Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Yes I just figured it out... and yes thats cool but my phone note 3 and my bro phone note 4... still same thing.. we live about 8-12 blocks form the cooper st and evergreen location and nothing... and about 4 or 5 blocks from Myrtle and Decatur St and no difference in 3g speeds but its cool at least something is happening.  I'm getting 507ms ping .17mbps down .41mbps upload on 3g... 

This map shows the last sites that were accepted...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/517-nv-sites-complete-maps/?p=6824

Yes I just figured it out... and yes thats cool but my phone note 3 and my bro phone note 4... still same thing.. we live about 8-12 blocks form the cooper st and evergreen location and nothing... and about 4 or 5 blocks from Myrtle and Decatur St and no difference in 3g speeds but its cool at least something is happening.  I'm getting 507ms ping .17mbps down .41mbps upload on 3g... 

So it sounds like the Myrtle site might be your home site, which looks like it just got NV equipment on it. This might explain why you were getting sooo many dropped calls, you were on Legacy equipment being replaced, and it looks like one big part of the upgrade is complete, they just need to get Fiber onto it and get LTE rolling. 

At least you will most like likely have a more stable calling experience.

ehhh never really had a bad calling experience on it... only this last week did I have bad calling experience. thats the crazy thing about it. I bounce between myrtle decatur and myrtle wyckoff they tell me overtime I call... so basically this update did jack but just seeing other nearby towers get lte excites me. those areas that got that are rough neighborhoods so to see that they are getting work done I have faith these will because they are in much better areas. 

So it sounds like the Myrtle site might be your home site, which looks like it just got NV equipment on it. This might explain why you were getting sooo many dropped calls, you were on Legacy equipment being replaced, and it looks like one big part of the upgrade is complete, they just need to get Fiber onto it and get LTE rolling. 

At least you will most like likely have a more stable calling experience.

ehhh never really had a bad calling experience on it... only this last week did I have bad calling experience. thats the crazy thing about it. I bounce between myrtle decatur and myrtle wyckoff they tell me overtime I call... so basically this update did jack but just seeing other nearby towers get lte excites me. those areas that got that are rough neighborhoods so to see that they are getting work done I have faith these will because they are in much better areas. 

Thats exactly what I meant, about your call "experience" that explains why you were dropping calls, they were ripping equipment and testing etc...

Also, keep in mind that once that new site near cooper gets B26 you will probably be within range, as long as you have a Triband device.

yea my bro said sometimes he get lte... but whats that app you guys use? Im gonna see if that s4 is tribunal tomorrow and use it for testing

If it has the Spark logo while connected to LTE its Triband, if it doesn't skip it.

Also, the app we use to see what site and what band we are connecting to is called Signal Check pro, the dev is also a fellow member. I'd suggest you purchase the pro version (its a bucks) its well worth it since he updates that one more frequently and you will also help support the cause.

Whatever Sprint's doing to enhance B41 coverage around my home has worked miracles to unload B25.

One Sprint B41 site covers a huge amount of area (about a 20 block radius) , its quite impressive.

I'm now hitting nearly 9mbs on B25 vs 1mbs (5mbs max even at 1am) just 2 months ago...

• Like 4

Whatever Sprint's doing to enhance B41 coverage around my home has worked miracles to unload B25.

One Sprint B41 site covers a huge amount of area (about a 20 block radius) , its quite impressive.

I'm now hitting nearly 9mbs on B25 vs 1mbs (5mbs max even at 1am) just 2 months ago...

That's a big difference!
  • Like 1

That's a big difference!

I'd say Sprint is finally tweaking the network to work the way it was supposed too. Lol anything they do that improves the speed and radius of the bands works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing worth noting (I don't know if it's changed since I went back to Boston) is that that B41 speeds have kinda tanked. Although Band 25 and Band 26 offer speeds ranging from 6-13Mbps around my house Band 41 which used to give me 40 Mbps+ outside of my house, now barely passes 12Mbps. That's not saying it's bad but Sprint really needs to upgrade backhaul on some of the Clear sites. The only site that hasn't been affected in my area is the site that was consistently giving me 78-81Mbps. That site still operates at about 72Mbps on average.

Is NYC currently being affected by eCSFB issues during Spark upgrades? Have any of you had issues getting inbound calls?

eCSFB inbound call issue was on and off, id say 1 out of every 10 calls would be missed. But looks like everything is tuned properly in my area, now I miss maybe 1 out of 50 or 60 calls which is right where I expect it to be on any given carrier.

The only thing worth noting (I don't know if it's changed since I went back to Boston) is that that B41 speeds have kinda tanked. Although Band 25 and Band 26 offer speeds ranging from 6-13Mbps around my house Band 41 which used to give me 40 Mbps+ outside of my house, now barely passes 12Mbps. That's not saying it's bad but Sprint really needs to upgrade backhaul on some of the Clear sites. The only site that hasn't been affected in my area is the site that was consistently giving me 78-81Mbps. That site still operates at about 72Mbps on average.

My B41 speeds have taken a big hit, I no longer hit 35-50mbs at home, its more like 10-25mbs. But that is totally acceptable considering how much burden it has removed from B25 and how flexible B41 is vs B25. 

I honestly never expected to see speeds over 3-5mbs around my area on B25.

Yeah mine is even worst the only LTE available is band 41 in my area. I'm lucky if I pull does speed. I used to get almost 60 down 4011073ec7ca29cd31d1009c26f0da25.jpg

Yeah mine is even worst the only LTE available is band 41 in my area. I'm lucky if I pull does speed. I used to get almost 60 down

Try switching servers in the settings, also, I think Sprint is messing with traffic shaping to keep things consistent. Seems like 5mbs, is there number until backhaul is upgraded.

eCSFB inbound call issue was on and off, id say 1 out of every 10 calls would be missed. But looks like everything is tuned properly in my area, now I miss maybe 1 out of 50 or 60 calls which is right where I expect it to be on any given carrier.

Same here.

well so you all know they did the 3g upgrade to one of my home towers... and these are my speeds I don't understand how they did an update and the speeds remain the same 3g? but as far as the app Im going to download and use the pro ill do it shortly. but as far as 70 80 mbps speeds who really needs those speeds a consistent 10 15 would be sufficient for anything we do now a days. most things download at a max of 3 or 4 mbps anyway no?

Thats exactly what I meant, about your call "experience" that explains why you were dropping calls, they were ripping equipment and testing etc...

Also, keep in mind that once that new site near cooper gets B26 you will probably be within range, as long as you have a Triband device.

If it has the Spark logo while connected to LTE its Triband, if it doesn't skip it.

Also, the app we use to see what site and what band we are connecting to is called Signal Check pro, the dev is also a fellow member. I'd suggest you purchase the pro version (its a bucks) its well worth it since he updates that one more frequently and you will also help support the cause.

post-42753-0-09371100-1422765900_thumb.png

well so you all know they did the 3g upgrade to one of my home towers... and these are my speeds I don't understand how they did an update and the speeds remain the same 3g? but as far as the app Im going to download and use the pro ill do it shortly. but as far as 70 80 mbps speeds who really needs those speeds a consistent 10 15 would be sufficient for anything we do now a days. most things download at a max of 3 or 4 mbps anyway no?

You can have a recently converted legacy tower still have the old, slow backhaul connection. The network vision equipment is now installed. Next comes a backhaul upgrade, albeit fiber or microwave link. You'll then have a 3G site with upgraded backhaul which can give you close to 3mbps if the site is unloaded. Next will come LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 6+

that makes sense. but why equipment upgrade without fiber upgrade?

You can have a recently converted legacy tower still have the old, slow backhaul connection. The network vision equipment is now installed. Next comes a backhaul upgrade, albeit fiber or microwave link. You'll then have a 3G site with upgraded backhaul which can give you close to 3mbps if the site is unloaded. Next will come LTE.

Sent from my iPhone 6+