Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Actually, if it's not supported, it's more than likely an Apple restriction. Google supports it just fine on Android, and if they could they would on iOS. Apple likely didn't let them add it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

But if other apps support it, I doubt it's an Apple restriction.

I'm actually surprised this restriction is exclusive to the iPhone, but if it was Google's decision I wouldn't be shocked if the restriction comes to Android as well.

Is that why, when I have full blown LTE and I try to stream a YouTube video the quality should be 720p but instead its crappy 240p pixalated disgustingness?

Because that's how the app is written.

After going out to Long Island yesterday, i have come to the conclusion that Sprint's site spacing at least out into Bay Shore is better than Verizon's. I don't know about other carriers specifically, but Sprint maintained a constant 4-5 bars whereas the my mother's iPhone dropped to 1 bar more than a few times. I also picked up LTE quite a few times and at one point held it while driving on the highway for about 10 minutes.

• Like 1

After going out to Long Island yesterday, i have come to the conclusion that Sprint's site spacing at least out into Bay Shore is better than Verizon's. I don't know about other carriers specifically, but Sprint maintained a constant 4-5 bars whereas the my mother's iPhone dropped to 1 bar more than a few times. I also picked up LTE quite a few times and at one point held it while driving on the highway for about 10 minutes.

Verizon sucks out here. My friend has the Verizon iPhone 5C , she barely gets LTE, she constantly has 1X or 3G & if she has LTE then its 1-2 of un-use-fulness. My 3G is usually faster than her 1-2 LTE. & yet Verizon is supposed to one the best *laugh* yeah right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My old hangouts back in the day.  I still travel out to the Hamptons with no losss of signal  with Sprint. I got LTE signal visiting a friend in Middletown last week. They are expanding coverage for sure. I even get a weak LTE signal in Fishkill where I only got 3g barely. I have friends in Bayshore close to the mall.

• Like 2

Sprint is doing something as I have zero lte data connection even when I am "connected" it won't send the signal to the tower to upload or download my request sync or otherwise I have to drop down to qx 3g right now... Even then last night text were not going out ...

Sprint is doing something as I have zero lte data connection even when I am "connected" it won't send the signal to the tower to upload or download my request sync or otherwise I have to drop down to qx 3g right now... Even then last night text were not going out ...

I have the same problem, and it's been going on the last few weeks. Signal fluctuates from 0-3 bars and disappear here in Throggsneck.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

I have the same problem, and it's been going on the last few weeks. Signal fluctuates from 0-3 bars and disappear.

I've had this problem too. Only when im in heavily populated areas like Times Square sometimes my LTE will just go dead. If Airplane Mode doesn't work, then I try a hard reboot. If that doesn't work then I go to the settings & just turn off LTE. It's no fun to have it if I can't use it.

anyone know if there is any LTE at philly? i will be traveling there first weekend of dec and i cant really check now, my job blocks almost everything

Philly seems to be pretty covered according to Sensorly.

• Like 1

anyone know if there is any LTE at philly? i will be traveling there first weekend of dec and i cant really check now, my job blocks almost everything

What section of Philly are you looking for exactly? I'd also check the Philadelphia market thread for any updates on specific sections, since you're talking about a big area (though admittedly not as big as NYC).

Anyone ever notice that Sprint service just sucks when it's raining. I find that often times when its raining my service just disappears. Speeds just drop -__-

yeah this year is been like that for wimax and lte service disappears when is raining or windy . Yesterday I was at best buy and my phone took almost 20 minutes to load a page on 3g, I was trying to do a price match on the lg g2 for 20 dollars

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I've had this problem too. Only when im in heavily populated areas like Times Square sometimes my LTE will just go dead. If Airplane Mode doesn't work, then I try a hard reboot. If that doesn't work then I go to the settings & just turn off LTE. It's no fun to have it if I can't use it.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its seems to be one specific sector in my neighborhood that I am unable to connect to... It will pick up the LTE but won't send data then it will just drop to 3g I have to airplane cycle to connect to the other tower in my area... Have to call sprint as its been like this since 4 days ago!

• Like 1

Ok I got the g2 but drops 4g and when is connected speed is very slow compared to my wife's s3 . My speed test is 1 gb download and crashes during upload. Anybody has same issues

Just opened a ticket with sprint... I'm the first to aware them of the issue but its not just my phone its my moms and my boyfriends phone as well... They said the latest will be Saturday... So will see what happens...

Happy Black Friday! All phones are on sale if anyone is doing upgrades.

i got two g2 20 dollars each a few days ago, cant beat that

• Like 1

So that site I reported to sprint I think was fixed almost same day...but what is weird and can someone with more knowledge assist me. The site gci PCI and TAC changed completely compared to the tower Id I was connecting too before... Why would that be the case?