Report Your LTE Connection Here

Here is a speed test I thought everyone would like. This is inside my home, in Villa Park, I.L.

I would disregard that as the max throughput for a single tower is something like 37.5 mbps

I saw a dot pop up outside Navasota, TX a week or so ago and decided to go drive out and check it out. Mapped it using Sensorly, but had problems getting my GS3 to switch from 3G to 4G without restarting my phone. I've had this problem before when travelling where my phone has to be reset to pick up 4G service.

Can't wait until LTE hits Bryan/College Station.....it's just down the road

• Like 1

We only update once per week, but sites go live every day. Also, sites stay live while waiting for Sprint to come inspect. But my main point is that our maps are extremely accurate. Hell, they are beyond accurate. They come from Sprint!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I understand. I've been getting LTE here (it's my church) for 2 or 3 weeks now.

I would disregard that as the max throughput for a single tower is something like 37.5 mbps

I've seen 38/39mbps speeds before. It's entirely possible that he's getting these speeds. 3g speeds are typically supposed to max out at like 2.5mbps but I pull 2.7mbps.

• Like 1

I've seen 38/39mbps speeds before. It's entirely possible that he's getting these speeds. 3g speeds are typically supposed to max out at like 2.5mbps but I pull 2.7mbps.

I thought the theoretical max for EV-DO was 3.1Mbps.

I remember one of the initial Sprint LTE test videos showing 50Mbps with 10Mhz of bandwidth. I'm not sure what the limiting factor is now...

• Like 2

I got an LTE connection in multiple places in the SF Bay Area. First was at game 7 of the NLCS at AT&T park. Like posted above it might be from Alameda. The signal wasn't very strong but i did get throughput. The other spot was in Bay Point of all places. That was today.

I got an LTE connection in multiple places in the SF Bay Area. First was at game 7 of the NLCS at AT&T park. Like posted above it might be from Alameda. The signal wasn't very strong but i did get throughput. The other spot was in Bay Point of all places. That was today.

Did you map it on sensorly?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Took a driving trip all through Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, New York, Pennsylvania,

I also visited Toronto, Canada but didn't have a data plan there so could check that out.

I took along my new Sprint iPhone5 32 gig.

The LTE spots I saw were north of, through and to the south of Chicago, Illinois and it was a true joy to use.

I was a passenger in a car and routinely saw 30 megabit download speeds and upload speeds verging on 10 megabit.

Everywhere else it was either 3G or roaming or no data but 3G was pretty readily available along the highways during my travels.

Looking forward to LTE in my home area.

Today I was receiving continuous LTE from 35th street all the way up to Roosevelt on Halsted st in Chicago, and then again heading east on Roosevelt and at Roosevelt and Canal. Pretty much all over the south loop and south of downtown. Was right on the very southern edge of downtown but didn't go downtown so no reports on that. Saw speeds of 6 down 7 up with a good but not strong signal.

I'm able to sustain LTE signal from the south loop and all the way home on the Skyway/Indiana Toll Road with only a couple coverage gaps, which I expect to fill in within the next month.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2012-10-26-18-18-39.png

LTE in midtown Manhattan!

I left work yesterday and saw 4g signal north of radio city hall for a couple of seconds. I turned on my sensorly and started walking south. From w49 street and sixth Ave I had solid 4g signal. Looks like the active tower is somewhere by diamond district. I had to get in the subway so I stopped at 42nd street. I noticed on sensorly someone had already mapped the w46 St block. Let's hope they start moving north pretty soon.

Edited by digit
  • Like 1

Driving thru DC' date=' two miles north of RFK stadium.[/quote']

Did you see Sprint LTE in the status bar?

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Got my first taste of LTE yesterday near the Bowie, MD tower. I was standing in line to vote early for nearly 3 hours bouncing between 3G and the WiFi signal that was leaking out of the library building, all within 300 yards of the LTE active tower. I wasn't even thinking about LTE because I had never been able to connect when near the tower. I was on my phone in some capacity the whole time I was in line. I randomly grabbed my phone to do something and saw the LTE icon in the status bar. I got excited and grabbed a couple screenshots and did a speed test. Shortly after I lost the connection and I never got it back.

These shots were taken after about 90 minutes in the signal area. I guess that's the time needed for the phone to automatically connect to LTE. I sure hope HTC gets a fix for the Evo soon.

N5k6X.png?1Iwt5p.png?1

• Like 1