Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

You have no idea how much this bothers me. My router has a 54Mbps can barely get past 55 on the network. It bothers me so much. My uploads go to 35 but the download can't go to 101. AARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!ISGIA['GIRHGKDNGJROG!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Huh? Is this even English or real number math?

AJ

Sorry. It's just I have the 101/35 tier and I only get 55/35 and it makes me so angry! Though I really shouldn't be complaining.

Lmaooo why do you need ur data to be that fast. I have FIOS 50/25 but I get 45-50/35. My school WIFI is 70-80/50 & honestly I can't tell the difference, it all feels the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i made the switch from time warner to fios, best decision ever made in life!

Sadly FiOs dropped he ball and skipped over neighborhoods otherwise they'd be real competition. With cable companies here steadily increasing speed tiers, the appeal of FiOS is steadily lost, though TV quality is supposed to be better, and I don't know now much I believe that.

• Like 1

Though TV quality is supposed to be better, and I don't know now much I believe that.

FIOS has the best everything in my opinion. The The cable service itself is by far the best i've ever had. I had FIOS when I first moved to Long Island & I hated it.

Edited by IsaiahL

Optimum's speeds on average are faster than FiOS and typiclly speeds are above advertised.

Optimum is the best ISP in the tri-state area by a long shot.

What speeds do you get with Optimum. I have the 50/25 for FIOS Plan. I usually average about 45-50/35-45. Verizon wants us to upgrade to FIOS quantum which would be the 75/30 Plan, but theres no point for me & my family. Im the main one who uses up the Wifi anyway with my PS3 gaming lol.

What speeds do you get with Optimum. I have the 50/25 for FIOS Plan. I usually average about 45-50/35-45. Verizon wants us to upgrade to FIOS quantum which would be the 75/30 Plan, but theres no point for me & my family. Im the main one who uses up the Wifi anyway with my PS3 gaming lol.

I currently have the 101/35 tier. Right now I get 55/35 because my router prevents me from getting faster speeds on the downlad. I honestly need the speed for the amount of devices I have con acted to my internet in my home. That includes a new Smart TV starting today, an Xbox 360, a PS3, a Wii, 3 phones and a tablet at any one time. Though my speeds still don't drop below 50Mbps with all of these devices connected. Not to mention FiOS is still spotty, service wise. In NYC, they are still missing tons of neighborhoods.

I currently have the 101/35 tier. Right now I get 55/35 because my router prevents me from getting faster speeds on the downlad. I honestly need the speed for the amount of devices I have con acted to my internet in my home. That includes a new Smart TV starting today, an Xbox 360, a PS3, a Wii, 3 phones and a tablet at any one time. Though my speeds still don't drop below 50Mbps with all of these devices connected. Not to mention FiOS is still spotty, service wise. In NYC, they are still missing tons of neighborhoods.

Very true. I believe Brooklyn as a whole is just getting FIOS. Idky Verizon did their cable like that.

Actually fios is brooklyn is almost non existent.

Where I used to live had FiOS available but I used cable but when I was moving I realized that FiOS is scarce in Brooklyn.

Another benefit of being in cable is that citywide WiFi.

• Like 1

Where I used to live had FiOS available but I used cable but when I was moving I realized that FiOS is scarce in Brooklyn.

Another benefit of being in cable is that citywide WiFi.

That was the only Plus of Time Warner. When I had TW, I had a deactivated iPhone 4 on AT&T (Billing Issues, Their Prices Are Ridiculous) so I used to love being able to use my phone outside.

Took the HTC One Max for a stroll around the Lower East Side yesterday. Connected to one of the sites on Orchard / Allen St. When I got to line of sight (could probably throw a football at the antenna) I was able to get 41 Mbps down. Can't wait for more coverage  :)

Screenshot_2013-12-09-09-33-46.png

• Like 5

I still have a few days to walk away before I am locked into a contract. I recently switched from verizon to sprint, and personally I am doing pretty well with it. But, I have been getting complaints from family members, about calls that do not sound clear and test messages coming in late. 

I know that sprint is redoing everything from the ground up, including ripping out old equipment and replacing it with new. The part that concerns me is that the calls that sound bad are being made from a block away from the sprint site. I saw them redo the entire site, with the new NV cabinets and the whole deal. I know that the phones are connected to this site, but still the call quality is not good. 

Does anyone have any insight into the issue? The late text messages are probably going to be a deal breaker.

I still have a few days to walk away before I am locked into a contract. I recently switched from verizon to sprint, and personally I am doing pretty well with it. But, I have been getting complaints from family members, about calls that do not sound clear and test messages coming in late. 

I know that sprint is redoing everything from the ground up, including ripping out old equipment and replacing it with new. The part that concerns me is that the calls that sound bad are being made from a block away from the sprint site. I saw them redo the entire site, with the new NV cabinets and the whole deal. I know that the phones are connected to this site, but still the call quality is not good. 

Does anyone have any insight into the issue? The late text messages are probably going to be a deal breaker.

I had to deal with sketchy call quality for months, and today, for the first time I noticed a dramatic increase in call quality (first HD call) it was spectacular! So eventually, you will have the same quality in most locations. One thing I would advise, is to make sure you have a tri-band device. Anything else is a waste, and you will not see the benefits of the other frequencies until much much later when the load balances and the usage lowers on the current frequency (1900) But regardless I hope you stick around, cause its going to be a great ride...

• Like 2

I want to stick around. The phone that was experiencing voice calls with bad quality was actually a basic phone, not a smartphone. And the texts coming in late happened when the phones were connected to a tower that had been upgraded already.

I want to stick around. The phone that was experiencing voice calls with bad quality was actually a basic phone, not a smartphone. And the texts coming in late happened when the phones were connected to a tower that had been upgraded already.

Run..... joking...

I'll come back in a year. That's what I would do. Bright future... but not now.