Report Your LTE Connection Here

I have a question...

I got a signal inside my house right now. (I'm still connected as well) So I left my phone in the same spot and decided to run some speed tests on my laptop that's tethered to my LTE connection. I'm in a south suburb of Chicago, when I see what server it's connecting to for the speed test it's in Kansas City. I got like 10mbps when I ran the tests, but the upload speed is slow. Any reason it's connecting to a tower so far away?

That's not the tower. That's the server the speed test thinks is the closest due to the ip address location. Pick the server you want.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

Sitting in South College Station, TX and they are playing with LTE on HO54XC799 because I normally get 121kbps to 712kbps download and 38kbps to 843kbps upload on speedtest. Twice today I have gotten 4G designaztion and 5193 & 6182kbps download and 4068 and 3980kbps upload. In between it drops to 3G and the same slow speed. At least it is coming to the hinterlands finially.

• Like 1

Sitting in South College Station, TX and they are playing with LTE on HO54XC799 because I normally get 121kbps to 712kbps download and 38kbps to 843kbps upload on speedtest. Twice today I have gotten 4G designaztion and 5193 & 6182kbps download and 4068 and 3980kbps upload. In between it drops to 3G and the same slow speed. At least it is coming to the hinterlands finially.

A new site is this weeks update in SE College Station. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I can confirm that they are working on a tower in south College Station behind Whataburger on Rock Prairie. I took a picture (will post later tonight after work). I've also been seeing some intermittent LTE in and around the B/CS area from College Main and S College all the way to past William D Fitch.

Doesn't Hurt to have that kind of Internet speed! I was up on Illinois Rd (sr14) coming into Fort Wayne and recieved probably the fasted speedtest I ever had...

Hope the picture comes out to be legible. The screen shot takes great pics but when I send them, they come out fuzzy.

33.74/DL & 12.78/UL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1353509142462.jpg

• Like 1

Doesn't Hurt to have that kind of Internet speed! I was up on Illinois Rd (sr14) coming into Fort Wayne and recieved probably the fasted speedtest I ever had...

Hope the picture comes out to be legible. The screen shot takes great pics but when I send them, they come out fuzzy.

33.74/DL & 12.78/UL.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Looks clear to me.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Sensorly is spot on, getting lte on i-81 all over west Virginia, Maryland, and parts of Virginia and Pennsylvania. The speeds are weird, I get 30 mbps down and then 3 mbps, I have pics if you guys want I'll upload when I get home.

• Like 1

I finally got a 4G connection around the U Street corridor in Washington DC today. I was driving through 13th and U (NW) and knew there was supposed to be an updated tower in the area, flipped my Evo LTE into and out of airplane mode and got the fabled 4G. I wish I lived closer to the area, but hopefully soon enough Sprint will light up some more towers. They're sending me an airave in the meantime which is great because my phone is essentially unusable in my neighborhood right now.

Briefly got 4G LTE in Bowie, MD while at breakfast. Speeds were 15-25 mbps. However I back down to 3G at my house. So does Western Anne Arundel County, MD fall under the DC or Rockville rollout?

Edited by gd224
  • Like 1

Here's some pics of them working on a tower off FM 2154 in College Station yesterday. I think the tower number is 7873. That's what Field Test was telling me. I also noticed I no longer have eHRPD now that they are working on it, I'm back to Evdo RevA.

Sorry for taking so long to get pics up. Had to find a way to shrink the file size to upload so sorry if they are small pics.

20121127_122304~1.jpg

20121127_134724~1.jpg

20121127_142348~1.jpg

Here's some pics of them working on a tower off FM 2154 in College Station yesterday. I think the tower number is 7873. That's what Field Test was telling me. I also noticed I no longer have eHRPD now that they are working on it, I'm back to Evdo RevA.

Sorry for taking so long to get pics up. Had to find a way to shrink the file size to upload so sorry if they are small pics.

There are no apps that accurately describe tower numbers or locations.

The best way to post pictures is to find an external host, such as flickr or photobucket and then link back here. I can't tell if that is even a Sprint tower from those images.

Im getting excited more 4G in Bryan, TX. 3 mi south of downtown Bryan and north to 1 mi north of Hwy 21 and east to FM 2223. In downtown I got 18mps. Time for Sprint to crank up the power I got a 4G connection until 100 ft from my house :(

• Like 1

Is working on Puerto Rico. I did a test and I can tell you that is working on the following areas:

CAGUAS, PR

BAYAMON, PR

COAMO, PR

PONCE, PR

PATILLAS, PR

YABUCOA, PR

GUAYAMA, PR

MAYAGUEZ, PR

ARECIBO, PR

HATILLO, PR

CAROLINA, PR

ISABELA, PR

Lte is not working in the whole city, just some part of the city because is still in construction.

the picture was on Coamo, PR

post-2712-0-92713100-1354386317_thumb.png

Ok.. I know. I am in Minnesota. I recently rooted my phone.. And for about half an hour.. I wish I knew what part of the root made the 4g work and what got pushed to the phone to stop it.

ROOT did not make 4G work and nothing got pushed to the phone to stop it. Probably just typical issues with the htc evo lte. Toggle airplane mode to get lte to work ;) (unless its already being blocked by sprint)