Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I have a poll for everyone. I wasn't going to start a new thread.

If sprint started throttling users let's say after 3gb, how much interest would you actually have in Nv, etc?

I think speed to the point of spark is really useless and actually not beneficial at all if they ever start with slow downs.

Did you know if you downloaded at a full 60mbps for 8-9 minutes, you would already be at 3GB!!!

I know I would go straight over to TMobile. What do u guys think?

• Like 1

I could never switch to T-Mobile. They work great in the city, but their horrible outside of it. Signal drops like a sack of bricks and data is slower than legacy 3G. They can throttle me to 1.5mbps, but lower and I would switch to Verizon.

• Like 1

I could never switch to T-Mobile. They work great in the city, but their horrible outside of it. Signal drops like a sack of bricks and data is slower than legacy 3G. They can throttle me to 1.5mbps, but lower and I would switch to Verizon.

Chances are if the throttle, it would be at 2g speeds. I have the s4 with tmobile right now and the speeds all over ny are amazing. Was also in jersey and most places had lte at 25-30mbps speed. Occasionally it went down in some areas to 4g hspa which still gave me a solid 5mbps.

Chances are if the throttle, it would be at 2g speeds. I have the s4 with tmobile right now and the speeds all over ny are amazing. Was also in jersey and most places had lte at 25-30mbps speed. Occasionally it went down in some areas to 4g hspa which still gave me a solid 5mbps.

T mobile has done a commendable job in marketing and also deploying their LTE in the places they already had HSPA+ support. But, yes, outside of the city its useless for the most part, and indoor performance leaves much to be desired. With NYC already at 35% on B41, and B26 turning on any day sprint will be quite difficult to beat. I dont see T mobile having a fighting chance without a low frequency band.

• Like 2

I have a poll for everyone. I wasn't going to start a new thread.

If sprint started throttling users let's say after 3gb, how much interest would you actually have in Nv, etc?

I think speed to the point of spark is really useless and actually not beneficial at all if they ever start with slow downs.

Did you know if you downloaded at a full 60mbps for 8-9 minutes, you would already be at 3GB!!!

I know I would go straight over to TMobile. What do u guys think?

No real point in discussing something that isn't going to happen.

• Like 2

Well, unlimited, unthrottled is in the contract. However, they do reserve the right to limit video streams to 1Mbps. But only video streams, nothing else. 

Is that why, when I have full blown LTE and I try to stream a YouTube video the quality should be 720p but instead its crappy 240p pixalated disgustingness?

Is that why, when I have full blown LTE and I try to stream a YouTube video the quality should be 720p but instead its crappy 240p pixalated disgustingness?

No, there is no cap on data and there is no throttling, the reason you get low res is that the YouTube app detects you are on the carrier wireless and not wifi, and defaults back to low res. You can still manually enable HD while playing or just force the option for all times.

No, there is no cap on data and there is no throttling, the reason you get low res is that the YouTube app detects you are on the carrier wireless and not wifi, and defaults back to low res. You can still manually enable HD while playing or just force the option for all times.

I have an iPhone , so how do i do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an iPhone , so how do i do that.

You'll notice that a small button with three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of a video's playback controls. Tap this button when playing a video and it will call up three options: video quality

You'll notice that a small button with three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of a video's playback controls. Tap this button when playing a video and it will call up three options: video quality

Yeahh ik bout that , thats only for when on Wi-Fi , Google put restrictions on iOS YouTube app to help with Data usage. I surely would have preferred they give people an option to stream HD over Cellular, rather than restrict us iOS users from the get go.

Edited by IsaiahL

Yeahh ik bout that , thats only for when on Wi-Fi , Google put restrictions on iOS YouTube app to help with Data usage. I surely would have preferred they give people an option to stream HD over Cellular, rather than restrict us iOS users from the get go.

Thats quite amazing, this is one of the many reasons why Im not on any sort of apple device, but from what ive read it looks like its somehow restricted on cellular. People have mentioned an app called Mctube for HD videos on youtube, you might want to give it a try. Oh apple... :zip:

Thats quite amazing, this is one of the many reasons why Im not on any sort of apple device, but from what ive read it looks like its somehow restricted on cellular. People have mentioned an app called Mctube for HD videos on youtube, you might want to give it a try. Oh apple... :zip:

Smh , It's Google not Apple cause I can stream HD on Netflix over LTE lickity split. McTube no longer exist in the App Store, well I didn't find it at least.

Smh , It's Google not Apple cause I can stream HD on Netflix over LTE lickity split. McTube no longer exist in the App Store, well I didn't find it at least.

It's obviously not Google if Google has been able to port nearly all of its system apps flawlessly to iPhone's and Apple hasn't done the same for Android devices.

It's obviously not Google if Google has been able to port nearly all of its system apps flawlessly to iPhone's and Apple hasn't done the same for Android devices.

It is Google, it's their app. When you try to change the quality settings it says "manual quality selection over cellular networks is not supported", that isn't Apple's doing.

Not that HD streaming matters to me, I can't even watch anything on 3G using the app, but the restriction exists. In my experience, the mobile site works way better (on both cellular and wifi), for whatever reason.

• Like 1

It is Google, it's their app. When you try to change the quality settings it says "manual quality selection over cellular networks is not supported", that isn't Apple's doing.

Not that HD streaming matters to me, I can't even watch anything on 3G using the app, but the restriction exists. In my experience, the mobile site works way better (on both cellular and wifi), for whatever reason.

Facts !

Actually, if it's not supported, it's more than likely an Apple restriction. Google supports it just fine on Android, and if they could they would on iOS. Apple likely didn't let them add it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk