Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Do you have issues with Voice? -100dBm is considered usable for voice, but at the edge of coverage. Regardless, I highly recommend the Nexus 5, especially with the .15 radio installed. You will freely pickup Band 41 and get crazy speeds! on top of the 1x800.

Lots of calls dropping its frustrating. What is .15 radio?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lots of calls dropping its frustrating. What is .15 radio?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Google upgraded the radio baseband multiple times, and have made it more difficult to latch onto Band 41 to minimize issues with CSFB (more info here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/) But NYC has been mostly fixed, so going back to an older baseband with better band 41 support does wonders!

I Still have no idea how to see if I'm connected to band 26 or 45. I'm using the iPhone 5S

Well I can guarantee you that you're not connected to band 45. :D

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I Still have no idea how to see if I'm connected to band 26 or 45. I'm using the iPhone 5S

*3001#12345#* and press call. If you are connected to LTE click on the serving cell info. It'll tell you the freq band indicator aka what band you are currently on. 

The site that serves the rear of my home got a 3G acceptance and now my signal is improved a lot in half of my house. When I forst moved into my house, both towers were legacy towers. I would have about 1 bar of signal in the middle of my house and 4 out of 6 bars by the windows in the front and back of my house. Now that one tower has 3G, 4G, and 800MHz; and the other has a 3G upgrade I now have all bars on either side of my house and in the middle, I hover between 3 and 4 bars.

I don't know what they're doing but it's working!

• Like 3

How many bars are you getting indoors? i sure hope the iphone 6 is triband. 

I am super stoked!!!! Picked up a LG G2 for my girlfriend! and found out that I can receive Band 41 @ home!!!! speeds were between 20-45 inside my apt! Cant wait for the Nexus 5 update!!!!

Screenshot_2014-03-03-01-40-41.png

I live in the Bronx and im only seeing it 2% of the time. I think my GS3 doesn't like it, every time it connects to 1x800 it jumps of it within seconds.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I still never see 800 on my S3 either.. lte is getting better as they turn on more towers. There are spots in Manhattan where it is unusable though because it is so overloaded (if No neighboring towers are lte also) which is quite annoying.

• Like 2

I still never see 800 on my S3 either.. lte is getting better as they turn on more towers. There are spots in Manhattan where it is unusable though because it is so overloaded (if No neighboring towers are lte also) which is quite annoying.

The only time I see speeds greater than 5 Mbps on my phone these days is if I am under a tower, or in an area where almost all of the sites have been converted.

in my neighborhood the site is so congested when on band 25 I'm actually faster evdo then I am on lte most of the time. Now midtown where I'm literally sitting under a tower at my job performance is awesome!

• Like 2

in my neighborhood the site is so congested when on band 25 I'm actually faster evdo then I am on lte most of the time. Now midtown where I'm literally sitting under a tower at my job performance is awesome!

For a while speeds were faster on 3G than LTE for me. Recently that has changed though. My speeds are about 5Mbps on LTE. At school I'm about 2 blocks from the nearest 4G tower. The highest speeds I get are 4 Mbps with bursts of 9 Mbps.

• Like 2

I have found this to be true in midtown Manhattan during peak times, But in general its nice to see 3G speeds have improved dramatically, not so good for B25. B41 is a beast! 

• Like 2

I even got band 41 on the 1 line uptown at Penn station was about 105dbm on my HTC one max was surprised by that. Pulled about 15mbps before the train arrived.

• Like 2

The only time I see speeds greater than 5 Mbps on my phone these days is if I am under a tower, or in an area where almost all of the sites have been converted.

I didn't mean over 5mbps Lol. I've seen some towers in Manhattan and parts of brooklyn where full bars of LTE cannot even run the speed test app at all lol.

• Like 2

I didn't mean over 5mbps Lol. I've seen some towers in Manhattan and parts of brooklyn where full bars of LTE cannot even run the speed test app at all lol.

Yes!  I called these issues in to Sprint this week and also emailed the executive team.  I received a prompt response that the contractors were to blame.  The representative said that the contractors had enabled LTE at the site to test it, but there was no backhaul hooked up to the site to support LTE yet.  Think of it like your wireless router being turned on without a WAN connection.  You can still connect to the router, but there is no internet.  I asked when will this be rectified and they said by mid-April at the latest for most sites.  It is a major oversight, but hopefully they can correct it soon.

• Like 1

That second tower in the back of my home that I mentioned got 3G upgraded not long ago, just got LTE!

Speeds aren't the best because I'm on a -105 signal, but it is useful. Pulling about 3Mbps in my home. At least I can finally say I have LTE throughout my house.

• Like 2