Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I'm probably going to buy it off contract from the Play Store. Then get it activated for Sprint.

I'm going to do the same, I don't want to sign another two year contract

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

No use getting the nexus 5 early as Sprint has said the"Nexus 5 by LG is the first Android™ 4.4, KitKat, smartphone capable of using the tri-band Sprint 4G LTE2 network. Sprint Spark is a unique combination of network technologies, spectrum, capacity and tri-band devices designed to bring customers super-high wireless speeds. Nexus 5 will become tri-band enabled with a software update in early 2014."

I will wait until March 2014 since I can upgrade at that time and get some reviews regarding Sprint Spark.Its only going to have limited availablity in NYC at the present time.Thats a good thing-less users who will have a triband phone on network.

• Like 1

No use getting the nexus 5 early as Sprint has said the"Nexus 5 by LG is the first Android™ 4.4, KitKat, smartphone capable of using the tri-band Sprint 4G LTE2 network. Sprint Spark is a unique combination of network technologies, spectrum, capacity and tri-band devices designed to bring customers super-high wireless speeds. Nexus 5 will become tri-band enabled with a software update in early 2014."

I will wait until March 2014 since I can upgrade at that time and get some reviews regarding Sprint Spark.Its only going to have limited availablity in NYC at the present time.Thats a good thing-less users who will have a triband phone on network.

Limited availability haha. Our maps beg to differ.

Sent from my SPH-D710

"Sprint plans to deploy Sprint Spark in about 100 of America’s largest cities during the next three years, with availability today in five markets. Sprint 4G LTE service will be available by mid-2014 to approximately 250 million Americans, and Sprint expects 100 million Americans will have Sprint Spark or 2.5GHz coverage by the end of 2014. The first markets with limited availability are New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tampa and Miami. Nexus 5 by LG is among the first tri-band capable smartphones scheduled for customer availability in early November 2013."

"Sprint plans to deploy Sprint Spark in about 100 of America’s largest cities during the next three years, with availability today in five markets. Sprint 4G LTE service will be available by mid-2014 to approximately 250 million Americans, and Sprint expects 100 million Americans will have Sprint Spark or 2.5GHz coverage by the end of 2014. The first markets with limited availability are New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Tampa and Miami. Nexus 5 by LG is among the first tri-band capable smartphones scheduled for customer availability in early November 2013."

We have maps of the entire TD-LTE / Wimax network along with maps of all Network Vision cell sites in every market. We know exactly who sites are live, which sites have been upgraded, and the exact locations of each cell site.

Sent from my SPH-D710

• Like 3

So how is manhattan set up for coverage for sprint spark-I would really like to take advantage of this triband switching tech-at 34th and madison I cant even connect to 4g unless I force it ##3282#-I want fast 4g LTE now.

• Like 1

So how is manhattan set up for coverage for sprint spark-I would really like to take advantage of this triband switching tech-at 34th and madison I cant even connect to 4g unless I force it ##3282#-I want fast 4g LTE now.

Let's just say it's going to be hard to find a place without TD-LTE 2500. The reason they're saying limited availability is because LTE 800 I s not in widespread service yet. That part is slated to get deployed right now.

Cant advertise increased coverage and building penetration without LTE 800 and CDMA 800 in widespread service.

Sent from my SPH-D710

• Like 1

Let's just say those that bought the iPhone are going to be missing a lot of LTE goodness!

And it sucks, but iOS trumps LTE 2500 for me. After having a severely bogged down 1x/EVDO connection for 2 years, LTE 800/1900 should feel like another world, unless our market ends up like Chicago.

It'd be nice if a software upgrade enabled LTE 2500 on the 5S, but that isn't gonna happen.

I cant believe it!!! Sprint love in a review..

http://www.androidcentral.com/using-galaxy-note-3-and-galaxy-gear-sprint

Haha... I bookmarked this the first moment I read the review. I have noticed my own experience getting a ton better. Even the handoffs between 3g and 4g are getting better.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And it sucks, but iOS trumps LTE 2500 for me. After having a severely bogged down 1x/EVDO connection for 2 years, LTE 800/1900 should feel like another world, unless our market ends up like Chicago.

It'd be nice if a software upgrade enabled LTE 2500 on the 5S, but that isn't gonna happen.

I think there is a slight possibility of it happening. I just read an article about Sprint's 4G LTE Tri-Band , & it said the LG G2 will be getting it's Spark capabilities starting 2014. What that basically should mean is that Sprint or LG is gonna send out an update to the LG G2 enabling Spark capabilities. If im correct then couldn't Sprint ask Apple to do the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there is a slight possibility of it happening. I just read an article about Sprint's 4G LTE Tri-Band , & it said the LG G2 will be getting it's Spark capabilities starting 2014. What that basically should mean is that Sprint or LG is gonna send out an update to the LG G2 enabling Spark capabilities. If im correct then couldn't Sprint ask Apple to do the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, that catn't happen because the iPhone 5c, 5s only have LTE radios for the 800mhz and 1900mhz bands.

I think there is a slight possibility of it happening. I just read an article about Sprint's 4G LTE Tri-Band , & it said the LG G2 will be getting it's Spark capabilities starting 2014. What that basically should mean is that Sprint or LG is gonna send out an update to the LG G2 enabling Spark capabilities. If im correct then couldn't Sprint ask Apple to do the same?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprint's iPhone I believe is already 800Mhz LTE active. Though no one knows for sure. Though, what users are missing out on is LTE on the 2.5/2.6 Ghz spectrum which is supposed to give us those speeds we have been dying for. About 6 Android phones that are soon to be realesed will have the capability to run on all 3 bands.

Additionally, the update might come sooner rather than later. No one knows the date that the update to enable or will come. It could come the next day, the next week, or the next month.

• Like 1

If you want 800 a lot. Take the 1 train uptown. Because there is no signal, the phone scans a lot for 800 and you'll pick it up frequently although it is unusable.

I also roam on Verizon in those stations. I get most of my bars, so it dorsnt matter that I don't have a native signal in the subway for the time being.

• Like 1

Ok my Nexus 5 is in my hands and working, and there was a Wimax tower less than 5 miles away or so...I wonder if I will be able to get the newer signal from that tower in Pelham Bay.....we shall see tomorrow!

I'm pretty sure Sprint is going to send out an update to enable TD-LTE and 800 LTE to be found on the devices. Until then, Sprint plans on releasing a Spark coverage map to let you know where it will be/is available.