Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Either the map is wrong or nokia failed jacksonville but I think the map is wrong.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Lately I haven't seen any work out of Sprint. We are 4 months into 2016 I have seen no signs of NGN. About 90% of sites broadcasting band 41 is clearwire equipment. There's very few Nokia 88ers in this city. Hopefully Sprint does something soon.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Either the map is wrong or nokia failed jacksonville but I think the map is wrong.

In my area, I only have B41 on one site. I think the map is fairly accurate there. However, the speeds on B25/26 in many areas are sufficient. They could use B41 in a lot more areas.
  • Like 1

Lately I haven't seen any work out of Sprint. We are 4 months into 2016 I have seen no signs of NGN. About 90% of sites broadcasting band 41 is clearwire equipment. There's very few Nokia 88ers in this city. Hopefully Sprint does something soon.

If jacksonville is a launched city this is not good news. Nokia is clearly behind but NGN should fix it. No one knows if NGN has already begun sadly.
  • Like 1

If jacksonville is a launched city this is not good news. Nokia is clearly behind but NGN should fix it. No one knows if NGN has already begun sadly.

I thought I'd never say this but if Sprint doesn't show any progress by the end of this year. I may explore my options. AT&T is installing fiber in my neighborhood so they could be an option. I have a work line with them already. Also T-Mobile doesn't look too shabby my kids T-Mobile lines have LTE more than I do on Sprint but T-Mobile is terrible inside my house.

I thought I'd never say this but if Sprint doesn't show any progress by the end of this year. I may explore my options. AT&T is installing fiber in my neighborhood so they could be an option. I have a work line with them already. Also T-Mobile doesn't look too shabby my kids T-Mobile lines have LTE more than I do on Sprint but T-Mobile is terrible inside my house.

Im in st augustine now and there is no band 41 in site for miles.

Im in st augustine now and there is no band 41 in site for miles.

All of my visits to St Augustine. I had mostly 3G and some LTE.

After being with Sprint for NV 1 and 2...I switched to project Fi. I might end up switching to T-Mobile entirely for a family plan with the wife

All around Jacksonville, T-Mobile is rock solid. I10 not so much outside the city

Sprint hasn't been bad but lots of speed tests at 1mbps while T-Mobile has always been 15+.

Just my experience

• Like 2

Okay so I had LTE at least 80% of the time and I wnet all over st augustine but band 41 coverage is exactly the same it waa 10 months ago. I had band 41 for all of 3 mins the entire time i was there even getting there I never had or seen band 41 towers. Data speeds ranged from mediocre to terrible. Tmobile was much faster and I guess denser becasue even though only band 4 is there I had lte about 85% of the time somehow and speeds where great just like most of northern florida. Where is NGN? There was just to many times my connection would time out and it destroyed my battery life. Never dropped a voice call though so thats good. All in all I was disappointed it seems like there has been little to no progress there in almost a year.

• Like 1

Okay so I had LTE at least 80% of the time and I wnet all over st augustine but band 41 coverage is exactly the same it waa 10 months ago. I had band 41 for all of 3 mins the entire time i was there even getting there I never had or seen band 41 towers. Data speeds ranged from mediocre to terrible. Tmobile was much faster and I guess denser becasue even though only band 4 is there I had lte about 85% of the time somehow and speeds where great just like most of northern florida. Where is NGN? There was just to many times my connection would time out and it destroyed my battery life. Never dropped a voice call though so thats good. All in all I was disappointed it seems like there has been little to no progress there in almost a year.

The RootMetrics results do show that Sprint has degraded, but does a 94 rank really lag that much behind the competition?  I'm sure 1H 2016 will be posted soon, I wonder if Sprint will still be rated above a 90.  I am curious when NGN is starting for us.  We're seeing results nationwide but I do not see anything in Florida (aside from maybe Orlando.)

The RootMetrics results do show that Sprint has degraded, but does a 94 rank really lag that much behind the competition? I'm sure 1H 2016 will be posted soon, I wonder if Sprint will still be rated above a 90. I am curious when NGN is starting for us. We're seeing results nationwide but I do not see anything in Florida (aside from maybe Orlando.)

Orlando, daytona, and tampa areas are really good for Sprint. Cant speak for miami area but northern florida is not good. That 94% is for jacksonville not st augustine plus im talking only about data and sprint was almost twice as slow as At&t and 3-4 times slower than T-Mobile and Verizon but even Jacksonville is nowhere near finished which is a good thing since that means it can improve.

Looks like the site next to Lowes right off 295 and Old St Augustine Rd is about to get LTE B25/B26.  That spot could really use some additional capacity.

It's funny you say that, I just went by there yesterday and still has legacy panels.  According to a Sprint rep on twitter, it was scheduled to be upgraded by Feb of this year. :rolleyes:

Orlando, daytona, and tampa areas are really good for Sprint. Cant speak for miami area but northern florida is not good. That 94% is for jacksonville not st augustine plus im talking only about data and sprint was almost twice as slow as At&t and 3-4 times slower than T-Mobile and Verizon but even Jacksonville is nowhere near finished which is a good thing since that means it can improve.

I think the larger B25 chunks will help a lot since most of the issue anyways is capacity.  They could use better site density but if they do 15x15 B25 on their existing sites, and adjusted B26 for coverage (and let everyone else sit on B25 by default), Jacksonville would probably be set for awhile until B41 gets rolled out.  But as of now, I wouldn't give Jacksonville even an 80 on the chart, but then again, I think data speeds should really count for a majority of the carrier's performance instead of counting the amount of time it takes to send a text.

I think the larger B25 chunks will help a lot since most of the issue anyways is capacity. They could use better site density but if they do 15x15 B25 on their existing sites, and adjusted B26 for coverage (and let everyone else sit on B25 by default), Jacksonville would probably be set for awhile until B41 gets rolled out. But as of now, I wouldn't give Jacksonville even an 80 on the chart, but then again, I think data speeds should really count for a majority of the carrier's performance instead of counting the amount of time it takes to send a text.

I always thought the text part of the testing was irrelevant. 2.2 sec vs 2.4 seconds is pointless but yeah congestion is 90% of Sprints problem. I get lte most of the time but its often slow and unreliable. 3g has gotten better and at times is more reliable and faster than lte.

• Like 1

It's funny you say that, I just went by there yesterday and still has legacy panels. According to a Sprint rep on twitter, it was scheduled to be upgraded by Feb of this year. :rolleyes:

That is a shame. Wonder what the hold up is? Haven't been to that area recently.

That is a shame. Wonder what the hold up is? Haven't been to that area recently.

it could be that nokia maybe stretched thin? or permitting issues there is alot of political red tape and other stuff that can delay it

it could be that nokia maybe stretched thin? or permitting issues there is alot of political red tape and other stuff that can delay it

I wish Duval county was easier to look up cell tower permits on.  There's no way of telling unless you know who submits the permits for Sprint.  Doing a company lookup for 'Sprint', 'Ericcson', or 'Nokia' all prove fruitless.  Next time I am in that area I will check on it.

I wish Duval county was easier to look up cell tower permits on. There's no way of telling unless you know who submits the permits for Sprint. Doing a company lookup for 'Sprint', 'Ericcson', or 'Nokia' all prove fruitless. Next time I am in that area I will check on it.

Marion county is the same way

I wish Duval county was easier to look up cell tower permits on. There's no way of telling unless you know who submits the permits for Sprint. Doing a company lookup for 'Sprint', 'Ericcson', or 'Nokia' all prove fruitless. Next time I am in that area I will check on it.

it's useless here ....

In daytona right now on the beach and i gotta say sprint is pretty damn good over here. One b41 tower went 5 miles before it stopped and there are plenty of them with fantastic speeds even on signle band. No 3rd b41 carrier i looked everywhere

Looks like Central Florida has been getting the love. Meanwhile in Jacksonville I haven't seen any upgrades going on.

No that was in daytona. I dont think thats considered central florida. I can tell you central florida gets no love if your not in orlando.

• Like 1

No that was in daytona. I dont think thats considered central florida. I can tell you central florida gets no love if your not in orlando.

Orlando's service is great so is Daytona. I wonder what's the hold up on the NGN project here in Jax there's definitely some places that can use a band 41 fill in site.

Orlando's service is great so is Daytona. I wonder what's the hold up on the NGN project here in Jax there's definitely some places that can use a band 41 fill in site.

Some places? More like a ton of places hehe

• Like 1