Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

What I'm curious is if anyone has a triband phone that uses the more widespread LTE on the clear sites in NY. How their connection is compared to before.

We only have 3 or 4 members that have had access to the LG G2, the only tri-band phone out there right now, and they're not in New York so I think you're going to have to wait a couple more weeks for an answer to your question.

• Like 1

There is one user here in the Bronx (enyce9) with the LG G2, but looks like there are issues with enabling all 3 bands. So its a wait and see approach for now. Hopefully by the time the phone officially launches we will get to at least experience some band 41 on a handset for the first time.

• Like 2

Verizon LTE is live in the 1 train stations. I haven't had a chance to test it elsewhere yet but hear that it's systemwide. Verizon announced their participation after Sprint and this leaves Sprint as the only operator without subway coverage.

I know it's likely a coincidence, but my 3G has improved going into this "launch". DL speeds are generally in the 0.6 to 1.2 Mbps range with pings around 100. Not the greatest, but at least it's functional now.

I hope this speed boost means LTE has arrived in time for my upgrade.

Maybe Sprint is remotely increasing the backhaul on those upgraded sites in order to prepare for the traffic that will be coming with Sprint spark. They are trying to sustain that 50-60 Mbps that they said is the "peak" speed.

• Like 2

Verizon LTE is live in the 1 train stations. I haven't had a chance to test it elsewhere yet but hear that it's systemwide. Verizon announced their participation after Sprint and this leaves Sprint as the only operator without subway coverage.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/25/nyc-subway-wireless-goes-live-in-30-new-stations/

LOL, wow my 3G still crap! 0.14 Why am I being left out :/ But look at the bright side, my signal now ranges around -48 lol. Still I want speed.

--

Chris

Lol I know that feeling. Now a majority of the time I have spectacular 3G AHMAZING .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Lol I know that feeling. Now a majority of the time I have spectacular 3G AHMAZING .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just a bit disappointing I been on this website since about July 2012. I hope that in 2 more years Sprint will become leaders in speed and capacity. It is about time Sprint regains its title as #1 again. Well I am glad your 3G service is amazing.

--

Chris

Maybe Sprint is remotely increasing the backhaul on those upgraded sites in order to prepare for the traffic that will be coming with Sprint spark. They are trying to sustain that 50-60 Mbps that they said is the "peak" speed.

Spark WILL only benefit those with devices that support all 3 of the bands and at present time only a few phones are 3band.

• Like 1

Spark WILL only benefit those with devices that support all 3 of the bands and at present time only a few phones are 3band.

That wasn't my point. My point was that, in order to provide sustained speeds of 50Mbps or greater, they still need to increase backhaul. As a result, if you are on a collocated tower, you might see increased LTE speeds.

Not necessarily, backhaul improvements will be all around.

• Like 2

Finally i saw an alcatel/lucent minivan parked, i hope that means they are ready to upgrade the tower down the block

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I connected to 800Mhz in my home today in Crown Heights. The signal was unusable. It was -125dbm. It dropped almost instantly. The only reason I knew was because of SignalCheck Pro. It made a chiming sound. I saw the 800 and signal strength for a split second before the signal dropped.

• Like 2