Report Your LTE Connection Here

Yes i did. It had LTE with 2 bars. I will double check next saturday on my way baltimore.

I've gotten LTE in that area as well! But its always been just 1 bar, and it disconnects immediately.

3 bar LTE in Mill Valley, CA . . . 40 ms ping, 7.10 Mbps download, 6.64 Mbps upload. I was inside a restaurant, so perhaps the speed would have been better out on the street, or in another part of town. Looks like I need to add the screen shots to "My Media" before I can post here, so will be back.

• Like 2

3 bar LTE in Mill Valley' date=' CA . . . 40 ms ping, 7.10 Mbps download, 6.64 Mbps upload. I was inside a restaurant, so perhaps the speed would have been better out on the street, or in another part of town. Looks like I need to add the screen shots to "My Media" before I can post here, so will be back.[/quote']

Unless u have an iPhone,bars mean nothing. But awesome u got lte :-)

Sent from my SSGS3 using Forum Runner

What is the password to see the Sponsor Maps? Or is it blocked for everyone now?

There is no password, you need to be a donating sponsor to view that forum/those maps.

Got an LTE connection near Fairfield' date=' CA. Near highway 680 and 80[/quote']

Ahhh, yes. Cordelia Junction. Been there many times. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

HViMrj.png

Was going down thomas road, next to target and all of the suddon My 4G kicked on! :D

You could tell its in the middle of being tested. Couldn't really do anything on it or take a speed test.

46804, Fort wayne indiana :P

Edited by Rukin1

Ok, I cant seem to upload any pics from my phone to this site. I cant even find Flash in the market to download that. I'm on an Evo 4g LTE.

Anyway, I was just in Jack London Square here in Oakland, CA. I was at Broadway and 3rd. Street and I had LTE. 5565kbps up and 7560kbps down. Ping 65Ms.

I sure hope it's faster when it officially launches here. If it's not, that's disappointing on the download side.

Edited by simcha

Ok' date=' I cant seem to upload any pics from my phone to this site. I cant even find Flash in the market to download that. I'm on an Evo 4g LTE.

Anyway, I was just in Jack London Square here in Oakland, CA. I was at Broadway and 3rd. Street and I had LTE. 5565kbps up and 7560kbps down. Ping 65Ms.

I sure hope it's faster when it officially launches here. If it's not, that's disappointing on the download side.[/quote']

LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. With those speeds, you likely did not have a very strong signal.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Got 26.56Mbps Down/4.02Mbps Up, 29.20/4.15 (4-5 bars signal), East Palo Alto, CA in Ikea today. It was blazing fast.

:)

At 1-2 bars signal it dropped to 5-8Mbps/1Mbps

Edited by nebody00
  • Like 3

In Petaluma, Ca if I am close to the tower which is right by the highway I can get 31 down and 14 up. By my house maybe a mile or two down the road I get 3-4 down and 3 up. When I am closer to the tower my phone (EVO 4G LTE) it will auto connect. If I am at my house I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to connect and the second I turn my screen off it drops back to 3G. I hope sprint updates my phone and gives us the weaker 4G signal over the stronger 3G signal since my 3G speeds are terrible inside my home (about .3 mbps down)

In Petaluma, Ca if I am close to the tower which is right by the highway I can get 31 down and 14 up. By my house maybe a mile or two down the road I get 3-4 down and 3 up. When I am closer to the tower my phone (EVO 4G LTE) it will auto connect. If I am at my house I have to cycle airplane mode to get it to connect and the second I turn my screen off it drops back to 3G. I hope sprint updates my phone and gives us the weaker 4G signal over the stronger 3G signal since my 3G speeds are terrible inside my home (about .3 mbps down)

by the way when I get 30ish down the signal reads about -80 to -85 dbps? and at home it's more like -110 to -115

This sounds about right on to the performance I have experienced with LTE signals. Here is what I experienced for average download speeds in FIT testing:

• Better than -96dBm RSRP between 25-37Mbps
  • Between -97dBm and -107dBm RSRP between 10Mbps-25Mbps
  • Between -108dBm and -114dBm RSRP between 3Mbps-10Mbps
  • Worse than -115dBm RSRP under 3Mbps

• Like 1

even those worse case scenario speeds i'll take at my house since the 3G is so bad. But the radio never auto switches to 4G. I have to airplane mode cycle and even then it won't stay on for long. I hope an update from sprint can fix that.

even those worse case scenario speeds i'll take at my house since the 3G is so bad. But the radio never auto switches to 4G. I have to airplane mode cycle and even then it won't stay on for long. I hope an update from sprint can fix that.

It's a known bug for the HTC EVO LTE. However, it becomes more tolerable in denser deployed areas.

Robert