NEW SPRINT COVERAGE MAPS WITH LTE COMING SOON!

Yeah I saw that too. Didn't find anything else different on it though.

No coverages yet shown. But this is a good first step.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Sprint has announced their estimated 4G LTE Speeds with their average download speeds at 6 - 8 Mbps and peak download speeds at 25 Mbps.

Source: http://shop2.sprint....html#tab_speeds

interesting tidbit

1Peak speeds may not apply to all markets. Actual speeds may vary.

So they may be deploying 3x3 in places?

Sprint has announced their estimated 4G LTE Speeds with their average download speeds at 6 - 8 Mbps and peak download speeds at 25 Mbps.

Source: http://shop2.sprint....html#tab_speeds

Lol, I love how they say 3G speeds are average of "600 Kbps - 1.4 Mbps" as in my area I have never gotten higher than 20-300 Kbps for average and my peak has been 600 Kbps! I have a 35MB/down & 8MB/up home connection attached to a 3G Airave and my "Peak" 3G speeds using my super-fast connection are like 1.2 Mbps over my Airave! If I ever got Peak download speeds of "3.1 Mbps" I would fall off my chair or crash my car, lol!

Lol, I love how they say 3G speeds are average of "600 Kbps - 1.4 Mbps" as in my area I have never gotten higher than 20-300 Kbps for average and my peak has been 600 Kbps! I have a 35MB/down & 8MB/up home connection attached to a 3G Airave and my "Peak" 3G speeds using my super-fast connection are like 1.2 Mbps over my Airave! If I ever got Peak download speeds of "3.1 Mbps" I would fall off my chair or crash my car, lol!

I love how they say 4G LTE speeds are up to 10 times faster than 3G. That's like swapping out DSL for a high-speed cable modem. Or your Model T for a Maserati!

interesting tidbit

1Peak speeds may not apply to all markets. Actual speeds may vary.

So they may be deploying 3x3 in places?

No, 3 MHz x 3 MHz LTE does not make any rational sense in the PCS G block, as it is a consistent 10 MHz (5 MHz x 5 MHz) license.

The peak speeds caveat may be due to limitations on backhaul or differences in infrastructure vendor performance.

AJ

• Like 1

I love how they say 4G LTE speeds are up to 10 times faster than 3G. That's like swapping out DSL for a high-speed cable modem. Or your Model T for a Maserati!

Lol, I know as 10 times faster then 3G in my area would only be 2 Mbps for LTE avearage and 8 Mbps Peak! WTF?! I agree with WiWavelength as Sprint needs to get a new vendor for backhaul as they are slower than dirt for even WiMax in my area! Forget about 3G, I think they have 10 ATT U-VERSE DSL modems connected together, LMFAO! *Wink, wink* 4GHoward!

Glad to see that Sprint is ramping up its coverage maps on its website to account for LTE. Also Sprint was smart to isolate coverage maps between 4G LTE and 4G WiMax instead of bundling them together as 4G.

From the quick second of looking around I couldn't find the gradient maps anymore. Looks like Verizon maps now of basically coverage or no coverage. I see the still don't have the roaming coverage in Louisiana for Verizon fixed yet. Still white for no coverage yet Verizon has added coverage a while back in many areas due to the centennial acquisition.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

From the quick second of looking around I couldn't find the gradient maps anymore. Looks like Verizon maps now of basically coverage or no coverage. I see the still don't have the roaming coverage in Louisiana for Verizon fixed yet. Still white for no coverage yet Verizon has added coverage a while back in many areas due to the centennial acquisition.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

You have to zoom in further now to get detail.

From the quick second of looking around I couldn't find the gradient maps anymore.

The coverage gradients still exist. However, you now have to drill down to the 5.0 scale level. If I recall correctly, the gradients previously became visible at the 25 or 50 level.

VZW may routinely kick sand in Sprint's face and steal Sprint's lunch money, but Sprint has a much better coverage tool. The VZW coverage tool is a POS.

AJ

• Like 1

I have two complaints about Sprint's coverage maps. One...they load really slow. Two...they need to have a variable map size. The default is way too small.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

6-8 Mbps average download speed? Am I the only one who feels let down?

Andy

Yea... You may be the only one let down. Have you checked VZW's "advertised" speeds?? Besides.. why would you need more then 8Mbps on a phone? Two or 3 will usually suffice.

• Like 1

I have two complaints about Sprint's coverage maps. One...they load really slow. Two...they need to have a variable map size. The default is way too small.

Well, there always is this workaround.

WebImageStream10.gif

AJ

• Like 1