drlovety

Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

There's another small blip of purple on the Sensorly map near the tower that is active in Kent, WA. Probably the same tower being picked up by someone around the area.

post-9206-0-04471600-1360204927_thumb.png

Yeah, it was not on last nights acceptance report for that region. So it is likely the same site.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yeah, it was not on last nights acceptance report for that region. So it is likely the same site.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Gotta make sure the country club folk get their LTE.

Though...if that's what they're trying to do, they really need to shift their focus north to Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Gotta make sure the country club folk get their LTE.

Though...if that's what they're trying to do, they really need to shift their focus north to Bellevue/Kirkland/Redmond. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, let's get the Eastside up and running.

I noticed in Federal Way I don't see any eHRPD mentions in the status anymore, just EVDO/RTT.

I did a qucik LTE discovery run around the areas on sensorly. I only found a 4G signal where it showed it strong on the maps, I couldn't authenticate the other spots around that area.

I see the LTE signal of a similar strength of -103 dBm.

Does that mean there is a signal there, just not strong enough to use over EVDO?

LTE signal is now stronger than the eHRPD at my house, but it still won't connect

pune3e8a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LTE signal is now stronger than the eHRPD at my house, but it still won't connect

pune3e8a.jpg

Does it still show LTE when you're not connected to WiFi?

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

Does it still show LTE when you're not connected to WiFi?

Yes it does

Yes it does

Weird. No idea.

Very good 3G in Silverdale. First time I breached 2.35. :)

Going to Seattle today in hopes of seeing LTE. Happy Chinese New Year everyone!!!

• Like 1

Possibly stronger, but not necessarily. Regardless, your Ec/Io and RSRQ readings are not very good. Signal strength matters little if signal quality is poor.

AJ

COME ON SPRINT!!! San Francisco, LA, Portland, and San Diego all have LTE. I had btwn 800 to 1.5 mbps in Seattle Chinatown today. Ok for browsing FB or internet. But Seattle is the only major Pacific City NOT to have LTE!!! WTF! I hate seeing my friends on AT&T and Verizon bragging about 4G on their phones. Still I live in Silverdale and I DARE hope to get 4G before Seattle. That would be awesome. Better do it quick, or ill jump ship!! Plus seeing stupid Verizon advertise about 4G in Silverdale at the Seattle seaport. THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!!! Please hurry up guys. We need 4G in Seattle!

COME ON SPRINT!!! San Francisco, LA, Portland, and San Diego all have LTE. I had btwn 800 to 1.5 mbps in Seattle Chinatown today. Ok for browsing FB or internet. But Seattle is the only major Pacific City NOT to have LTE!!! WTF! I hate seeing my friends on AT&T and Verizon bragging about 4G on their phones. Still I live in Silverdale and I DARE hope to get 4G before Seattle. That would be awesome. Better do it quick, or ill jump ship!! Plus seeing stupid Verizon advertise about 4G in Silverdale at the Seattle seaport. THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVIOUS!!! Please hurry up guys. We need 4G in Seattle!

First, the above is a rant, and S4GRU does not permit rants. See the rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Second, S4GRU is not affiliated with Sprint. Complaining to us does nothing. We cannot speed up or slow down Network Vision deployment. We can only report progress as it is anticipated and as it actually occurs.

Third, take any group of cities and one will always be the last to get something. In the case of Sprint LTE and the West Coast cities you name, Seattle may very well be the last. That is just how the world works sometimes, so get used to it.

AJ

• Like 3

Ok sorry. Wrong blog to post that in. Sorry guys.

I was in incorporated Kent this weekend.

That 4g signal must be that new tower placed there last year.

Did a speed test, max down was 2.4, pings in the hundreds.

The 3g to 4g to 3g signal hand off wasn't transparent, the data connection broke, the 3g was evdo.

So quite a way to go yet.

Here is some work on the towers in Silverdale. Would this be for Sprint? Wondering if you guys knew? No 4G showin up on my SGS3 yet. :/

Here is some work on the towers in Silverdale. Would this be for Sprint? Wondering if you guys knew? No 4G showin up on my SGS3 yet. :/

No way to tell from that photo.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The 2nd West Washington site was accepted yesterday. It's off SR 520 in Redmond, next to the Microsoft campus. Surprise, surprise. Looking for someone on the Eastside to confirm whether it is active now.

Memories. I built a hotel not far from this location. The Hyatt House off Redmond Way. Redmond was a great place to spend a few years.

• Like 2

I may be able to wander down there today or tomorrow

• Like 1

Robert - where is the first accepted site??

Robert - where is the first accepted site??

SE Kent. It's shown on the NV Sites Complete map.

• Like 1

I'm sitting by the site I can't get my phone to connect to LTE, but it does show on Sensorly post-3743-13618408095847_thumb.jpg

This is my reading from standing directly under the tower.post-3743-13618417111979_thumb.jpg

This is the tower.post-3743-13618417702363_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By lilotimz
      Samsung Network Vision equipment are highly distinct and fairly easy to spot compared to the equipment that other vendors are deploying. Sprint is Samsung's first extremely massive American contract (baring Clearwire) so there  should be no issues in confusing these equipment for another carrier which happens often with Ericsson NV equipment.

Below are images of Samsung equipment which includes antennas, remote radio units, base stations, and their mounting configurations. 

Samsung antenna with eSMR 800 RRU & PCS 1900 RRU

A close look at a Samsung setup

Next Generation Samsung Configuration
      RRH-P4 4T4R 1.9 GHz  | RRH-C4 4T4R 800 MHz| RRH-V3 2.5 GHz

Next Generation 8 Port Dual Band Antenna Setup 
      4 port 800 MHz RRH-C4 800

(source: dkyeager)

(source: dkyeager)
      Narrow beam setup

High Capacity Site with 2 Antennas & 3 RRUs (2x PCS & 1x SMR).
      Second antenna is PCS only for now.

Canadian IBEZ (NO SMR)

Special Case PCS Only Setup for Canadian IBEZ

Close up of standard antenna connectors 

Samsung Cabinets

Powerpoint slides from Samsung / Sprint
      *disclaimer - all  powerpoint diagrams and images were found through public municipality online databases and is by no means misappropriated through malicious means*
      *Credit goes to those whom took pictures of these equipment. You know who you are*
    • By pyroscott
      Sprint Nextel revealed their second quarter 2012 corporate earnings in a conference call to their investors today and S4GRU was covering for news on Network Vision.
      Network thinning of the iDEN network is complete, taking 1/3 of Nextel towers off air. The Nextel network was built to support 20 million subscribers, but was only supporting 4.4 million subscribers, so it could easily be thinned without [much] noticeable change in street coverage. Sprint also converted 60% of the Nextel subscriber loss into their Sprint subscriber base. Interestingly, they stated that Verizon has been the biggest poacher of subscribers leaving Nextel, grabbing 50% of former subscribers in the last 4 1/2 years. In that same timeframe, Sprint has grabbed 25%, AT&T 20% and T-Mobile 5%.

On the Network Vision topic:
      4 additional cities will launch, including Baltimore, by the end of August.*Edit* Cities were disclosed VIA press release following the conference call. They are:
      Baltimore, MD Gainesville, GA Manhattan/Junction City, KS Sherman-Denison, TX  
      Over 2,000 sites are currently online with 12,000 sites to be online by the end of the year
      Network Vision towers are seeing 10-20% additional voice minutes usage per tower, overnight after activating Network Vision. This will equal roaming savings for Sprint, and ESMR will only increase that savings.
      CEO Dan Hesse confirmed that Sprint will be releasing the Motorola Photon Q "in the very near future." It will be a QWERTY slider "with robust business and consumer features." It will also be sporting world phone capability.
      Several hundred Network Vision sites are waiting for backhaul, and will turn on when the backhaul is installed, several hundred more sites have birds nesting on them and Sprint won't be able to turn them on until the birds leave, according to the conference call.
      Sprint sold 1.5 million iPhones during the quarter, even though other carriers saw slowing of sales with rumors ramping up that the new iPhone would support LTE. 40% of the iPhone sales were to new customers. They also stated that iPhone customers require less customer support and are expected to churn less than customers on other phones.
      Mr. Hesse confirmed that Sprint is not looking to change plans in the near future.
      Things are looking up for Sprint. This quarter saw their highest ARPU and their lowest churn rate to date. They posted a larger loss than Q1, but beat their revenue goals for Q2. For more detailed financial information, check the source link below.

Source: http://investors.spr...spx?iid=4057219
      http://finance.yahoo...-141200985.html -Thanks to S4GRU sponsor marioc21 for finding this link!
    • By lilotimz
      Here are the Alcatel-Lucent (ALU) Network Vision equipment for Sprint. Their equipment consists of 2x base stations, 6 or 9 Remote Radio Unit (RRU) setups, and 1 standard NV antenna of with connectors on the bottom (4x PCS, 2x SMR). 

Below are images of Alcatel-Lucent equipment. In these images, you will find Alcatel-Lucent base stations, Sprint Network Vision antennas, PCS 1900 & SMR 800 RRUs, and their configurations.
      Alcatel-Lucent 4x40w 25 MHz PCS 1900 B25 RRUs (Panasonic) [old]

Alcatel-Lucent  4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU 

ALU 2x50w B26 800 MHz RRU [KMW Communications]

Older Panasonic Setup [4x40w 25 MHz B25]

Standard Alcatel-Lucent Setup 
      Utilizes 2x50w 800 MHz B26 RRU and 4x45w 1900 MHz B25 RRU and compatible antennas. 

Closer Look at the connectors on the bottom of the antennas

Special Case Mexican IBEZ Setup
      Note the lack of 800 MHz RRUs though the antennas are capable of 800 MHz. 

High Capacity Setup

High Capacity no SMR 800 IBEZ setup

* Credits go to those whom took the images of these equipment. You know who you are."
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • Hey folks, I haven't been around here in a long time. I guess I just got distracted by other things, especially after Sprint 4G LTE became commonly available for me.   Then, in February of 2018, I defected from Sprint to T-Mobile. That move allowed me to get on the "T-Mobile ONE 55+" plan, (yeah, I'm an old geezer) and at the time, grab a limited time offer add-on called "ONE Plus International" that adds a lot of features, but most importantly "UNLIMITED 4G LTE Hotspot" on a phone.   The move was both for the service and price. I was paying Sprint $179 for service on one phone, and one USB 3G modem. The modem was what kept me with Sprint for so long. I bought it in 2007, when mobile data was just starting to catch on in popularity. Everyone else had low data caps and high overage charges at the time, but, Sprint was slow to jump on that bandwagon. They even had an ad campaign at the time, something like: "Use all the data you want, have fun"! I bought the modem outright, and paid $59.99/mo for unlimited 3G data. As an over the road truck driver, at the time, that was the same price I paid Comcast for home Internet, that was hardly home to use. I canceled Comcast, and that USB thing became my only non-phone Internet connection.   The bad part of that was, shortly after I got that deal, Sprint discontinued that plan, and I was stuck. If I made ANY changes to that line/device, I would lose that plan, and have to take whatever offers were current. I couldn't activate any new device on the data account. So I milked that device and plan for just over 11 years, until Feb. 2018. After so long, the device was struggling, and the data was just damn slow.   After my upgrade to T-Mobile, I have my main phone, (currently a OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren edition), an Aristo 2 Plus, used mostly as a hotspot, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10" with unlimited 4G LTE, all for $132.41. About $45 a month less than what I gave Sprint, and I have one extra device, and all with much faster data.   On Sprint, my average speed was usually less than 15/2, on T-Mobile I get over 100 down and around 40 up.   Of course with this arrangement, one day I will find myself in a similar situation, a line stuck on old tech, even though I CAN upgrade my T-Mobile device, the data add-on specifically says "4G LTE data", So I hope that sticks around for a while as 5G becomes a thing. If I make any changes on that line, I will lose that add-on.           Sorry for all the rambling, I just looked at all the stuff I just typed, and can't bring myself to delete all that work. I guess I just got nostalgic when Facebook on Tuesday showed me a memory post from 2013, the pics are below. My first cell phone was a Nextel, that's how I wound up on Sprint, after that merger. It was 7 years ago already, that Sprint shut off Nextel. Now, Sprint is about to be shut off by T-Mobile. Everything changes. You can't see the date on the pic with "NO SIGNAL", those old Nextel phones didn't even have a proper clock, it just displayed what the network sent it, so, no signal, no clock. How far we have come.   Anyway, I guess with the merger, I'm back in the family, so here I am looking to learn about a new rollout, this time 5G on 2.5 GHz, specifically in the West Michigan area.   Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk      
    • https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/01/dish-closes-boost-mobile-purchase-following-t-mobile-sprint-merger/   This deal should help free up some more capital for New T-Mobile now that Boost and Virgin Mobile are officially in Dish’s hands.     Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Okay, I have now ordered the A71 to replace my G7 based on your assurance.
    • I did not know how long it took to go from dev to public but i have the dev profile on this phone and public profile on my ipad, and of course i expect my phone will get the next update and there are a few minor glitches which i have submitted so hope to see them addressed...mostly app weirdness as I expect some apps will have to get some updates to work properly with ios 14+