Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

The first Olympia area LTE site was accepted near Lacey off I-5 yesterday. It is shown on the Sponsor maps.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thanks for the update!

Purple dot by Olympia Airport.

4G IS LIVE IN OLYMPIA!!!!! (In some places. Lol.)

WOW nice!

too bad I live live near Hawk Prairies...

Edited by dhlee528

No not yet. Can I get the link.

It's in the Sponsor section. For some reason I thought you were a Sponsor. Sorry to be a tease like that.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Tho it says I need a passcode to go into that forum. What's the code? Why is there a code?

It's a Sponsor forum, only open to S4GRU Sponsors. For more info about S4GRU Sponsorship: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The Centralia site showed up on the acceptance report today. Good stuff.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I read on this forum yesterdat that Olympia has been accepted so I let Sensorly map my trip in to work. When I got out of the car Sensorly indicated 60 4G points. This morning I looked at my trip the Sensorly site and it shows a lighter purple shade - close to downtown just south of I-5 where Eastside St becomes 22nd Ave. Will try to map some more over the next few days.

Also, at home in East Olympia, 3G speeds have increased lately. I mostly get between 1m and 1.8m download. Just ran a test using Speed Test and got 136 ping, 1348 d/l, 763 u/l. Ran the test again with Sensorly's test and got 1.17 d/l and .66 u/l. Downtown speeds are slow though.

I was at Sprint store near North Thurston High school

I got LTE there, and did speed test

I took screen shot at my home so.. it says 3g..

jkX7qiD.png

Edited by dhlee528
  • Like 1

I'm north of Seattle, in Lake Forest Park. I haven't seen any LTE yet but I have seen some improvements in 3g. I got a d/l of 2mbps today. I know someone who works on cell towers and he's been working on sites up here and in Oregon. I'm glad to see things finally starting to happen.

• Like 1

I read that there was a signal near Olympia airport so I took about a 3 mile detour to get to work this morning so that I could map it via Sensorly. Unfortunately there were no signals to be found. But - at lunch time I had to go to the Wells Fargo branch on Sleater-Kinney and Pacific. When I got out I thought I'd check and right away I saw my first 4G icon light up. Ran a bunch of tests with Sensorly and Speed Test & the fastest was 63 ping 8734 down, 4432 up. CDMA Field Test told me the tower is located close to St Martin's University (BSID 601). Also tried Open Signal but it locks up right away (need to get an update I think). I turned Sensorly on for the drive back to work and created a nice deep purple route for about 3 miles back towards downtown before it went back to 3G about 1/2 mile from downtown. Will try some more mapping over the weekend.

jkX7qiD.png

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! That is some awesome fast Internet!! :D Can't wait to get those speeds in Silverdale. And also to shut up my roommate about his stupid Verizon 4G. [TRULY UNLIMITED 4G LTE DATA!!!]

• Like 1

jkX7qiD.png

It says LTE in the speed test. So it was connected to LTE during testing, but 3G when the screen shot was taken.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

Got it today, posting this on 4G at the old Kmart across from the Sprint store @ Sleater-Kinney & Marvin Rd.

Ran a few speeds tests resulted (in the order taken):

26.19 / 5.12

25.68 / 9.41

6.23 / 4.17

Hmm just noticed my post above, that should have been Sleater-Kinney & Martin Way... not Marvin Rd.

lol, I'm allowed a mistake or two as I was also teaching my boys how to drive ;)

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE exclusively from Sprint.

This is the fastest ping I've seen while on 3G! I remember seeing higher pings on AT&T's LTE a few times. Is this attributed to eHRPD using the 4G core or more RUU's... Or... LTE must be coming... :o

This is in Tukwila, WA

ygureza9.jpg

Edited by fuunkychicken
  • Like 1