Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

At the UGA vs FLA game in Jacksonville, everyone at the tailgate had Verizon, ATT, or T-Mobile and they all complained about not being able to use social media because of the service while my iPhone 6s on sprint worked fantastic. Not sayin much here but this was my first time being able to laugh at all my friends with Verizon or ATT while being able to show them how good Sprint is these days. They all needed my phone to check scores or post pictures on social media.

This is always a beautiful thing the few times we are actually able to outshine the competition. I know the area near the landing and around the stadium is solid Clear wire band 41 coverage.

Hi all, been a while since Ive posted.

Anyone have a clue as to why the speeds are horrid here off of Riverside Avenue near the Fuller Warren Bridge in Jacksonville?

Using SignalCheck Pro and Speedtest.

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, fully updated, PRL 55057.

On Automatic Mode, I get B41 or B26, mainly B26. Speeds are .30Mbps down, .70 Mbps up. B26 shows -88 dBm, B41 shows -112 dBm.

On LTE/CDMA mode I get B26. Speeds/Signal are the same as Automatic.

On CDMA mode, I get .80Mbps down, .40Mbps up, -72 dBm.

When I get B41, SignalCheck Pro shows Clearwire B41 (311870). On B26, it shows Sprint B26 (310120).

I sit in an area that is surrounded by windows on 3 walls, so it shouldn't be a signal issue, and SignalCheck Pro shows no issue either.

Edited by jdray

Hi all, been a while since Ive posted.

Anyone have a clue as to why the speeds are horrid here off of Riverside Avenue near the Fuller Warren Bridge in Jacksonville?

It's congestion. Something Sprint has had an issue with in Jax for awhile now. Hopefully they'll roll out more B41 but it isn't looking hopeful in the short term.
  • Like 1

I monitored the signal coming down Blanding Blvd from I-295 until Old Jennings Road.

The signal stayed on B41, but bounced between Sprint and Clearwire.

I had a B41(2) signal at Jefferson Ave and Blanding Blvd. Here are the screenshots from SignalCheck Pro and Speedtest. Pretty impressive speeds at that location.

BTn54kT.jpg

iNPsFk3.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

After patiently waiting. Your wish has finally come true.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thats just a 3rd carrier. My house has had 2xCA since September. Still the only tower in the entire county with band 41 though. Out of over 30 towers.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thats just a 3rd carrier. My house has had 2xCA since September. Still the only tower in the entire county with band 41 though. Out of over 30 towers.

Well hopefully this will be the year Sprint gets aggressive with band 41. The competition is killing it.

Well hopefully this will be the year Sprint gets aggressive with band 41. The competition is killing it.

Yeah they are. Sprint only has a hotspot at this point where they are good but move out of it and the data speeds get really bad. I hope at least a few make it here this year. Even 5 towers combined with HPUE devices will make for a good experience. I'll tell you every site I pass in Orlando that is 8t8r is active with 3xCA and alot has 10×10 b25 also. Whatever happened with that Jacksonville spectrum swap?

Yeah they are. Sprint only has a hotspot at this point where they are good but move out of it and the data speeds get really bad. I hope at least a few make it here this year. Even 5 towers combined with HPUE devices will make for a good experience. I'll tell you every site I pass in Orlando that is 8t8r is active with 3xCA and alot has 10×10 b25 also. Whatever happened with that Jacksonville spectrum swap?

Seems like nothing's going on from an install perspective. Sprint is activating their second carriers on Sprint and Clearwire Band 41 sites slowly.

I've been checking in on the outstanding spectrum swaps and they seem at a standstill per the FCC website. Really frustrating.

I've been checking in on the outstanding spectrum swaps and they seem at a standstill per the FCC website. Really frustrating.

Maybe its because there is about to be a admin change?

Maybe its because there is about to be a admin change?

Eh, this should be more of an administrative change than a political one... so hoping it would avoid that. You never know though.

• Like 1

Eh, this should be more of an administrative change than a political one... so hoping it would avoid that. You never know though.

The swaps were already consummated over the summer via long term leases.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk