Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Verizon and AT&T have performed an upgrade to replace panels on the tower across the street since I asked Sprint about the site in November.

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile will come out with Guns blazing installing band 12 once the purchase goes through.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure T-Mobile will come out with Guns blazing installing band 12 once the purchase goes through.

You still on Sprint?  I still have a Ringplus line for testing but T-Mobile is pretty awesome all around me.  I'm keeping an eye out for the B12 sightings as they pop up.  Expected to be around August.

• Like 1

You still on Sprint? I still have a Ringplus line for testing but T-Mobile is pretty awesome all around me. I'm keeping an eye out for the B12 sightings as they pop up. Expected to be around August.

Yes, I'm still on Sprint my kids have T-Mobile on my mother's account. T-Mobile is pretty good. I had to order a wifi cellspot for them to get service inside my home. I'm thinking about switching if they ever run the 2 unl lines for $50ea again. I don't see that happening though. I ended up getting an AT&T iPhone 6 and iPad mini 3 from work so I do have a backup for when Sprint doesn't work.

• Like 1

Tmobile is very very aggressive with band 4. In Ocala most sites have band 12 but Tmobile does not want you on them. They know that band 4 is the bread and butter. When I am on band 12 it is usually really slow and only slightly better than band 26 in congested areas. I dont have a b12/4 CA phone so it could be better with one. All I know is 20mhz of total spectrum deployed does not fly in 2016.
  • Like 2

According to Sprint's LTE coverage map, it looks like Jacksonville just got a lot more LTE Plus enabled. Anyone else agree with the map coverage? I will probably test a few areas in Southern Jax soon with my Ringplus line.

I doubt that the map is true. I can't really see what band I'm on using SCP since the Marshmallow update. Most of the time I don't have a chance to open up the LTE engineering screen.

Orlando

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Is that just a 2nd 5mhz on b25? speeds looks like just a 2nd b25. Still nice to see it in Orlando though, I plan to go up there again soon. 

Is that just a 2nd 5mhz on b25? speeds looks like just a 2nd b25. Still nice to see it in Orlando though, I plan to go up there again soon.

No that was a 10mhz b25. There are some 2nd 5mhz there too

8755527d12d76d86b02cebc52bfacd1f.jpg

• Like 1

There was a new tower built behind the GATE Gas Station at the Town Center. Does anyone know which carrier or carriers are broadcasting from that site?

There was a new tower built behind the GATE Gas Station at the Town Center. Does anyone know which carrier or carriers are broadcasting from that site?

Is there equipment on it yet? It could probably be easily identified with a picture of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is there equipment on it yet? It could probably be easily identified with a picture of it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It was visible 2 weeks ago. They have since been covered. It's a flagpole site.

It was visible 2 weeks ago. They have since been covered. It's a flagpole site.

I'd see if you can get a look at the basestation and maybe the power meters to find out who it is.

Awesome what device you are using? Also are you connected to a Sprint B41 or Clear wire B41?

I have a Galaxy Note 5 and it was on Sprint B41 equipment. I have yet to see any 2X CA on Clearwire equipment in JAX.
  • Like 1

I have a Galaxy Note 5 and it was on Sprint B41 equipment. I have yet to see any 2X CA on Clearwire equipment in JAX.

I hit 80mbps on a Clearwire B41 site in Orange Park. I don't recall if it was CA or not, though. The Clearwire panels are really bad though. The Sprint (Nokia) ones are a lot better.

EDIT: It was across the street from Hungry Howies. Lol

I hit 80mbps on a Clearwire B41 site in Orange Park. I don't recall if it was CA or not, though. The Clearwire panels are really bad though. The Sprint (Nokia) ones are a lot better.

EDIT: It was across the street from Hungry Howies. Lol

I know that site well and I have never seen 2X CA on it before. It's just an extremely unloaded site I believe.

I know that site well and I have never seen 2X CA on it before. It's just an extremely unloaded site I believe.

This is what I will never understand about Sprint. These sites have B41 that are in the middle of nowhere (Terrell pointed out there was a few cow fields with B41 but areas like town center, The Avenues Mall, and other popular spots tend to be on congested B25/B26.

This is what I will never understand about Sprint. These sites have B41 that are in the middle of nowhere (Terrell pointed out there was a few cow fields with B41 but areas like town center, The Avenues Mall, and other popular spots tend to be on congested B25/B26.

Yes and before people say that it was before they changed the strategy. These towers mostly came online in the 3rd and 4th quarters of last year well after the strategy shifted in favor of more congested towers.

It could also be access issues to the site, or limitations on upgrading the site, etc.

• Like 1

It could also be access issues to the site, or limitations on upgrading the site, etc.

That depends. Its its colocsted with other carriers and they have 40mhz or more then its probably not the case. If it is a Sprint only site then maybe.

That depends. Its its colocsted with other carriers and they have 40mhz or more then its probably not the case. If it is a Sprint only site then maybe.

That's not true.

I've been to sites where the shelf that Sprint was on could not support any more panels and RRUs so that happens as well.