Report Your LTE Connection Here

I was at the Rolling Road and Rt 40 intersection yesterday (the tower there is atrocious by the way 0.01Mbps) and my iPhone got a bar of LTE for a split second, then it disappeared. The tower I was connected to was NOT being worked on. I was in line of sight to the tower & not sure of any other towers in a 1-2 mile radius with work being done. Was this a fluke? It was one bar...

EDIT- looks like someone else has experienced this too. Fluke it is. :(

LTE is coming alive in Santa Clara. Previously, I had it near Apple's campus, about a mile and a half from my house. I had received an LTE signal near Bowers and Central, it disappeared, and now it is back strong. It followed me all the way to work, down Great America and on Tasman in San Jose. I have a Tri-Fi, and their iPhone app was updated and now broken, so I can't report anything more useful than "bars."

I had received an LTE signal near Bowers and Central, it disappeared, and now it is back strong. It followed me all the way to work, down Great America and on Tasman in San Jose.

Thanks for the info; since you can't run Sensorly, at least you shared it.

So now, someone go plot it! :D

I'll get a chance in the next few days to do so.

DTLA is purple.

Finally! I ran a couple speedtests on Sensorly last night after picking up an LTE signal at my apartment for the first time. I'll see if I can map some more DTLA areas as I'm walking around this weekend. Sure beats the 0.3 d/l and u/l I get at work in Torrance.

4G LTE Novato' date=' CA

[/quote']

Excellent. When you get a chance, please run the Sensorly app. It will plot the coverage there in Upper Marin and allow us to track coverage and deployment on the Sensorly.com website. Thanks!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Hello,

I just signed up to let you guys know I seen 4G/LTE connection in the city of Rockford. The signal have been really bad here for the past 3 or so months I would say and I guess just now we are starting to see some good results because of that.

Its still not all over the place.. I seen it in very few areas so far.. the speed wasn't consistant but that is to be expected as they are working on it.

This is on my samsung GS3.. rooted stock.

Rockford, IL 61109

2012-10-10%2013.29.25.png

sprintgooglemap.jpg

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-10%2013.23.58.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-10%2013.27.53.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-10%2013.29.25.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-10%2013.30.33.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-12%2019.08.10.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/2012-10-12%2019.08.28.png

dl.dropbox.com/u/88275115/Sprint/sprintgooglemap.jpg

Hopefully they compelete it soon and turn LTE on for the whole city.

thanks.

Hello,

I just signed up to let you guys know I seen 4G/LTE connection in the city of Rockford. The signal have been really bad here for the past 3 or so months I would say and I guess just now we are starting to see some good results because of that.

Its still not all over the place.. I seen it in very few areas so far.. the speed wasn't consistant but that is to be expected as they are working on it.

This is on my samsung GS3.. rooted stock.

Rockford, IL 61109

Hopefully they compelete it soon and turn LTE on for the whole city.

thanks.

Looks like coverage is getting better and better all around Rockford: http://www.sensorly....ckford,illinois

Welcome to S4GRU. :welcome:

Robert

Excellent. When you get a chance' date=' please run the Sensorly app. It will plot the coverage there in Upper Marin and allow us to track coverage and deployment on the Sensorly.com website. Thanks!

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner[/quote']

I will do.

• Like 1

im in chicago il and im getting 40.93 mbs download and 12.94 upload in my house thats fater than my comcast internet im too excited ive been patiently waiting for a long time for this
The tower must be in your back yard! Sounds like your SNR is sky high.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

im in chicago il and im getting 40.93 mbs download and 12.94 upload in my house thats fater than my comcast internet im too excited ive been patiently waiting for a long time for this

i didn't think more than 37mbps down was possible in a 5Mhz channel

i didn't think more than 37mbps down was possible in a 5Mhz channel

It's not. However, I experienced this same anomaly in Waco testing. I had 2 or 3 speed tests that exceeded the maximum speed. Up to 40Mbps. However, when I would do speed tests immediately after the 40Mbps result, they would always drop back down to 37.0-37.5 Mbps speeds for the next 10-12 tests. I just chalked the results higher than 37.5Mbps as inaccurate anomalies.

Not that there is any noticeable difference between 37.5Mbps and 40Mbps.

• Like 1

It's not. However, I experienced this same anomaly in Waco testing. I had 2 or 3 speed tests that exceeded the maximum speed. Up to 40Mbps. However, when I would do speed tests immediately after the 40Mbps result, they would always drop back down to 37.0-37.5 Mbps speeds for the next 10-12 tests. I just chalked the results higher than 37.5Mbps as inaccurate anomalies.

Not that there is any noticeable difference between 37.5Mbps and 40Mbps.

Must be nice!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Saw LTE in a few places with my Galaxy Nexus:

D: 9.87 Mbps

U: 6.92 Mbps

Ping: 45 ms

Coords: 41.99528, -87.80543

This one was nearby Norwood Park Metra station (Chicago, IL, NW side)

D: 21.38 Mbps

U: 8.63 Mbps

Ping: 50 ms

Coords: 42.16354,-87.88149

Nearby Deerfield & Sanders Rds in Deerfield, IL, Lake County.

D: 3.14 Mbps

U: 1.79 Mbps

Ping: 53 ms

Coords: 42.04123, -87.88807

Metra Station in Des Plaines, IL, just outside the Sprint LTE coverage area

Saw an LTE 'blip' when riding the UPNW Metra train passing by Kedzie & Belmont when in Chicago. And some fringe coverage in the western part of Glenview, IL, very weak.

Chicago progress for Sprint appears to be good, except for my Airave drama, but that's another thread. <_<

Thats pretty dang fast! My buddy has a new ATT Iphone5 out in KC and he hit 50M down once. I thought ATT was going to have a huge edge with maximum download speed due to them having more bandwidth for LTE channels but this is pretty dang close. Didn't know the max was about 37M thought it was more like 20. For what I really do 3M would be enough. I just want to stream Youtube well and decent web page speeds. A ping <100ms sure would be nice too.

Edited by DaQue