Can any of you guys that have more consistent LTE connections comment on LTE and battery life?

My phone is always in LTE/CDMA and I can't say I notice much of a difference in terms of battery drain (most of my drain comes from krappy reception anyways). I used to hear previously that LTE (like all new techs) was a battery hog but not sure if thats the case with these newer devices.

Can any of you guys that have more consistent LTE connections comment on LTE and battery life?

My phone is always in LTE/CDMA and I can't say I notice much of a difference in terms of battery drain (most of my drain comes from krappy reception anyways). I used to hear previously that LTE (like all new techs) was a battery hog but not sure if thats the case with these newer devices.

I leave my devices in LTE mode, whether I'm in LTE markets or not. I don't notice any difference in battery life, except on the GNex and Viper.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I leave my devices in LTE mode, whether I'm in LTE markets or not. I don't notice any difference in battery life, except on the GNex and Viper.

Excellent, thanks.

I take it you have experience with most Android phones on Sprint, which do you prefer?

I'm guessing sprint doesn't have LTE on COW's yet' date=' A few of em popped up here next to the track in Daytona in preparation for the race..[/quote']

Yes they do have lte cows, they used one at the Missouri state fair..I bet they upgraded there Nascar fleet of cows to lte this off season.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Excellent, thanks.

I take it you have experience with most Android phones on Sprint, which do you prefer?

I like the Note 2, the GS3 a lot. I think I would also like the Optimus G, because I have a Nexus 4 and like it a lot. I'm looking forward to the next HTC device, as I am not a fan of the EVO for a few reasons. The Photon Q was a disappointment this year. For value priced phones, the Victory is way better than the Viper.

I like the Note 2, the GS3 a lot. I think I would also like the Optimus G, because I have a Nexus 4 and like it a lot. I'm looking forward to the next HTC device, as I am not a fan of the EVO for a few reasons. The Photon Q was a disappointment this year. For value priced phones, the Victory is way better than the Viper.

Yeah, I am in the process of trying to replace my EVOLTE with a GS3 but it is a PITA trying to find good ones for sale on Craigslist.

Also, if you don't mind me asking what was it that you didn't like about the current EVO?

Also, if you don't mind me asking what was it that you didn't like about the current EVO?

I didn't like the RF Performance. Also, it's been buggy since the JB update and the battery life has really reduced. It's just a weak radio performer in comparison to my other devices.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't see it on here so I'll say it: I found 4G coverage in Oviedo/Geneva (SR 426, near Lockwood Blvd, look up the Little Big Econ State Forest). I was heading to an appointment and as I checked for a message on my phone I saw that there was 4G coverage. I was pretty busy so I couldn't get any tests going but my phone's speed was noticeably faster! Now it's making me itch for that action in Downtown Orlando!

• Like 1

Yes they do have lte cows, they used one at the Missouri state fair..I bet they upgraded there Nascar fleet of cows to lte this off season.

Ill drive by again, I didn't get LTE when I went by yesterday. Would there be any visual indication other than no RRU's?

Maybe they aren't live yet..

I hope they did, I go to at least one race each year. They would need backhaul available though. Some tracks that could be a problem. KY speedway is literally in the middle of no where. Lots of farmland and trees for miles. Not much else. Hope they have MW capability. Hopefully some people here can let us know from Daytona. :fingers:

Took a nap and had a dream that LTE was FINALLY in the Lake Mary area, I wake up look at my phone, and see only 3G, I was a sad panda. However, I hope this may be some sort of vision (i know.. i sounds crazy) that it is coming soon!!!!!!!!

I sure hope LTE coverage shows up soon for Sprint's sake. If not I'm jumping ship. I've decided I'll give Sprint until my contract is up (September) to bring LTE to my area and the surrounding areas. Unlimited 3G doesn't really mean a thing at these speeds.

I sure hope LTE coverage shows up soon for Sprint's sake. If not I'm jumping ship. I've decided I'll give Sprint until my contract is up (September) to bring LTE to my area and the surrounding areas. Unlimited 3G doesn't really mean a thing at these speeds.

I can agree with that. If I did not tether ALOT I'd be switching soon. That and I pay $45/month for unlimited everything (past sprint employee) I have been using my s2 more lately for wimax till LTE comes.. every month my bills ****** up from switching between3 phones and insurance prices lol. But unlimited 3G ain't that great... I'd take 3gb on att, but I pay next to little

Edited by S4GRU
Edited violative content

Yeah, I am in the process of trying to replace my EVOLTE with a GS3 but it is a PITA trying to find good ones for sale on Craigslist.

When I bought my S3, I saw a lot of people wanting to trade for EVOs and vice versa. Kind of odd no one wants to trade now. At the least, you should be able to sell it and buy an S3 with it, or spend a little extra and get a Note 2. Guess depends on what your trying to spend to get a decent one (I've seen them for around $300).

Guys, just spotted work been done in the tower near 417 & turnpike. I saw two men climbing the tower around 8 in the morning. I hope is sprint work because I believe that tower have sprint antennas. Btw I travel around that tower everyday and today is the first time I see people working on it.

Alright guys check this out! Got this LTE speed test on campus yesterday, 1/23/13 between 3:00pm and 3:45pm, and got these results at the North side of UCF campus. I found this connection while walking along Gemini Blvd in front of all of the fraternity houses. Also, I found an LTE signal on McCulloch and Alafaya, which was only a bit faster than when I discovered it before, and also this morning 1/24/13 at about 8:15am, I found LTE next to the North sidewalks exiting Garage A. It's good to see LTE in new areas again.

aBBUhAUQCcAIAUD_.jpg

Edited by XXavierXX
  • Like 1

When I bought my S3, I saw a lot of people wanting to trade for EVOs and vice versa. Kind of odd no one wants to trade now. At the least, you should be able to sell it and buy an S3 with it, or spend a little extra and get a Note 2. Guess depends on what your trying to spend to get a decent one (I've seen them for around $300).

I wish I could find someone wanting to do a straight up trade..

My EVOLTE is rooted so it doesn't have any of the JB issues the stock phones do since there are Sense based ROMs that fixed most of the bugs. That said, I'd love to switch up for an S3 but it looks like even if I were to sell the phone I would get like $175 for it vs people getting a lot more for S3s.

I wish I could find someone wanting to do a straight up trade..

My EVOLTE is rooted so it doesn't have any of the JB issues the stock phones do since there are Sense based ROMs that fixed most of the bugs. That said, I'd love to switch up for an S3 but it looks like even if I were to sell the phone I would get like $175 for it vs people getting a lot more for S3s.

Wow, I thought I saw them going for more just recently. I know S3s were going for $300, I figured the EVO would get $250

Wow, I thought I saw them going for more just recently. I know S3s were going for $300, I figured the EVO would get $250

Yeah it sucks..

My EVOLTE doesn't have many issues thanks to being rooted but I really wanted to shift over to the GS3 doesn't seem like an easy task though without shelling out some dough.

Alright guys check this out! Got this LTE speed test on campus yesterday, 1/23/13 between 3:00pm and 3:45pm, and got these results at the North side of UCF campus. I found this connection while walking along Gemini Blvd in front of all of the fraternity houses. Also, I found an LTE signal on McCulloch and Alafaya, which was only a bit faster than when I discovered it before, and also this morning 1/24/13 at about 8:15am, I found LTE next to the North sidewalks exiting Garage A. It's good to see LTE in new areas again.

aBBUhAUQCcAIAUD_.jpg

That is awesome! It is too bad you cant map it with Sensorly! Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

I'm back in Avalon Park again right this second and I have full bars on 3G with LTE nowhere in sight, but I am switching between 2G and 3G not only here, but everywhere else around town that I am at on a daily basis.

My iphone 5 hasn't been able to connect to lte at all at the Disney areas ( I don't remember the names of the places in Disney exactly but they were on sensorly as lte sites) when they did during New Years... I think they must have turned off the lte for a bit I tired getting lte yesterday (Wednesday) and Monday but no luck at all unfortunately so yea quick update for disney

This is not unusual in new markets. We have seen this before where LTE goes down, sometimes even for upntona week. Orlando has its own LTE core, and they are likely working through things getting it online.

Additionally, there are dozens of sites being worked on. They are not timed to bring you a steady trickle of sites coming online. Each comes online the moment it passes all inspections and is good to go. That makes the timing inconsistent and all over the place.

• Like 2