Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Had to go to lower manhattan, financial distract. WOOOW! Its Horrible!!! I barely could make a call, I wonder if its the upgrades or just been that bad all this time. The contrast between what you get anywhere further uptown is astounding. 

• Like 1

Had to go to lower manhattan, financial distract. WOOOW! Its Horrible!!! I barely could make a call, I wonder if its the upgrades or just been that bad all this time. The contract between what you get anywhere further uptown is astounding. 

Nope, that's just what it is like there. 

Nope, that's just what it is like there. 

And is that something that will be fixed or will it stay the same? I just signed up with sprint and I am testing it everywhere. I have 14 days to test it, and today was the first day using my phone, the lg g2. I dropped 2 calls in a market that it pretty much upgraded.

• Like 1

And is that something that will be fixed or will it stay the same? I just signed up with sprint and I am testing it everywhere. I have 14 days to test it, and today was the first day using my phone, the lg g2. I dropped 2 calls in a market that it pretty much upgraded.

NYC is not completely upgraded, its about 40-50% complete, there is ways to go, but the LG G2 isnt a bad way to start. Also, keep in mind that the LG G2 will not support sprint spark (Band 41 for speeds over 50/mb sec) till Q1 2014..But NYC is officially spark launched so there is plenty coverage already in place.

• Like 1

Thought u were older. Btw thought u had the 50/25 package. U upgraded to 101/35!!!???

I had 50/8 when that was available and they upgraded me to 101/35 when they did that massive upgrade but I've never gotten the full speed out of it. I have the high speed modem and everything, it just seems to be my router that is the bottleneck.

I had 50/8 when that was available and they upgraded me to 101/35 when they did that massive upgrade but I've never gotten the full speed out of it. I have the high speed modem and everything, it just seems to be my router that is the bottleneck.

I'm on the 101/35 package. I'm actually getting speeds more like 110/35. Any router that has the new AC band should get you full speeds.

After spending a week in st paul MN boy am i happy to be back in NY where i can get a signal and some 4g! geez though my phone was gonna explode from being so hott searching for signals indoors and batter drain was crazy! 4g was strong in mall of america but still felt behind....Had to turn of lte because i kept picking up weak lte. I cant wait for the next one to be announced im holding out for that...Keeping my evo for now

Sandy really left its mark to say the least, its really epic how bad it is..

If we can blame only Sandy... but we can't. Other providers are all fine in the financial district. I lived through Sprint issues for a year here and that's what i've been dealing with everyday at work. Not looking like it's going to get better.

I would say to give it another year... that's when Sprint might be ready for prime time. Not yet however. You will be disappointed if you came from Verizon or AT&T.

I would say to give it another year... that's when Sprint might be ready for prime time. Not yet however. You will be disappointed if you came from Verizon or AT&T.

Thats what makes me nervous. I just came from Verizon and I can count on one hand the amount of dropped calls in the past 12 years. 

I am not worried so much about data speed for now, I just want to know if call and text will be solid in the financial district. Does anyone have any information about that?

Thats what makes me nervous. I just came from Verizon and I can count on one hand the amount of dropped calls in the past 12 years. 

I am not worried so much about data speed for now, I just want to know if call and text will be solid in the financial district. Does anyone have any information about that?

The financial district is a big question mark, after Sandy things have gotten delayed considerably. I was reading some reports that Verizon themselves have had massive issues straightening out there lines that got destroyed. So, I could imagine that new clients like sprint aren't of the highest priority to get up and running. The only reason ATT and Verizon are working,  is because they had previous infrastructure in place, unlike Sprint..If your main place of use is Financial district, it will be a tough go for at least a few months. I have seen 3G acceptances come up and also a couple of LTE sites. So there is light at the end of the tunnel down there, just dont know when you will get to the end of it. But, in most other places, with a triband phone like your LG G2 its pretty decent now! 

• Like 1

I have noticed that in all the areas of the city that have Cablevision (Brooklyn, the bronx) 4G is much farther along. You can literally draw a line in Brooklyn to divide where TimeWarner is and where Cablevision is, and see that all the sites in cablevision areas have 4G. Same deal with the Bronx Being far along. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. 

• Like 1

I have noticed that in all the areas of the city that have Cablevision (Brooklyn, the bronx) 4G is much farther along. You can literally draw a line in Brooklyn to divide where TimeWarner is and where Cablevision is, and see that all the sites in cablevision areas have 4G. Same deal with the Bronx Being far along. Wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I noticed that too :)

That's exactly the reason. Cablevision/Optimum has been very good about getting fiber to the sites whereas Verizon and Time Warner have been lagging. Although TWC is starting to Cath up now

The financial district is a big question mark, after Sandy things have gotten delayed considerably. I was reading some reports that Verizon themselves have had massive issues straightening out there lines that got destroyed. So, I could imagine that new clients like sprint aren't of the highest priority to get up and running. The only reason ATT and Verizon are working,  is because they had previous infrastructure in place, unlike Sprint..If your main place of use is Financial district, it will be a tough go for at least a few months. I have seen 3G acceptances come up and also a couple of LTE sites. So there is light at the end of the tunnel down there, just dont know when you will get to the end of it. But, in most other places, with a triband phone like your LG G2 its pretty decent now! 

I agree with nexgencpu about the wires down here. I know Verizon is still working on laying fiber down here. Instead of just fixing the copper lines that were damaged, they decided that this was the chance to upgrade all the lines to fiber. That's why all of the stores around here that used Verizon Fios don't have service after a year later. Many have switched to Cable providers or other forms of high speed internet.

That definitely slows down the progress sprint has been making down here. My opinion of the area won't be great until end of next year down here. The next 6 months will be bad... meaning dropped calls and text sending slow. That's how it was when I had Sprint service all of this year. But as nexgencpu said, you have a triband phone. And with SPARK in NYC, you will be better off than those with dual band phones.

• Like 1

I agree with nexgencpu about the wires down here. I know Verizon is still working on laying fiber down here. Instead of just fixing the copper lines that were damaged, they decided that this was the chance to upgrade all the lines to fiber. That's why all of the stores around here that used Verizon Fios don't have service after a year later. Many have switched to Cable providers or other forms of high speed internet.

That definitely slows down the progress sprint has been making down here. My opinion of the area won't be great until end of next year down here. The next 6 months will be bad... meaning dropped calls and text sending slow. That's how it was when I had Sprint service all of this year. But as nexgencpu said, you have a triband phone. And with SPARK in NYC, you will be better off than those with dual band phones.

the best way is to have Google voice /groove ip never miss a call and messages to hangouts. Sprint service for me is been really bad, my wife was in LA and las vegas she sent me like 20 pictures messages I only received 3. I got the lg g2 still the same. Thank God for Google/Groove ip I never miss a call again

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

And everyone thinks I am older than I m until they see me in person. I'm 17 and look like I'm in 9th Grade.

Lml , im 16. I've had people tell me I look like im in my early 20s because im so tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found out what was slowing my Optimum internet speeds significantly! It was my router, it has througput limit. It hits 35 Mbps upload but won't go past 50 on the download.

For Christmas I asked my mother for a new gigabit capable router (I'm no ordinary teenager) so I can get my actual speed out of the ISP.

Yup the router makes a big difference. I had 15/5 FiOS then did the upgrade for 50/25 but noticed WiFi couldn't get close to 50 even right next to the router. Since I didn't feel like getting a new router and extender, I used the share internet option on my wired iMac so that at least in my room I had improved WiFi speeds.

3147264371.png 

You have no idea how much this bothers me. My router has a 54Mbps can barely get past 55 on the network. It bothers me so much. My uploads go to 35 but the download can't go to 101. AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!ISGIA['GIRHGKDNGJROG!!!!!!!!!!!! 

But let's try to keep this Network Vision related.