Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I saw a new tower being constructed behind the Gate gas station on Town Center Parkway and St Johns Bluff near the beltway. Don't know if it'll have Sprint but we will see. 

Edited by Faction
  • Like 1

I saw a new tower being constructed behind the Gate gas station on Town Center Parkway and St Johns Bluff near the beltway

That area needs two or three sites and small cells

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Every PCI in Ocala changed last night on every site. Example my pci numbers for my site was 33, 371, and 202 but not its 324, 325, 326. All sites now have more uniform numbers like this also. What does this mean?

Every PCI in Ocala changed last night on every site. Example my pci numbers for my site was 33, 371, and 202 but not its 324, 325, 326. All sites now have more uniform numbers like this also. What does this mean?

Hopefully it's the mass rollout of band 41 in Florida.

Hopefully it's the mass rollout of band 41 in Florida.

Doesn't look to be anything to do with b41. I was thinking maybe b25×2 is imminent.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So the B25/26 ones are the PCIs that changed? In Samsung markets at least B41 PCIs are always sequential like that, but B25/26 PCIs are random.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

So the B25/26 ones are the PCIs that changed? In Samsung markets at least B41 PCIs are always sequential like that, but B25/26 PCIs are random.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

yes they have. But this is ericsson land here. I wonder what ericsson is up to?

Doesn't look to be anything to do with b41. I was thinking maybe b25×2 is imminent.

Does the site have B41 equipment? Or are you saying every site has switched?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Does the site have B41 equipment? Or are you saying every site has switched?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Im saying every site has switched as far as the Ocala national forest.

Doubt its prep for a second carrier there in Marion County.  Sprint only has 15MHz in A+D and then the standard 10MHz G, 25MHz total PCS.   That is unless 3G traffic is very light and Sprint is aggressive enough to deploy a 3x3 LTE 2nd carrier.  lol

Doubt its prep for a second carrier there in Marion County. Sprint only has 15MHz in A+D and then the standard 10MHz G, 25MHz total PCS. That is unless 3G traffic is very light and Sprint is aggressive enough to deploy a 3x3 LTE 2nd carrier. lol

Then why do think this is? Im thinking its wide spread.

Im saying every site has switched as far as the Ocala national forest.

I know I want to know more about this.

That's very odd. In general, every Ericsson B25/B26 site uses the 169 offset between sectors. I have seen a few change by a couple of numbers here and there as they make adjustments to the antennas alignment during optimization, but I have not seem them completely abandon the normal PCI numbering system and go the the sequential system that Samsung uses.

Are there any sites with B41 nearby that you can check? Perhaps they are aligning the PCIs with the B41 PCIs, which Nokia has been setting with sequential PCIs.

That's very odd. In general, every Ericsson B25/B26 site uses the 169 offset between sectors. I have seen a few change by a couple of numbers here and there as they make adjustments to the antennas alignment during optimization, but I have not seem them completely abandon the normal PCI numbering system and go the the sequential system that Samsung uses.

Are there any sites with B41 nearby that you can check? Perhaps they are aligning the PCIs with the B41 PCIs, which Nokia has been setting with sequential PCIs.

Nope not a single one. The closest band 41 site is in lady lake, Villages. I actually went there today and every site I went to had the new pci set up. I checked my gs7 and note 5 just to make sure. My home site has band 41 equipment that was just set up 3 weeks ago but its still not active yet. And that will be the first band 41 site in all of marion county.

Doubt its prep for a second carrier there in Marion County. Sprint only has 15MHz in A+D and then the standard 10MHz G, 25MHz total PCS. That is unless 3G traffic is very light and Sprint is aggressive enough to deploy a 3x3 LTE 2nd carrier. lol

Maybe it has something to do with Ericsson 4x2 MIMO?

I would say unlikely, but really hard to say. A number of sites in the KC area have the 2 dual-band antennas necessary for 4x2 MIMO now, and the PCIs have not changed, even though 4x2 was confirmed. 

I would say unlikely, but really hard to say. A number of sites in the KC area have the 2 dual-band antennas necessary for 4x2 MIMO now, and the PCIs have not changed, even though 4x2 was confirmed.

I concur. There are many sites in StL with 4x2MIMO and their PCIs haven't changed.

I can check my local area to see if Sprint's LTE looks different on the PCIs. Although I haven't been keeping track of it, do you know Terrell which PCIs were in Jacksonville last time you were there?

No since im not there often i dont keep track of that area. If its anything like 258, 259, 260. Basically only a 1 number difference in value then it has changed.

Yeah, I'm expecting those results too in the Jacksonville market. I'm curious to see how it all scores.

I predict the usual. Win at voice and text and last place for data and speed.

• Like 1

Results are in and its worse than I thought. Sprint didnt get a award and tmobile got all of the awards. They need to get the Jax market back on the ball. I mean the data speeds are terrible compared to everyone else although At&t is hurting. http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2016/1H

• Like 1

Results are in and its worse than I thought. Sprint didnt get a award and tmobile got all of the awards. They need to get the Jax market back on the ball. I mean the data speeds are terrible compared to everyone else although At&t is hurting. http://rootmetrics.com/en-US/rootscore/map/metro/jacksonville-fl/2016/1H

Call performance was really good on their end considering they don't even have band 12 deployed there yet. That is what surprised me.

Sprint has 1.5% blocked calls. That seems very odd.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1