Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

i get an average 5 Mbps down at Union Sq, i dont know how to get dbm to show on iphones but i'd only get 1 bar on LTE if that matters...

One dot , lml & you put this (*3001#12345#*) code into the phone app, this will bring you to the engineering screen i think its called that, from there you hold down the lock button until the slide to power off comes *don't turn it off*

Hold the home button down until the screen flashes back to the home screen. If it doesn't work the first time do it again . The dbm will appear where the dots are tap it to make the dots re appear

Sent from my Apple iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You guys remember that LTE I said I got in Elmont. Well i've been getting it more frequently like on a daily basis. The signal is weak, I get 1-2 Dots very unstable. I ran a speed test & the ping was over the 100s download was below 1mbps & upload was non existent lol. I think im connecting to a tower from the next town over or from Queens im not sure tho.

4g has been very slow these past few months especially on the d train line in Brooklyn, around 1 to 2 mbps at most, sometimes I won't even be able to connect to 3g or 4g at all....

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Edited by kwazytazz

4g has been very slow these past few months especially on the d train line in Brooklyn, around 1 to 2 mbps at most, sometimes I won't even be able to connect to 3g or 4g at all.... Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I am guessing they have probably jsut over 55-60% of the NYC market done. When they dill in it should get better

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE
  • Like 1

Guys is this good or bad news?

"Sprint’s no longer interested in bidding on a block of airwaves that would double the capacity of its LTE network. Instead its looking for greener pastures in which to build its future 4G bandwidth."

http://gigaom.com/2013/11/13/sorry-not-interested-sprint-bows-out-of-the-pcs-spectrum-auction/

Guys is this good or bad news?

"Sprint’s no longer interested in bidding on a block of airwaves that would double the capacity of its LTE network. Instead its looking for greener pastures in which to build its future 4G bandwidth."

http://gigaom.com/2013/11/13/sorry-not-interested-sprint-bows-out-of-the-pcs-spectrum-auction/

Not a huge deal. Sprint can still allocate more of it's PCS spectrum to LTE as more people shift from 3G to LTE. Plus with 800 and TD-LTE (Spark), they've got plenty of capacity to go around. 

• Like 3

4g has been very slow these past few months especially on the d train line in Brooklyn, around 1 to 2 mbps at most, sometimes I won't even be able to connect to 3g or 4g at all.... Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

On what parts of the line are you testing. Some parts are underground and other parts are in a trench. Unless you are at ground or above ground level I would not expect stellar service.

On what parts of the line are you testing. Some parts are underground and other parts are in a trench. Unless you are at ground or above ground level I would not expect stellar service.

Tested above ground train stops from fort Hamilton through stillwell ave

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

OMG! I went to the Sprint store on 34th and got to play with the new tri-band devices. I almost died! The One Max is beautiful. The only reason that I was turned off from the Nexus 5 was that there is no TD-LTE support yet.

O was also surprised that the sales rep knew what he was talking about when he spoke about Spark and such. He claimed that the G2, Nexus 5, and One Max were actually selling the best. He said that I can't go wrong with any of the Spark devices.

• Like 1

OMG! I went to the Sprint store on 34th and got to play with the new tri-band devices. I almost died! The One Max is beautiful. The only reason that I was turned off from the Nexus 5 was that there is no TD-LTE support yet.

O was also surprised that the sales rep knew what he was talking about when he spoke about Spark and such. He claimed that the G2, Nexus 5, and One Max were actually selling the best. He said that I can't go wrong with any of the Spark devices.

Surprise, surprise!!! 

http://i.imgur.com/svI6N9Pl.png

• Like 2