Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Sprint not playing today. First site in marion county with b41. My home site is about to launch!!! Wooohooo!! ed6214e97adeaf31d4c7a2c4cd2530d6.jpge9134466a6fb430c7123e1ba90c9d907.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I see it launched with two carriers also. Is CA enabled?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep. But im on a 106 signal. Thats good. Plus its raining really bad so that may be affecting it. Plus its definitely not optimized yet.

• Like 2

Yep. But im on a 106 signal. Thats good. Plus its raining really bad so that may be affecting it. Plus its definitely not optimized yet.

I've been dropping to 3G a lot here lately. I don't know why. Meanwhile my kids T-Mobile lines hold LTE like a champ. Hopefully Sprint NGN help solve some of these issues.

I've been dropping to 3G a lot here lately. I don't know why. Meanwhile my kids T-Mobile lines hold LTE like a champ. Hopefully Sprint NGN help solve some of these issues.

I hope so. In Ocala Sprint has the second highest site density after At&t so im on lte 95% of the time but capacity is so terrible. Band 26 is sub 1 mbps on most sites in daylight and band 25 is only better on rural sites.

• Like 2

Not bad. Just came back from a trip to Panama City Beach, FL. My T-Mobile line had LTE 97% of the time on the way there and Sprint had 60% (Jax to Panama City going on i10.) Sprint's advantage is that T-Mobile had 2% with no signal and Sprint had 0%. The lack of B41 in Panama City was noticeable. Still nice to see some progress occasionally.

Not bad. Just came back from a trip to Panama City Beach, FL. My T-Mobile line had LTE 97% of the time on the way there and Sprint had 60% (Jax to Panama City going on i10.) Sprint's advantage is that T-Mobile had 2% with no signal and Sprint had 0%. The lack of B41 in Panama City was noticeable. Still nice to see some progress occasionally.

Does panama have a single b41 tower yet? Last time I was there it didnt

• Like 1

Last week I drove to Valdosta Georgia. T-Mobile have LTE about 95% of the time and Sprint have LTE maybe 40% of the time. There were some stretches on I-75 that Sprint that was roaming. It's crazy how well band 4 performs with the wide channels.

• Like 1

Last week I drove to Valdosta Georgia. T-Mobile have LTE about 95% of the time and Sprint have LTE maybe 40% of the time. There were some stretches on I-75 that Sprint that was roaming. It's crazy how well band 4 performs with the wide channels.

Thats crazy. T-Mobile works fantastic in Ocala with band 12 and wide band lte on most towers. Even some rural towers have it set up. Sprint needs to step it up. I remember when Sprint had way more lte coverage but out of nowhere they slowed LTE expansion. The manager of the corporate Sprint store here has said defects have been really high this year and the complaint is always no lte, slow lte, and surprisingly no talk and data at the same time. People that have hotspot on there phone notices when a call comes in data drops and if you are doing something important this can be a really bad thing. It happened to me too. I was paying a bill and was double charged because my friend called right when it was processing. VoLTE should happen even if its opt in. Most have been switching too Verizon, Metro and At&t here.

• Like 1

My bad ca is not enabled yet. This was single carrier. Very impressive for that.

My bad ca is not enabled yet. This was single carrier. Very impressive for that.

Glad it's in Jacksonville. I know you have been waiting a long time for it. 

Ocala is far from Jacksonville. Honestly we are much closer to Orlando and I still scratch my head trying to figure out how we are in the Jax market when Orlando is only 1 hour away while Jax is 2 hours away.

Sooooo long. They just turned it back on this morning and im seeing 42 mbps on a single carrier.

Its off again. Been off for 2 days now. They are testing i guess.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Inside my local Walmart this morning coming from my home tower. I cant believe it goes this far in. The only site in the city with lte plus. I would think it would be much slower. Im so used to seeing 0.5mbps inside and out I dont know how to act. ????30fb2841e82d3bf4327d289b21a2e471.jpg

• Like 5

Inside my local Walmart this morning coming from my home tower. I cant believe it goes this far in. The only site in the city with lte plus. I would think it would be much slower. Im so used to seeing 0.5mbps inside and out I dont know how to act. ????30fb2841e82d3bf4327d289b21a2e471.jpg

Must be nice.

• Like 1

Must be nice.

It is. Ocala is spaced very well. Sprint has the second highest site density in the city limits. Its just they need capacity. I have no doubt with 4x4 mimo on the way, 3xCa and a 10x10 b25 on the way that once Sprint gets this to more sites there will be capacity for years.

• Like 1

It is. Ocala is spaced very well. Sprint has the second highest site density in the city limits. Its just they need capacity. I have no doubt with 4x4 mimo on the way, 3xCa and a 10x10 b25 on the way that once Sprint gets this to more sites there will be capacity for years.

Sprint definitely has a plan and the spectrum to turn things around. They just need to execute the plans and complete them. I wish they would come in and add more 8t8r's here in Jacksonville.

Sprint definitely has a plan and the spectrum to turn things around. They just need to execute the plans and complete them. I wish they would come in and add more 8t8r's here in Jacksonville.

The Jax market on a whole needs priority. Orlando and Tampa has enough for now. They should shift those workers up north florida.

• Like 2

The Jax market on a whole needs priority. Orlando and Tampa has enough for now. They should shift those workers up north florida.

The workers can stay in Central Florida to finish replacing the legacy Clear equipment... thanks.  :P

The workers can stay in Central Florida to finish replacing the legacy Clear equipment... thanks. :P

Ive been in Orlando enough times to know that jacksonville needs way more attention. Im on band 41 like 85% of the time im in orlando. Jacksonviile its more like 30-40% of the time. Its a dramatic difference.

• Like 1

Ive been in Orlando enough times to know that jacksonville needs way more attention. Im on band 41 like 85% of the time im in orlando. Jacksonviile its more like 30-40% of the time. Its a dramatic difference.

Yes that sounds accurate. We need more band 41. Also I don't know if this is a device issue or a network issue but I fall back to 3G a lot earlier than I should.

• Like 2

Yes that sounds accurate. We need more band 41. Also I don't know if this is a device issue or a network issue but I fall back to 3G a lot earlier than I should.

It's mainly an issue with eCSFB. Sprint's B26, while can be very usuable at lower levels (-120dBm), it tends to drop off around -115 or so on most devices as the lower signals can result in failed circuit switch to 1x for calls (meaning blocked calls.) Basically, Sprint needs density and VoLTE for LTE to become more useful, especially on B26.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

When do we think Sprint will be able to light up the new 1900Mhz Spectrum they got from the recent swap? That could make a huge impact really quickly with capacity constraints in JAX.

When do we think Sprint will be able to light up the new 1900Mhz Spectrum they got from the recent swap? That could make a huge impact really quickly with capacity constraints in JAX.

No idea, all I do know is it's going to take some coordination with the other carriers as they'll all be swapping spectrum with each other.