Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

This sucks out side my community 10309

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A FYI. If you're going to post a screenshot of a slow speedtest then you must do it in a constructive way other than just saying "it sucks."

Speed Test Images. Posting examples of slow speed tests are not allowed.  We all know slow looks like. We already know there are parts of the Sprint network that really stinks.  Zero looks like zero, no matter how many times it is posted.  Violative posts will be removed.  Repeat offenders many be subject to further action by S4GRU Staff.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/
  • Like 3

ImageRemovedS4GRU.png

This sucks out side my community 10309

Ok I didn't know about this. Is not like that broke some Cardinal rule . I understand we all want to see good signals but I think we should show where signal is not as good.

Ok I didn't know about this. Is not like that broke some Cardinal rule . I understand we all want to see good signals but I think we should show where signal is not as good.

That's why he said "constructive way"

What area is that exactly? 

Inside his lead mine.

AJ

How is Sprint by the barclay center?

With at&t I got a 52 ping yesterday with 3.22 down and 2.21 up.

I know there's LTE in that area but u haven't run any speed test. I gotchu next time I go to church.

I know there's LTE in that area but u haven't run any speed test. I gotchu next time I go to church.

Thanks.

I was around the area yesterday and at one point I was 2 miles from the Barclay Center near 197 Atlantic Ave and at&t was crawling. I couldn't even load Google Maps.

I was on their band 17 with one bar of service. I had to turn off LTE and switch to HSPA+ and Google Maps loaded instantly.

Very frustrating. At&t better be doing something about capacity because I have noticed their speeds slow down a lot compared to 2013 when I first joined them.

Thanks.

I was around the area yesterday and at one point I was 2 miles from the Barclay Center near 197 Atlantic Ave and at&t was crawling. I couldn't even load Google Maps.

I was on their band 17 with one bar of service. I had to turn off LTE and switch to HSPA+ and Google Maps loaded instantly.

Very frustrating. At&t better be doing something about capacity because I have noticed their speeds slow down a lot compared to 2013 when I first joined them.

Speed isn't really a problem over here at sprint, I'd say Penetration and lack of active LTE towers would be a problem but that'll be fix relatively soon. Sprints been on a role with the roll out of B25,41 & 26. I rarely see 3G anymore.

Sprint definitely performs better than that at the Barclays Center. Speeds are typically 20-30 Down and 10-14 up. Band 41 is all around it.

Additionally, 197 Atlantic Ave (which I think is near the Transit Museum) is covered in LTE completely and speeds are regularly higher than what you just stated.

Milan (a T-Mobile user on this site from NYC) said that Sprint has actually gotten to the point where he'd recommended them over AT&T. I've watched AT&T's network crumble with the iPhone launch, come back because of LTE, and then crumble again. They're in a sticky position network-wise.

• Like 1

Sprint definitely performs better than that at the Barclays Center. Speeds are typically 20-30 Down and 10-14 up. Band 41 is all around it.

Additionally, 197 Atlantic Ave (which I think is near the Transit Museum) is covered in LTE completely and speeds are regularly higher than what you just stated.

Milan (a T-Mobile user on this site from NYC) said that Sprint has actually gotten to the point where he'd recommended them over AT&T. I've watched AT&T's network crumble with the iPhone launch, come back because of LTE, and then crumble again. They're in a sticky position network-wise.

I have AT&T for my note 4 which is unlocked and their speeds are absolutely horrible and hspa plus is faster then their LTE NETWORK and their voice service has gone down the tubes

I believe Sprint's on the DAS at Barclays so it should be pretty rock solid.

I have AT&T for my note 4 which is unlocked and their speeds are absolutely horrible and hspa plus is faster then their LTE NETWORK and their voice service has gone down the tubes

At my job it has also gone down the tubes and this is voice and data services.

I don't know what is going on with at&t. I left Sprint for At&t back in June 2013 after growing frustrated with Sprint's slow upgrades and At&t was great until just recently.

Suddenly I'm losing service at work, supper slow data speeds, slow data speeds in BK, Corona, Sprinfield Gardens, it's really becoming frustrating.

I'm only sticking with them because At&t has better coverage than Sprint by the Grand Canyon which I'm traveling to next month and when I come back and it hasn't improved, I'm switching to Verizon or Sprint.

This is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Maybe at&t has slowed down with all the users from cricket and Leap being switched over to GSM from CDMA.

You know at&t is having capacity issues when LTE won't load google maps and I have to switch over to HSPA+ to load directions.

Maybe at&t has slowed down with all the users from cricket and Leap being switched over to GSM from CDMA.

Atts hspa plus is faster then their LTE where I live

You know at&t is having capacity issues when LTE won't load google maps and I have to switch over to HSPA+ to load directions.

Verizon solved their capacity issues with their AWS spectrum (XLTE) and at&t is staying behind again. They better work these issues out.

Sprint is still upgrading their network and definitely have improved but I just wish they had BYOD since my iPhone 6 is unlocked.

Leap didn't offer service in NYC son that wouldn't really apply here. It's simply that they lack the spectrum and they aren't investing as much into their network as the others on NYC.