Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I walked up and down between 9th ave and 7th ave on 42nd street and held a decent connection ranging from -77dBm to -99dBm even indoors at a restaurant. But the second I turned the corner on 7th ave heading north, it was gone.

I think we need to start a new thread highlighting S4GRU users, who can be identified by their faces glued to their phones running speed tests :D

I'll check that tonight on my way home.

• Like 3

It usually stays on 41 but if you are inside a building because band 41 doesnt perform well "in building prenetation". Then for now it will search back for band 25 1900 Mhz but as NV progress band 26 should be the band that we all fall back when 41 is out of reach and not band 25.

in my building never got band 25 now i can connect to band 41only 2 bars but great speed

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think we need to start a new thread highlighting S4GRU users, who can be identified by their faces glued to their phones running speed tests :D

I'll check that tonight on my way home.

My Girlfriend was none too happy me making her look around for a Clear antenna in the cold. But she did go along with it for about 10 seconds... :lol:

How widespread is Band 26 so far?

It is pretty common in the North Wisconsin and Houston markets. Some availability in Kansas and Oregon markets. Some recent sightings in Austin. More details and exact locations in the Premier Sponsor thread.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But she did go along with it for about 10 seconds... :lol:

Are we talking about antenna spotting or something else?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

It usually stays on 41 but if you are inside a building because band 41 doesnt perform well "in building prenetation". Then for now it will search back for band 25 1900 Mhz but as NV progress band 26 should be the band that we all fall back when 41 is out of reach and not band 25.

Band 25 will still be the main Sprint LTE band.

Devices will use Band 41 whenever possible, but as soon as that's gone, they'll fall back to Band 25. Only when Band 25 is out of range (or it's overloaded) will devices fall back to Band 26. 

My Girlfriend was none too happy me making her look around for a Clear antenna in the cold. But she did go along with it for about 10 seconds... :lol:

My fiancee believes that I've lost my mind.

• Like 1

Connected to B41 in cross county mall in yonkers, speeds were between 10-20mb sec. Looks like older backhaul.

there is a clear and sprint site on the roof I believe... I live right by there

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Where are the NYC updates. They've been lacking. A bunch of permits got approved pretty recently so I'm sure we'll see a bunch of 3G upgraded sites soon enough.

I have noticed in my area that there have not been updates for a while. I spoke to a sprint business manager that supposedly sits in on meetings with management and he told me not to expect anymore updates in Long Island until May. 

Should I believe him?

I have noticed in my area that there have not been updates for a while. I spoke to a sprint business manager that supposedly sits in on meetings with management and he told me not to expect anymore updates in Long Island until May. 

Should I believe him?

That's not true. We've seen sites continue to get upgraded throughout the month.

Should I believe him?

I don't understand why you would say that considering you are a Sponsor and can see the maps. LI has gotten updates on a regular basis from the day the first site was installed.

I don't understand why you would say that considering you are a Sponsor and can see the maps. LI has gotten updates on a regular basis from the day the first site was installed.

Very True. There are updates happening every month, but some sites are just sitting on 3g, one for more than a year now. He was probably just trying to give me insight as to why sites are sitting and by the time May rolls around, he hopes it will be 4glte

Very True. There are updates happening every month, but some sites are just sitting on 3g, one for more than a year now. He was probably just trying to give me insight as to why sites are sitting and by the time May rolls around, he hopes it will be 4glte

Whoever is doing backhaul simply hasn't done it yet. That's the most annoying part about Network Vision. I've wtached some sites get both 3G and LTE upgrades in less than a month and then I've seen others have 3G for over a year now and no LTE yet. It's definitely a pain. There are no guarantees but 99% of the sites in NYC and Long Island will have been converted by the end of August.

On another note, I'm encountering many sites that are in testing with LTE. Two in Lower Manhattan in particular had LTE for a few months now, but intermittently. Today, in the Site Acceptance update maps, one of the sites finally got accepted. 

• Like 1

yeah the towers around my house got updated to nv last year in january. And still no lte upgrade

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

yeah the towers around my house got updated to nv last year in january. And still no lte upgrade

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I know that it has been mentioned too many times about backhaul being the main culprit in holding things up. It seems like something that should shift the blame away from sprint onto the backhaul provider, but after a year who is to blame? 

In my area, optimum is the provider. At&t uses them too and every site of theirs has lte with a speed capability of more than 50mbps. 

Most cell sites in my area are on top of buildings that have multiple carriers. So if a roof that has Verizon At&t and Sprint sites, why would optimum put backhaul for one and not the other? It just seems so backward...if Sprint wants to be competitive and gain customers, they should make sure to persist with the backhaul to get out there and just do it. There should be no reason to have 3g sites sit dormant.

I know that it has been mentioned too many times about backhaul being the main culprit in holding things up. It seems like something that should shift the blame away from sprint onto the backhaul provider, but after a year who is to blame? 

In my area, optimum is the provider. At&t uses them too and every site of theirs has lte with a speed capability of more than 50mbps. 

Most cell sites in my area are on top of buildings that have multiple carriers. So if a roof that has Verizon At&t and Sprint sites, why would optimum put backhaul for one and not the other? It just seems so backward...if Sprint wants to be competitive and gain customers, they should make sure to persist with the backhaul to get out there and just do it. There should be no reason to have 3g sites sit dormant.

Those sites have had backhaul for over 2 years now. At that time, Sprint was not provisioning backhaul for any of their sites. Their sites were still using T1's. Additionally multiple things come onto play when setting up backhaul too. You also have to have site access, meaning if it is on private property or on a building, the owner has to Gove permission to access the site. After a year, Sprint should be getting temporary backhaul in place, but sadly they aren't. I can see Sprint taking legal action against many backhaul providers for not getting it in a timeline manner.

All in all, it's a waiting game and the rules that apply to others, don't necessarily apply to Sprint.

Network Vision 3G or Na ? Lml Posted Image

First 3G , then soon LTE yay. My phone has been connect to a distant tower idk where it is tho. The only tower that I could think of that has LTE is the one in Valley Stream but thats pretty far away from my current location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Network Vision 3G or Na ? Lml y6amuvad.jpg

First 3G , then soon LTE yay. My phone has been connect to a distant tower idk where it is tho. The only tower that I could think of that has LTE is the one in Valley Stream but thats pretty far away from my current location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking ping. I was reading a post on HowardForums the other day where a user complained that their VZ 3G speeds were unusable at 1.8mb/s. How the times have changed.