Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Yes, but even at this early stage looks like Sprint has quite a few live in NYC already.

Good they're finally doing the job that Alcatel-Lucent never did

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just found one on park and 33rd st. Signal was weak but I pulled 45mbps and SCP had no clue what band it was. It was in front of Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts. Ill upload picutes and screen shots later from a computer

Just found one on park and 33rd st. Signal was weak but I pulled 45mbps and SCP had no clue what band it was. It was in front of Success Academy High School of the Liberal Arts. Ill upload picutes and screen shots later from a computer

I believe that's the same one I connected too as well a couple post ago.
  • Like 1

I believe that's the same one I connected too as well a couple post ago.

Your location was correct thats why my signal was weak. Went to 34th and Park and got an awsome signal right below it. Speeds peaked at 55mbps and the ping was 13ms which I still can't believe.

Good they're finally doing the job that Alcatel-Lucent never did

Amen to that. Now if they can spread the love to secondary markets...

Y'all have any feel for how long it takes to set these up and whether they're all WiMAX small cell conversions or a mix of conversions and new cells?

Y'all have any feel for how long it takes to set these up and whether they're all WiMAX small cell conversions or a mix of conversions and new cells?

Hey once they get into it they should deploy very quickly

• Like 1

And I assume these aren't repeaters based on the photos. So are they conventional fiber-fed small cells? I know they have their own GCIs and are confirmed B41, but I wasn't aware Sprint (Nokia specifically) had any conventional 41 small cells in the cards.

And I assume these aren't repeaters based on the photos. So are they conventional fiber-fed small cells? I know they have their own GCIs and are confirmed B41, but I wasn't aware Sprint (Nokia specifically) had any conventional 41 small cells in the cards.

I believe the same small cells that act as LTE UE Relay also can act as conventional small cells, but I think it's ethernet fed, not directly fiber fed.

• Like 1

At this moment I believe they just fired up all the WiMax small cells that have been converted. They likely have their own Ethernet connection. 

• Like 1

Here are the pictures and screen shots i promised earlier. 

1st: small cell that isn't Sprint, I thought it was until found the Sprint one around the corner. Which is the reason i had a weak signal

(I'm including this to show how similar both look and its almost impossible to tell them apart. The city must require the unifrom case to hide the equipment.)

2nd: signal when i was near the wrong small cell.

3rd: The correct Sprint Cell on 34th and Park

4th: Speed test from right under the cell.

iLqVTvl.jpg?1

YNxAvCa.png?1

XtOVfAz.jpg?1

WOtHMwJ.png?1

• Like 5

1st: small cell that isn't Sprint, I thought it was until found the Sprint one around the corner. Which is the reason i had a weak signal

(I'm including this to show how similar both look and its almost impossible to tell them apart. The city must require the unifrom case to hide the equipment.)

Those are definitely band 41 speeds and also thats a neat set up

It definitely looks like its microwave backhaul fed from the pictures i cant see any fiber

Those are definitely band 41 speeds and also thats a neat set up

there really is no way to tell. the fiber most likely gets ran up thru the poll just like the electric does. 

edit: or ethernet connection

It definitely looks like its microwave backhaul fed from the pictures i cant see any fiber

No. 

There is no microwave receiver, or LTE relay on that site. 99% sure it is Ethernet fed. 

Remember, these were WiMax sites before they were B41, so they already had internet connections run to them. 

• Like 1

No.

There is no microwave receiver, or LTE relay on that site. 99% sure it is Ethernet fed.

Remember, these were WiMax sites before they were B41, so they already had internet connections run to them.

hmm thank you for correcting me on this post when it comes to network gear I am a complete newbie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also went to B&H today and one of the first things you notice out side is the t-mobile store right across the street with huge Cell antennas on the room. they are basically on the roof of a one story building. The building behind it is about 3 stories and has what appears to be 2 different sets of antennas. The next thing I did was check my phone to see the signal. I was connected to an awesome B41 connection.  So then I went to S4GRU premier section to see Sprint site locations but Sprint didn't have a site here. I then check Nextel but nothing was there. Last I checked the Clear WiMax site locations and boom it was a hit. But why did Sprint swap out the Clear equipment that could handle LTE and use the new LTE B41 equipment for a B25/B26 only site. I guess its possible that they went ahead and did a full Sprint build there. I didn't think to drop down to 3G and I can't force my phone to B25 or B26 (LG G4). While I was trying to figure out which antenna belonged to who I notice another small cell on top of the light post on the corner. Could this be the Clear site that got convert? At this point I'm not sure cause it showed Sprint B41^2 on SCP and on all the other small cells it only shows Sprint.  Can anyone identify the equipment. I'm guessing its a safe bet to say the equipment on top of t-mobile is for t-mobile, they might own the property. 

Heres a picture of all the antennas and my speed test.

Lg7Srld.jpg

vfnieP6.png?1

• Like 1