Report Your LTE Connection Here

well my town only has one tower lit up right now, and we were just announced for the coming months a few weeks ago so hopefully everything will be lit up before the end of the year. Also hopefully sprint with update evo 4g lte with jelly bean 4.2 and tons of fixes...ha

how far south were you able to pick it up? long beach?

how far south have you found lte? im in long beach.

I've found it in Lakewood and Paramount. Check out the LA Metro Market posts in the Markets forum.

Wasn't able to get a screen shot but I picked a weak lte signal in ft Lauderdale Florida. I was high up on the oasis cruise ship and low speeds so it could have been a distant tower

There's LTE SW of the Airport in Hollywood, that's where you picked it up from. I pick it up too, on the top floor of the parking garage when I come in for work.

I think Sprint is testing a NV tower near my house in Overland Park (near 106th & Quivira behind the hospital). I have been getting LTE on my phone and each day it seems to be getting faster and more stable, although yesterday there was no signal. This moring my signal strength was also at its lowest dBM at -103 (the lower the number the better LTE signal) and per speedtest i received 5.60 Mbps download and 4.35 upload. I do have a question, can I capture a screenprint of my Speedtest results? Using the HC EVO LTE phone. Also, can I tell which specific tower I am getting the LTE signal? Thx

Depends on the phone etc. You can get

aScreenshot

from the play store. That's what I use on the EVO, on the Note 2 there is a built in snapshot in Jellybean used with a plam swipe.

I think Sprint is testing a NV tower near my house in Overland Park (near 106th & Quivira behind the hospital). I have been getting LTE on my phone and each day it seems to be getting faster and more stable, although yesterday there was no signal. This moring my signal strength was also at its lowest dBM at -103 (the lower the number the better LTE signal) and per speedtest i received 5.60 Mbps download and 4.35 upload. I do have a question, can I capture a screenprint of my Speedtest results? Using the HC EVO LTE phone. Also, can I tell which specific tower I am getting the LTE signal? Thx

Actually, a higher number means a better signal (-95 is higher than -103). To take a screenshot on the EVO, just push the power and volume-down buttons simultaneously for a couple of seconds. Not sure about telling which tower you're locked onto for LTE, sorry.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

aScreenshot

from the play store. That's what I use on the EVO, on the Note 2 there is a built in snapshot in Jellybean used with a plam swipe.

doesn't android since gingerbread do power+home of power+vol down do screenshot? Or ics for sure I kno that

~Viper4G 2.0.2 S-Off LTEvo; Finally got EvilZ working!

cpu0/1: 1.7ghz ¦ 192mhz ¦ sleep: 486mhz max

wheatly

deadline

mpdecision: off

I was visiting in Austin TX this past week and I can report 4G LTE coverage in the Tech Ridge/Harris Ridge area of the city (way north, east of I-35)

I ran 3 speed tests at different times while out there:

10/31 @ 9 PM = 2251 Down, 373 Up

11/1 @ 9 AM = 3591 Down, 1928 Up

11/1 @ 6 PM = 4953 Down, 1286 Up

Coverage was in and out, first time lasted just a few minutes after I discovered it. I had wi-fi indoors to internet cable so I ran the speed test and then connected back to wi-fi.

I also got 4g LTE at Bush Continental Airport

11/6 @ 8 AM = 3051/5105/2261 Down, 4172/4846/4174 Up (ran it 3 times within a 15 minute window)

Edited by islstl

I do have a question, can I capture a screenprint of my Speedtest results? Using the HC EVO LTE phone.

Yes, hold the power button and touch home, that will take a screen shot.

Also, can I tell which specific tower I am getting the LTE signal? Thx

Not really, any app that claims to locate your tower does not work properly in the Kansas City market. The towers broadcast locations that are not accurate most of the time. Your best bet is to become a sponsor which will give you access to the completed tower maps, and market tower locations. Using your signal strength and other properties you can make an educated guess at which tower you're connected to.

Jacksonville is listed as anticipated launch in November. Sadly I haven't even seen LTE once here yet. I don't think they are working on it yet :(.

Edited by Almeuit

Jacksonville is listed as anticipated launch in November. Sadly I haven't even seen LTE once here yet. I don't think they are working on it yet :(.

They are working on it. We should see the first Jacksonville site in this week's update. But the market will not launch this month. It is behind schedule.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I hope to see a Nola site soon but from the work I've seen it looks like it takes while to get everything and and running. Passed the tower yesterday on I10/510 and all the nv panels were up but there was still a guy up there doing work. Guess its a process.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

aScreenshot

Thanks, before the last update I could hit the power button and any menu key at the same time very lightly and if pressed just right it would take a print. I heard that worked for all android devices but that features stopped working. I will check the app store, thanks

Click on a Cascade ID for a coverage map of that site.

Update 6/15/2012, all maps have been updated to better reflect antenna configuration, this is still just an approximate guess as to coverage YMMV.

Interactive maps for sponsors can be found here

I will be maintaining coverage maps of LTE sites that people are able to or have been able to get a connection to. Please report in this thread if you are able to get an LTE connection along with the site location, Screenshots are helpful in verifying connection.

Even if you can no longer connect to the site please provide the information as the coverage maps will include those as well.

Hopefully this will allow for more efficient LTE site hunting.

Sites that I know of So far

I will get caught up on it this week.....

Atlanta

AT25XC056, Reported by danielholt, now blocked

AT25XC068, Reported by themuffinman, now blocked

AT03XC088, Reported by slackblade, allowing connections

Kansas City

KC03XC133, Reported by kckid, allowing connections

Houston

HO23XC275, Reported by techwrench, now blocked

HO33XC479, Reported by techwrench, now blocked

HO03XC425, Reported by techwrench, now blocked

HO03XC328, Reported by Latinoboi30, now blocked

Working on finding a way to display multiple .kmz files with image overlay on an online map. Any Ideas?

*DISCLAIMER, This is an approximation of coverage and no guarantee is provided that coverage will be there when you are so do not whine that its not correct, I only have tower height data for Atlanta at this point so all other towers will use an assumed height of 35 feet for urban sites. Antenna configuration including down tilt may have serious effects on actual coverage.

Working on finding a way to display multiple .kmz files with image overlay on an online map. Any Ideas?- This can be done in Pitney Bowes Mapinfo Software using layer control and then exported to kml. The different Layers can be created using either excel sheet of information and converting them to .TAB files further editing the image if necessary..Multiple kml files can be opened at a single time and can be saved to "My places" to control the different layers in Google Earth. If google earth Pro is present then the layers can directly be created in that software. Please let me know if that answers your question-thanks