NEW SPRINT COVERAGE MAPS WITH LTE COMING SOON!

That is not possible, due to the physics of RF, you are going to have stronger signals at the source and weaker signals at the edges. Then you have to consider are you inside or outside, what is the building made out of, how many barriers do you have to get through, etc. I know that when I'm in the lower floors of my building, my signal is shit, its just a given.

As for the coverage maps, they are crap. I would like to see someone like Google attach cell receptors for each of the major carriers to their rover cars and create a nationwide, accurate coverage map.

I remember downloading a couple apps before that would record your signal strength and report back to the site which would build maps on their website. Sensorly perhaps?

I remember downloading a couple apps before that would record your signal strength and report back to the site which would build maps on their website. Sensorly perhaps?

I've used that on and off, but it would kill the battery on my OG EVO...

I've used that on and off, but it would kill the battery on my OG EVO...

Me too, I used it enough to give them a good coverage map of the places I normally travel and deleted it. They have decent maps on their website. Not as detailed as Sprint's map though.

I forget the other one I tried, but it didn't like rooted phones and may not have counted the data collected by a rooted phone. I figured why kill my battery for them when they won't even use the data. For dumb.

• Like 1

You can right click on the image in the coverage map, select copy image location. Then paste the harvested URL in the browser. You can then modify the query string for a larger image, change the resolution, change the GPS coords, etc.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Or use the utility I wrote this morning http://srv.so/sprint/

• Like 3

Holy crap you're so right. In my area the Sprint coverage maps are so far off! I remember their WiMax map showing coverage in my area only outside and it's not true unless you are just about line sight to the tower. Also my friends house is supposedly in the range of WiMax in his house but no go there either. Also the 3G maps are way off as it says my house I should get best signal, yet in my house I get 1 bar and even standing outside I only get 3! I wish there was a site that would have true coverage maps. :( I would rather get 3MB/sec UP/DOWN EVERYWHERE then 30+MB/sec down here and then none over there. I mean I'm only getting 200Kbps now on Sprint 3G in most spots but it has large coverage gaps in which my phone just returns no connection found even-though it says I have a connection. Does anyone else feel that way? I would rather get the same coverage EVERYWHERE, in an elevator, basement, etc and I would sacrifice speed to get it.

I just donated to see if I have to put up with this same crap for much longer. Sprint maps say I get 4G "on street" at my home...I don't even get 3G, in fact, in need the Airvana to even make a call or send a text. Without WIFI, I'd be switched to VZW by now unlimited be damned. I can barely get Sprint signals at my kids' schools let alone the 4G that's currently claimed. unfortunately, i live in an LTE dead zone for VZW as well it seems...not an issue at home with WIFI, but VZW LTE is all over where I live and work and spend 90% of my time and damn it's fast (at least on my friend's iPad2).

...but VZW LTE is all over where I live and work and spend 90% of my time and damn it's fast (at least on my friend's iPad2).

iPad 2? The second-gen iPad only supports EvDO. The third-gen iPad does have LTE OTOH and, I gotta tell ya, LTE speeds on it are niiiiiice.

My bad...it was the iPad3 new iPad or whatever those evil bastards are calling it these days. it was a stunning display and the VZW speed was cookin.

First time I've seen this Sprint LTE map:

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/18/98369/

Says LTE in June in most of the initial Markets.

Its an old map from a WSJ article from last March or April. Its very out of date. And Sprint never said June, they said Mid 2012. I heard a rumor today that the first launches are now slated for Mid July. Not the end of June. But I haven't confirmed this rumor yet.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Its an old map from a WSJ article from last March or April. Its very out of date. And Sprint never said June, they said Mid 2012. I heard a rumor today that the first launches are now slated for Mid July. Not the end of June. But I haven't confirmed this rumor yet.

Good to know, thanks!

• Like 1

I found the root metrics application to be better than the Sensorly one. It runs in the foreground only, so you always know when its running. The Sensorly one morphed into being not user friendly.

The coverage maps on Sprints (and others of course) are vague and confusing on purpose. Different shades of green, for roaming and non-roaming. They should use colours such as shades of green for Sprint signals and any other colour under the rainbow for roaming, any other colour.

Sprint's are quite accurate though, a lot more than the other cell phone companies.

I was in a Best Buy over the weekend and the Mobile Manager told me that he has been advised by his Sprint reps to start telling customers that in September, LTE will be live in Jacksonville, FL.. Prior to this, they were showing me the HTC EVO LTE with no dates... Of course, I may have to take what this guy said with a grain of salt since he also said that the EVO 4G LTE had WIMAX along with LTE... uggggh.. so we'll see.. I also noticed that my phone ( EVO Shift) was on sale to new customers for $1...

D

I was in a Best Buy over the weekend and the Mobile Manager told me that he has been advised by his Sprint reps to start telling customers that in September, LTE will be live in Jacksonville, FL.. Prior to this, they were showing me the HTC EVO LTE with no dates... Of course, I may have to take what this guy said with a grain of salt since he also said that the EVO 4G LTE had WIMAX along with LTE... uggggh.. so we'll see.. I also noticed that my phone ( EVO Shift) was on sale to new customers for $1...

D

This isn't far off from projections now. The market won't be complete then, but if Sprint discontinues their blocking of LTE connections, there will be live sites in the JAX market then. We will have a Jacksonville update article soon. Stay tuned.

Robert

• Like 1

This isn't far off from projections now. The market won't be complete then, but if Sprint discontinues their blocking of LTE connections, there will be live sites in the JAX market then. We will have a Jacksonville update article soon. Stay tuned.

Robert

Since Jacksonville was one of the early WIMAX markets as well, that's good news... What about Charlotte, my other hometown??? I have through August to get the maximum Buyback price on my Shift from BB... then I'll get a little less...

Since Jacksonville was one of the early WIMAX markets as well, that's good news... What about Charlotte, my other hometown??? I have through August to get the maximum Buyback price on my Shift from BB... then I'll get a little less...

We also will have a Charlotte article soon. In general, you hang out in good areas for Sprint LTE this year.

Robert

• Like 1

Robert

Can't wait for the JAX update. I was talking to several contractors today that are building out a couple AT&T sites and they said they are slated to start doing Sprint builds in the next month or two.

• Like 1

I can't wait for Jacksonville to launch so I can get a taste of LTE on my evo. 3g haven't been too bad lately with the band aid fixes. I don't miss Wimax at all.

I wish that sprint would make their coverage map larger in size on their website.

Edited by tybo31316

I can't wait for Jacksonville to launch so I can get a taste of LTE on my evo. 3g haven't been too bad lately with the band aid fixes. I don't miss Wimax at all.

I wish that sprint would make their coverage map larger in size on their website.

m8Unk.gif does this work :P

• Like 2

Hi,

I am actually new as a member, but I've been visiting this website for a while now. Thought I might post this as I think it's useful information. The Sprint coverage map has been updated to include LTE information, it doesn't really say anything as of yet. But maybe it'll be updated again once the LTE markets start going live.

http://coverage.spri...TNAV=ATG:FT:Cov

-Luis

P.S. Forgot to mention, just go under the Data tab and it'll say "Sprint 4G LTE"

Edited by pyroscott
Merged topic with existing thread of similar subject

Thank you for posting but there is thread about this already.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1231-new-sprint-coverage-maps-with-lte-coming-soon/

• Like 1