Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

It was a random field test that I ran and I definitely was not expecting to see B41. Everything happened so fast. I didn't get a chance to run a speed test.

I know how that is. I knew the site was there so every time I was in the area I was wanting to see if it was live.

I see. I'll definitely be checking that area whenever I'm there.

Hopefully Sprint add more band 41 sites. I don't think that they are unless a site starts to get overburdened with traffic. Between all the legacy Clearwire sites and 8t8r's I think Sprint pretty much has a lot of the high data traffic areas covered. Except River City Marketplace and the St Johns Town Center from my experience.

Jax and Tampa rootmetrics dropped. Sprint did just as good as the other carriers expect the speed department. This has been the case the last 3 years. http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/tampa-fl/2017/1H http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2017/1H

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Jax and Tampa rootmetrics dropped. Sprint did just as good as the other carriers expect the speed department. This has been the case the last 3 years. http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/tampa-fl/2017/1H http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2017/1H

It's the band 25 and 26 sites that's killing their speed category. When on band 41 sprint is just as fast or faster than the other 3 carriers. Going from band 41 to band 25/26 the speeds drop tremendously.

• Like 1

It's the band 25 and 26 sites that's killing their speed category. When on band 41 sprint is just as fast or faster than the other 3 carriers. Going from band 41 to band 25/26 the speeds drop tremendously.

Yeah you really feel it. Good news is I have seen 2nd b25 carriers in Tampa and we all know at least Jacksonville and Ocala can do a 15x15. Gainesville can do a 10x10. They just need to hop to it. When b25 starts getting more capacity it does happen fast though. Combine that with 4x4 MIMO and b25 should run really great. I wish they had more lowband though.

• Like 1

Connected to B41 again today near the University of Florida. UARFCN 40978.

Ill take a trip to Gainesville tomorrow to investigate. I know the towers of that area well.

• Like 3

That would be great Terrell. I have an iPhone so I can't do much and besides I have nowhere near the knowledge that you guys have. I've only been reading on this site for maybe 2 years now.

That would be great Terrell. I have an iPhone so I can't do much and besides I have nowhere near the knowledge that you guys have. I've only been reading on this site for maybe 2 years now.

You haven't located the tower have you?

Ill take a trip to Gainesville tomorrow to investigate. I know the towers of that area well.

I should have looked closer, but it looks like someone is running 6 sectors at that site. Maybe AT&T?

I should have looked closer, but it looks like someone is running 6 sectors at that site. Maybe AT&T?

At&t always runs 12 antennas. 6 is usually Sprint(if it has nokia b41 equipment) or Verizon.

At&t always runs 12 antennas. 6 is usually Sprint(if it has nokia b41 equipment) or Verizon.

Yes, but you'll see what I'm talking about when you're there. Narrowbeam antennas for what looked like 6 sectors.

• Like 1

Yes, but you'll see what I'm talking about when you're there. Narrowbeam antennas for what looked like 6 sectors.

I have tmobile and AT&T on my ipad too so if I can't identify the panels then I can by signal.

• Like 1

Member from Minnesota is in Jacksonville right now, reporting 10x10 B25 on some sites in the city.

Those will likely be 15x15 within a fews weeks/months. Also they might be 4x2 mimo active.

• Like 1