Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

That's not true.

I've been to sites where the shelf that Sprint was on could not support any more panels and RRUs so that happens as well.

So tell me how all At&t sites colocated or not can have 12 panels with ruus but Sprint cant even have 6?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

So tell me how all At&t sites colocated or not can have 12 panels with ruus but Sprint cant even have 6?

Better reinforcement, lower to the ground, space magic? 

Better reinforcement, lower to the ground, space magic?

At&t towers are notorious for being near the top of most towers and it usually looks like a clusterf**k so im going with space magic on this one [emoji23]

• Like 1

At&t towers are notorious for being near the top of most towers and it usually looks like a clusterf**k so im going with space magic on this one [emoji23]

Being at the tower top with RRU blasting sometimes way too hard is part of AT&T's strong signal program. Too bad that doesn't always translate to a better user experience. Not all areas benefit from that. In rural, it makes some sense. Suburban and urban? Not so much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Being at the tower top with RRU blasting sometimes way too hard is part of AT&T's strong signal program. Too bad that doesn't always translate to a better user experience. Not all areas benefit from that. In rural, it makes some sense. Suburban and urban? Not so much.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

At least in my city Sprint is usually on the vast majority of sites on the bottom. I would say 60% of colocated sites they are on the bottom here. There snr is also very unstable in most congested areas while At&t and Tmobile is really stable. I assume its because of 4x2 MIMO but there is no real way to know if ericsson has it enabled on Sprint sites here. Good news is im on LTE 95% of the time bad news is its often sub 1mb til late evenings.

And Sprint can't do the same because?

They can do the same but Sprint is trying to cut cost but in the wrong area of the business.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Facepalm

How long can a tower with nokia equipment stand idle until they finally turn it on? 46 days after installation and still not online. Still with sub 1 mb speeds on all sectors.

How long can a tower with nokia equipment stand idle until they finally turn it on? 46 days after installation and still not online. Still with sub 1 mb speeds on all sectors.

I must give it to Sprint they have Jacksonville well covered with LTE. I do think that Sprints scan time and their threshold in which LTE drops needs to be tweaked. Also it's band 41 or die for Sprint.

• Like 1

I must give it to Sprint they have Jacksonville well covered with LTE. I do think that Sprints scan time and their threshold in which LTE drops needs to be tweaked. Also it's band 41 or die for Sprint.

At least until that spectrum swap goes down and we start seeing 10x10 and 15x15 b25 carriers. I think that is there real trump card for any market that can get it.

Dang. 46 days now?

Maybe the equipment installed turned out to be faulty, inspector red taped the site, or they ran out of space magic?????????

Not trying to make excuses for Sprint, but I'm pretty positive they haven't forgotten about the site. The very last Sprint B41 install I saw in my area took two days from the moment the crew arrived to the moment B41 went on the air. Those guys even stayed up there installing the panels with a lightning storm passing through close by. I'm sure Sprint has a good reason for sitting on that site.

Dang. 46 days now?

Maybe the equipment installed turned out to be faulty, inspector red taped the site, or they ran out of space magic?????????

Not trying to make excuses for Sprint, but I'm pretty positive they haven't forgotten about the site. The very last Sprint B41 install I saw in my area took two days from the moment the crew arrived to the moment B41 went on the air. Those guys even stayed up there installing the panels with a lightning storm passing through close by. I'm sure Sprint has a good reason for sitting on that site.

Well okay it was interesting it was April 28th when they started and they finished on the 29th. Then May 5th they came back in the morning and did something that required them to go back up. Its been idle ever since.

Just a little speed test comparisons between AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. (In that exact order from left to right) AT&T is on the iPhone 6, Sprint is the Nexus 6, and T-Mobile is a LG Leon.

I was testing these devices while I was waiting on my food outside a restaurant. All carriers had towers in the area.

b5ef3f9d59a041c2c1642f61227d5eab.jpg265a1720596e93a417a4b45908fc2bed.jpg88dd91522d0c286239c39d1cbe9c2c1b.jpg

• Like 2

Just a little speed test comparisons between AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. (In that exact order from left to right) AT&T is on the iPhone 6, Sprint is the Nexus 6, and T-Mobile is a LG Leon.

I was testing these devices while I was waiting on my food outside a restaurant. All carriers had towers in the area.

All of those speeds are very usable.  I wish all of the carriers were able to provide those type of consistent speeds.  T-Mobile's downlink in some speedtests show that there's some congestion.

All of those speeds are very usable. I wish all of the carriers were able to provide those type of consistent speeds. T-Mobile's downlink in some speedtests show that there's some congestion.

Sprint and ATT speeds were consistent. T-Mobile was all over the place. High low sometimes the download was slower than the upload.

Sprint and ATT speeds were consistent. T-Mobile was all over the place. High low sometimes the download was slower than the upload.

Which parts of Jax are you in?  Sprint is slow as a turd here in Southern Jax, but can be pretty consistent the closer you get to downtown.  It's mainly the suburbs/rural where Sprint is typically sluggish, at least in St Johns/St Augustine.

Which parts of Jax are you in? Sprint is slow as a turd here in Southern Jax, but can be pretty consistent the closer you get to downtown. It's mainly the suburbs/rural where Sprint is typically sluggish, at least in St Johns/St Augustine.

I was at the Publix shopping plaza on Normandy and i295. I should have used my wife's iPhone 6s plus instead of the Nexus 6 because it has CA and the site had two active carriers of band 41.

I was at the Publix shopping plaza on Normandy and i295. I should have used my wife's iPhone 6s plus instead of the Nexus 6 because it has CA and the site had two active carriers of band 41.

What bands where you using for Sprint and At&t?

Yes and before people say that it was before they changed the strategy. These towers mostly came online in the 3rd and 4th quarters of last year well after the strategy shifted in favor of more congested towers.

This is a few days old, but I've been out of the loop over the last week.

You have to keep in mind that equipment acquisitions and site plans are generally approved at least 6 months in advance. So while strategy shifted mid-way through the year, some of the effects of the original strategy continued to be felt through the end of the year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...