Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

This is the fastest ping I've seen while on 3G! I remember seeing higher pings on AT&T's LTE a few times. Is this attributed to eHRPD using the 4G core or more RUU's... Or... LTE must be coming... :o

This is in Tukwila, WA

ygureza9.jpg

Efficient eHRPD routing+under capacity EVDO carrier+new fiber backhaul+under burdened LTE core = screaming 3G ping.

That's about as good as it can get on 3G. The airlink cannot support anything much faster than that. In ideal situations, the airlink cannot get faster than 50-55ms. And then add the rest of the travel once it gets beyond the tower. Theoretical best ping on 3G would likely be 55-60ms. And that will be extremely uncommon. So you've got a good thing there!

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've visited Lacey a couple more times and uploaded data to Sensorly. The area mapped is getting larger but still appears to be from that single tower. Coverage seems to be expanding along I5 from Centralia to the north too. Hopefully there will be Tumwater coverage soon.

post-336-0-18804200-1362530848_thumb.png

[ATTACH]2589[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

Will you guys in the south stop hogging all of the LTE? Gosh..... Haha I'm glad to see it starting to expand in Washington, now it just needs to start coming up north. I'm jealous of those speeds you all are getting down there.

31mbps. That's 4X faster than my at home wifi. :( wish I had that now.

That is faster than most people's wifi. It's amazing what they are able to push out over these devices. I have Comcast and they are beating me at speeds.

• Like 1

Don't forget, most of outside of the large cities in WA are stuck on CenturyUnlink DSL, anything faster than 0.3 Mbps is faaasssttt to us.

:twitch:

I am so sorry. That would drive me insane. I'm never complaining again, though I would still like to have that speed on my cell phone. I think we all would :tu:

• Like 1

Will you guys in the south stop hogging all of the LTE? Gosh..... Haha I'm glad to see it starting to expand in Washington, now it just needs to start coming up north. I'm jealous of those speeds you all are getting down there.

I work in the Seattle area, live nearly Olympia and sadly I am in the same boat you are when at work or home.

Only time I get LTE right now, is on the weekend when/if I head into Olympia. One lucky thing for me though, is that the current location of LTE there, happens to be where I most frequently go.

It would still be nice at home & work!

Um... Can anyone explain this? Somebody was busy!

Weird, I am not seeing that. Have you tried restarting Sensorly and see if it's still there?

Edited by RP88

Ok I didn't see it when I pull it up on my phone, but I do here http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2906-sprint-lte-coverage-maps-via-sensorly/

Given that it heads north from an air strip I would say someone took their phone with them for a flight. Is there a new tower approved in or near Dupont?

I drove up I5 this morning and did not notice it, tomorrow morning I'll more actively search when I go through there.

Pretty sweet! From the looks of the signal it seems there's more than one tower.

The signal goes really far when you're above the ground clutter. Another site may have gone live today, but as of yesterday there was just one site live in the Olympia/Ft. Lewis area.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

just curious, does sprint tracks 4g usage when they haven't announced yet ?

I used 4g near Fred meyer in lacey for more than an hour or so.. (netflix for at least 30 min and general web browsing for rest)

when I log in to my sprint page, it does not track my usage, i don't think it's added to 3g usage..

any ideas?

The usage isn't updated straight away, sometimes the next day.

i know it doesn't get update right away, but it's been 4 days since I was there...

that's why i was curious about it..

Edited by dhlee528
  • Like 1