Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Just noticed something unusual...looks like at least some of the sites may be getting Ericsson B41 equipment (RRUS 82) in lieu of the standard Nokia equipment.  Is this just a typo on the building permit summary (attached), or is Ericsson gear actually being deployed?

Link to FCC RRUS 82 B41 testing documentation:

https://fccid.io/TA8AKRC161436-1

325 Clark BP Info.tiff

Just noticed something unusual...looks like at least some of the sites may be getting Ericsson B41 equipment (RRUS 82) in lieu of the standard Nokia equipment. Is this just a typo on the building permit summary (attached), or is Ericsson gear actually being deployed?

Maybe this is what I've been seeing lately. Sprint has been installing new panels around town.

Just noticed something unusual...looks like at least some of the sites may be getting Ericsson B41 equipment (RRUS 82) in lieu of the standard Nokia equipment.  Is this just a typo on the building permit summary (attached), or is Ericsson gear actually being deployed?

Interesting. I don't know if its a typo or not, but I could see a scenario where that is possible.

The market is originally Nokia and I know they (Nokia and ALU) are merging. So maybe Sprint has some sense of urgency and want band 41 sooner rather than later.

I believe the ALU/Nokia merger has already closed (the ALU name is no more).  It could be that Sprint wants to keep three vendors (rather than just two) for B41 (Samsung, Nokia/ALU, and Ericsson), just as it did for NV.

http://www.nokia.com/en_int/news/releases/2016/01/14/nokia-celebrates-first-day-of-combined-operations-with-alcatel-lucent

• Like 2

Likely ordered as part of Sprints recent increased CAPEX expenditures on new macro and micro equipment. 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out as Nokia is still the predominant TD-LTE partner for Sprint. 

Likely ordered as part of Sprints recent increased CAPEX expenditures on new macro and micro equipment. 

Will be interesting to see how this plays out as Nokia is still the predominant TD-LTE partner for Sprint.

Tim, any word on 3XCA in Nokia-ALU markets. Seems odd that we haven't seen any live in the wild besides isolated instances.

Tim, any word on 3XCA in Nokia-ALU markets. Seems odd that we haven't seen any live in the wild besides isolated instances.

It's already live in a few areas. Likely spectrum hold up at this point or further software / hardware issues. 

10x10 all over daytona. I was there in October and there was zero. I thought they had non continuous spectrum with the spectrum trade? How did they get a 10x10?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The spectrum swap got then 1895-1900 &1905-1910 which would be adjacent to 1910-1915 G block. 

• Like 3

Sprint is still bad in Ocala. Great coverage but no capacity what so ever on most towers. The only band 41 tower in the whole county with 3xCA being brought to its knees. If the galaxy S8 was out I would be gone. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/f291a79557f167211b8defae031ee861.jpg

Sprint is still bad in Ocala. Great coverage but no capacity what so ever on most towers. The only band 41 tower in the whole county with 3xCA being brought to its knees. If the galaxy S8 was out I would be gone. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170215/f291a79557f167211b8defae031ee861.jpg

Wow. That's terrible. I see why you want to leave.

Wow. That's terrible. I see why you want to leave.

Notice full signal at the top. They have heavily underestimated Ocala as a market and definitely is oversold here. No permits for anything in over 18 months. I check every week. Maybe a 10x10 b25 will appear soon.

Notice full signal at the top. They have heavy underestimated Ocala as a market and definitely is oversold here. Maybe a 10x10 b25 will appear soon.

My thing is that I keep holding on thing that one day Sprint is going to go full speed with band 41 installs. When in fact I don't think that's ever going to happen. I want to go to VZW Unlimited but afraid that after a year or two they start jacking the prices up and ringing users off like they did with the old unlimited plans. I'm actually trying to convince my wife into switching to T-Mobile. I'm just tired of waiting on Sprint to get it together.
  • Like 2

My thing is that I keep holding on thing that one day Sprint is going to go full speed with band 41 installs. When in fact I don't think that's ever going to happen. I want to go to VZW Unlimited but afraid that after a year or two they start jacking the prices up and ringing users off like they did with the old unlimited plans. I'm actually trying to convince my wife into switching to T-Mobile. I'm just tired of waiting on Sprint to get it together.

Ditto Tmobile coverage in Ocala is really underrated, Sprint has suprisingly great coverage and quite a dense network here. Probably the second most dense aside from At&t. Capacity has always been there issue here and still is.

In a year or two you could switch carriers though so its not all bad.

In a year or two you could switch carriers though so its not all bad.

My 2 kids have T-Mobile lines on their grandmother's plan. T-Mobile service here in Jacksonville from what I've experienced using my kids phones has been more reliable and faster than Sprint's. Also T-Mobile has been installing band 12 Nokia RAS gear like crazy here. Everyday I'm seeing at least 2 sites a day being worked on. The only issue is that the tower that serves my home isn't upgraded so T-Mobile devices doesnt get good reception in my house but I have a wifi cell spot so that helps.

My 2 kids have T-Mobile lines on their grandmother's plan. T-Mobile service here in Jacksonville from what I've experienced using my kids phones has been more reliable and faster than Sprint's. Also T-Mobile has been installing band 12 Nokia RAS gear like crazy here. Everyday I'm seeing at least 2 sites a day being worked on. The only issue is that the tower that serves my home isn't upgraded so T-Mobile devices doesnt get good reception in my house but I have a wifi cell spot so that helps.

How's Verizon in Jax?

How's Verizon in Jax?

Last time I had them in 2011 they had great service. I'm sure it's light years ahead of Sprint by now. I switched for like 3 days because I didn't get service inside some of the buildings I was in at work. Verizon didn't work there either. So I switched back to Sprint. I'm no longer in that area but I'm sure Verizon is better.

Last time I had them in 2011 they had great service. I'm sure it's light years ahead of Sprint by now. I switched for like 3 days because I didn't get service inside some of the buildings I was in at work. Verizon didn't work there either. So I switched back to Sprint. I'm no longer in that area but I'm sure Verizon is better.

rootmetrics says Verizon is great there.

key word is "MAJORITY" if Sprint did this it would be alot better.

True. If Sprint band 41 8t8r on majority of their sites. Sprint come be compared to the other 3 carrier's. 1H of 2016 Verizon and T-Mobile were tied in this market. Then 2H 2016 Verizon move out front. The only reason I'm with Sprint is 1 my wife don't want to leave. 2 it's good for the price because we are framily lol. 3 I can always rely on Sprint for voice calls.

True. If Sprint band 41 8t8r on majority of their sites. Sprint come be compared to the other 3 carrier's. 1H of 2016 Verizon and T-Mobile were tied in this market. Then 2H 2016 Verizon move out front. The only reason I'm with Sprint is 1 my wife don't want to leave. 2 it's good for the price because we are framily lol. 3 I can always rely on Sprint for voice calls.

Weird I have the same 3 reasons lol. My fiance thinks its going to be alot of trouble to switch even though she wants too. Sprint has some of the best call reliability in the state and this framily plan is really nice. But man faster speeds in more places, volte, more LTE rural coverage and 10 gb of hotspot would be nice.