Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

It was on WiFi when he took the screen shot. Look at the Network type: eHRPD.

Thanks, I was just about to say that. If you look at the network like Dkoellerwx said you can see it was 3G when I ran the test. EvdoA to be exact.

Edited by JThorson

I was out for a run yesterday up in the zip code area of 98058 around Lake desire and noticed I had 4g. This is the first I have seen this in our area. Did a speed test and had 15 down and 5 up.

run on speedtest.net

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Seattle, WA

Download: 15577 kbps

Upload: 5353 kbps

Ping: 65 ms

Latitude: 47.44453

Longitude: -122.11169

Edited by walkertexas

My wife works in top floor of convention center in Seattle and she tole me that she got a 4g connection for few seconds. This happened Wednesday last week. FYI

What do you mean your wife? That's my girlfriend!
  • Like 2

I got a pretty good LTE signal on the ferry ride from Fauntleroy in West Seattle to Vashon Island this morning. The speeds and quality diminished the closer we got to Vashon, but speeds were very good just offshore from the Fauntleroy dock. I took this screenshot of my LTE Engineering screen, if it helps identify the tower. I suppose it's the tower in Burien. Mapped on Sensorly.

2013-03-16 11.25.47.png

I think I can definitely report that this is the Burien site that I'm seeing from the north end ferry dock on Vashon Island. This morning, I had a solid 4G signal until a ferry boat landed, blocking a direct line of sight to Burien, at which point the 4G signal dropped and 3G signal returned. When that boat left and the line of sight returned, so did the 4G signal. The distance appears to be slightly over six miles, as the crow flies.

Well white center has 4g now

I see on the Sensorly map that the City of Seattle has purple areas extending barely across the city limits, both in Lake City and White Center. It's good to see the purple swatches growing...

The weather in Olympia has been rainy most of the week and I've not been motivated to look for signals. A few days ago I mapped a trip from home and when I got to my destination, Sensorly indicated 20 LTE points so I uploaded it. To my surprise, the map showed this was really close to my house which is about 6 miles from the LTE tower in Lacey. I've since found that I can get a weak signal from my house. Nothing inside, but if I run LTE discovery from my back or front doors it finds LTE. when I run a speed test, it often bombs out when trying the upload part though. attached are a couple of screen shots. Any comments from the experts about the signal strength or other info from these? I can't wait for a closer tower to become active.

post-336-0-72575400-1364070599_thumb.png

[ATTACH]2822[/ATTACH]

post-336-0-47297000-1364070606_thumb.png

[ATTACH]2823[/ATTACH]

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Forum Runner

Sorry new user here. While at my job in Downtown Seattle I was up on our roof 50 stories up and to my surprise got a pretty decent LTE Signal. I loaded up sensorly and got a couple points but was limited to just walking on the roof. My building is on the corner of 4th and Madison across from the public library. Anyway got a couple points on sensorly and ran a couple speed tests but this was only with like 2-3 bars and Speedtest.net app was with no bars. Signal strength dropped like a rock randomly but it still stayed connected for a good 15 minutes till I was bored and got down from the roof and no signal inside the building sadly. Looks promising.

post-12707-0-43209900-1364085996_thumb.png

post-12707-0-46493100-1364085994_thumb.png

post-12707-0-52292000-1364085997_thumb.png

• Like 1

Yeah it was really strange I usually never get a 3G signal up there but went up yesterday to check on something and pulled my phone out and it said 4G. I'll try again later today to see if the signal is back and try to get a better idea of what direction it is coming from.

I wonder if you were connected to a site being worked on as your phone didn't have EVDO.

Rawberrie could not be connected to EV-DO because his handset was connected to LTE. Most devices that support SVDO, including the Galaxy S3, put LTE and EV-DO on the same radio path, hence cannot run both simultaneously.

AJ

• Like 1

Thanks AJ for clearing that up I found it really odd at first but your explanation makes perfect sense. My Sensorly finally updated so there should be 3 purple circles smack dab in the middle of Seattle but don't come rushing out trying to map it because once I hit our 40th floor the signal drops beyond the threshold for at least my phone to connect to it no matter what I tried so I don't know. I walked around a couple blocks trying to make my phone connect to it on ground level with no luck.

th_Screenshot_2013-03-24-14-27-02_zps5028a73e.png

Noticed those yesterday after you posted about it. But they only showed on one zoom level, real close like 2 or 3 in from max zoom. Appears to be visible on three levels now.