Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Looks like Sprint added a new b25/b26 site near the River City Marketplace near the airport. This shopping center has always had capacity problems. I'm happy to see that Sprint is still focusing on their customer experience. Hopefully they will add b41 at some point.

Edit- I don't believe the site is a Sprint site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Looks like Sprint added a new b25/b26 site near the River City Marketplace near the airport. This shopping center has always had capacity problems. I'm happy to see that Sprint is still focusing on their customer experience. Hopefully they will add b41 at some point.

Edit- I don't believe the site is a Sprint site.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The site that I saw seems to be a T-Mobile band 12 site. The site has Ericsson AIR panels only. Some other band 12 sites I've been has 1 band 12 panels and 2 AWS panels.
  • Like 1

The site that I saw seems to be a T-Mobile band 12 site. The site has Ericsson AIR panels only. Some other band 12 sites I've been has 1 band 12 panels and 2 AWS panels.

I think I connected to a B12 site downtown briefly, but it could have been a false-positive (going by SignalCheck Pro). According to Neville, Jax should be lit up sometime in Fall with B12.
  • Like 1

I think I connected to a B12 site downtown briefly, but it could have been a false-positive (going by SignalCheck Pro). According to Neville, Jax should be lit up sometime in Fall with B12.

I don't think it was a false positive. Next time I'm near the site I mentioned I'm going to see if my daughter has a band 12 device and if it will connect. They were definitely Ericsson AIR panels.
  • Like 2

I know I post this every year or twice a year but...... Sprint needs to model every market in Florida at least after the Orlando FL market. Coming down i95 from Daytona Beach on to i4 west. I've held on to band 41 about 80+% of the time. This market is blanketed in multiple band 41 and 25 carriers. Seems like Sprint is focused on major markets which is cool but they need to show the smaller markets some love too.

• Like 2

I know I post this every year or twice a year but...... Sprint needs to model every market in Florida at least after the Orlando FL market. Coming down i95 from Daytona Beach on to i4 west. I've held on to band 41 about 80+% of the time. This market is blanketed in multiple band 41 and 25 carriers. Seems like Sprint is focused on major markets which is cool but they need to show the smaller markets some love too.

Ive seen smaller markets with band 41. I don't know what Sprints game plan is but the Jacksonville/st augustine/Ocala/Gainesville/Tallahassee/Lake City market on a whole is clearly low priority for some reason.
  • Like 2

Ive seen smaller markets with band 41. I don't know what Sprints game plan is but the Jacksonville/st augustine/Ocala/Gainesville/Tallahassee/Lake City market on a whole is clearly low priority for some reason.

It is probably due to funding. We haven't seen much activities in San Diego this entire year too. I can say 30%-40% I am on B41.

• Like 2

It is probably due to funding. We haven't seen much activities in San Diego this entire year too. I can say 30%-40% I am on B41.

Where i live there are still lte holes.....but i have seen some progress

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How come when Tmobile says 231 million people are covered in wideband I have a hard time finding a tower that doesn't have a 15×15 or 20×20 but when Sprint claims 250 markets or 70% of customers I can still go 100 miles and not see any 2.5 equipment? Makes me think they are flat out liars. Tmobile are liars about there coverage too. 312 million? Yeah right.

• Like 2

Looks like Sprint's data speeds went down in this half of testing.

http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2016/2H

It does look like Sprint's call dropped/blocked improved though.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the change in the amount of customers on the network in the area.

EDIT: T-Mobile's call performance went down quite a bit.  Looks like they need B12 to offset these issues. 

According to the sites "Data performance" tab Sprint's download speeds went up from 5.2 to 5.9 not sure why their numbers would go down unless they changed their secret curve.

I first read that to say, "unless they changed their secret sauce." I had to do a double take.

[emoji38]

I must be hungry.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 2

How come when Tmobile says 231 million people are covered in wideband I have a hard time finding a tower that doesn't have a 15×15 or 20×20 but when Sprint claims 250 markets or 70% of customers I can still go 100 miles and not see any 2.5 equipment? Makes me think they are flat out liars. Tmobile are liars about there coverage too. 312 million? Yeah right.

This is a pattern of logic with you -- the "I don't see it, so it must not be true" argument.  That is highly flawed reasoning, and you should stop using it.

AJ

• Like 1

Looks like Sprint's data speeds went down in this half of testing.

http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2016/2H

It does look like Sprint's call dropped/blocked improved though.  Wonder if that has anything to do with the change in the amount of customers on the network in the area.

I highly doubt that you have market share figures for Jacksonville.  But you appear to assume that Sprint has lost a significant number of subs in the market.  Is that because you, your brother Terrell, and your other brother Terrell see it that way?

AJ

There's been quite a few WCS permits posted too, at least for St Johns cty.

http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11607674&PopUp=1

http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11607569&PopUp=1

Note these are AT&T but still interesting, considering a lot of devices don't have support for B66 yet.

There's been quite a few WCS permits posted too, at least for St Johns cty.

http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11607674&PopUp=1

http://webapp.sjcfl.us/Applications/WATSWebX/Permit/BLPermit.aspx?PermitNo=11607569&PopUp=1

Note these are AT&T but still interesting, considering a lot of devices don't have support for B66 yet.

WCS is band 30 for ATT which as been in deployment for quite a while.
  • Like 1

At the UGA vs FLA game in Jacksonville, everyone at the tailgate had Verizon, ATT, or T-Mobile and they all complained about not being able to use social media because of the service while my iPhone 6s on sprint worked fantastic. Not sayin much here but this was my first time being able to laugh at all my friends with Verizon or ATT while being able to show them how good Sprint is these days. They all needed my phone to check scores or post pictures on social media.

• Like 3