perhaps the reason why they did this is because they don't have as much voice traffic down there so they have much more freedom to deploy spectrum as they please.

But I'm glad to be the first one!

Is that so? I called her again today and still sounded the same like yesterday. I assume I would have to do this through the sprint website?

Yeah try removing the option from both lines from sprint.com and see if it works. I read this somewhere before as to how someone else fixed it.

I can confirm service on the 1/2/3 from Wall St to 14th is live now. I connected to Band 25 2nd carrier.

Which stop did you take that screenshot/

Which stop did you take that screenshot/

Fulton St on the A/C/E when going back to Brooklyn. But I found it in each stop from Wall St to Christopher St on the 1/2/3. For some reason my 1x data wouldn't depopulate but my LTE did between stops and this would always come back.

Yes, second carrier is live down there at least.

Is cdma pcs refarming happening

Perhaps the reason why they did this is because they don't have as much voice traffic down there so they have much more freedom to deploy spectrum as they please.

This is not CDMA2000 spectrum refarming, per se.  The spectrum in question was not in widespread, if any use in the subway system, which is like an enclosed lab -- the RF underground is isolated from the RF in the outside world.  So, this is more akin to greenfield spectrum deployment.

AJ

• Like 2

Fulton St on the A/C/E when going back to Brooklyn. But I found it in each stop from Wall St to Christopher St on the 1/2/3. For some reason my 1x data wouldn't depopulate but my LTE did between stops and this would always come back.

Can you take a screenshot of your debug menu when you're connected to it again?

i was walking on madison ave and between 23rd st and 24th street there are two smalls cells. I wasn't connected to either and based on the Wimaxx site map they weren't old clear cells. I guess both ATT and Verizon are deploying small cells pretty rapidly too. I don't think I've seen anything about t-mobile using them in NYC but they deff have the most macro towers. One block over on 5th and 23rd street there is a clear site according to the map. I checked google street view and its deff a small cell. 

I'm going to see if its been converted yet to LTE. I would think it is since its across from the flat iron building which has a Sprint store at the bottom. 

Im going to use the old clear map to try and find other old clear sites that might have been converted or hopefully going to be. 

edit: if anyone is there before monday let me know about it please

Is crown Castle  mounting the Sprint /Nokia small cells in New York City? 

Because I found hundreds of Crown Castle permits. 

Crown Castle does work for all the carriers, so it's a lot harder to tell who is who.

Same goes for the sites which are already on-air. The only true test outside of working for Sprint is to stand in front of them with a phone in debug mode.

Reported issue on park Ave by cross Bronx. Site was barely going over 200k and timeouts galore. Issue was going on for many months.

Sprint finally came through and fixed the issue. Now seeing 10mb+ and normal Sprint pings of 20s and 30s.

• Like 3