Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Went to pick mine up and stood around for an hour until they finally were able to get to me. The little girl was so confused then she ran into the SERO-P issue and I saw the look on her face of "I don't want to do this.". I told her to call it in and do it as it has been done before. She calls in talks to someone, probably called her best friend, then hangs up and says they can't do it.

No thanks...was burned by Best Buy in the past and I decided to give them another chance. Nope, negative, you won't find me spending another dollar in Best Buy. And to be honest they actually did me a favor and saved me some money by making my impulse wait until black friday for the better deal.

Went to pick mine up and stood around for an hour until they finally were able to get to me. The little girl was so confused then she ran into the SERO-P issue and I saw the look on her face of "I don't want to do this.". I told her to call it in and do it as it has been done before. She calls in talks to someone, probably called her best friend, then hangs up and says they can't do it.

No thanks...was burned by Best Buy in the past and I decided to give them another chance. Nope, negative, you won't find me spending another dollar in Best Buy. And to be honest they actually did me a favor and saved me some money by making my impulse wait until black friday for the better deal.

Wow, how sad it is that Best Buy employees are so extremely lazy. Sorry you got burned again.

wow. Best Buy has gone down hill from what it once was... :(

Should of brought the wife... Lol. It's quite funny to watch her fight a company in a manner where they are screwing you over. She would have walked out with the phone for free and had the manager valet her car personally.

Filed a complaint on their website to find it was only some stupid automated system. Will call the BBB and the AG's office tomorrow.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

really? Is that necessary? Just because you didn't educate yourself about where you can upgrade your device doesn't mean you should take it out on others.

http://delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/EPRP-modal.asp?vanity=false&popup=true

As a SERO/Everything Plus customer, are there restrictions on where I can upgrade my device?

Yes. You can upgrade through any of the following channels: any Sprint-owned Retail Store, Telesales (888-882-4030), orSprint.com. You will not, however, be able to upgrade your device through a 3rd party dealer or national retail partner and you will not be required to provide a referring employee's email address and CID in order to upgrade your device.

really? Is that necessary? Just because you didn't educate yourself about where you can upgrade your device doesn't mean you should take it out on others.

http://delivery.spri...alse&popup=true

As a SERO/Everything Plus customer, are there restrictions on where I can upgrade my device?

Yes. You can upgrade through any of the following channels: any Sprint-owned Retail Store, Telesales (888-882-4030), orSprint.com. You will not, however, be able to upgrade your device through a 3rd party dealer or national retail partner and you will not be required to provide a referring employee's email address and CID in order to upgrade your device.

Yep, very necessary as they've upgraded them before. They had to call them in, but it didn't take that long. Pure laziness....

Yep, very necessary as they've upgraded them before. They had to call them in, but it didn't take that long. Pure laziness....

As a former employee, I can confirm this. There is a reason they're in the situation they're in, and it didn't happen overnight.

Just noticed a week or so ago that apps like CDMA Field Test, Net Monitor, etc are no longer able to get cell tower info like BSID and location. CDMA Field Test just shows "-1" for all those values and of course, isn't able to display the tower on the map. Not sure if this started happening after updating to LI3 or if it's related to the upgrades they're doing to the towers here. Anyone else experience this? I can still get the info in the ##Debug# menus.

Leaked LIH build of JB with LIH modem has a very hard time of going between 3G -> 4G. Doesnt like to connect initially when 4G is available....and when I go between towers....it loses 4G but then after driving into another area with 4G, it wont reconnect. Super frustrating. I know its a leaked build....but I would expect improvements from LI3....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using JB 4.1.1

Just noticed a week or so ago that apps like CDMA Field Test, Net Monitor, etc are no longer able to get cell tower info like BSID and location. CDMA Field Test just shows "-1" for all those values and of course, isn't able to display the tower on the map. Not sure if this started happening after updating to LI3 or if it's related to the upgrades they're doing to the towers here. Anyone else experience this? I can still get the info in the ##Debug# menus.

I use a stock GS3 running LI3, and CDMA Field Test works normally for me.

It appears that Youtube no longer auto-rotates anymore. My assumption is that it has to do with rooting your device (I rooted to install the Gmail 4.2 leak) since this is the only major change I have intentionally made to the device.

Although even prior to the latest firmware updates, auto-rotation has always been hit or miss depending on the app, the alignment of the stars or God knows what else. It is a known bug that ICS has baseline issues with auto-rotation, which sucks if it is mounted in the car and a phone call comes in or you happen to try to pull up a notification at a traffic light. There are sensors in the device that seem to work 50% of the time when it comes to apps, but at its baseline level the OS shouldn't suffer these problems.

Has anyone else started to have rotation issues on YouTube??

Leaked LIH build of JB with LIH modem has a very hard time of going between 3G -> 4G. Doesnt like to connect initially when 4G is available....and when I go between towers....it loses 4G but then after driving into another area with 4G, it wont reconnect. Super frustrating. I know its a leaked build....but I would expect improvements from LI3....

Use LIH build with LIG modem and you will get better results, and if you don't then keep flashing modems on that build to till you find one you like.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

+1

This pairing has worked well for me.

Use LIH build with LIG modem and you will get better results, and if you don't then keep flashing modems on that build to till you find one you like.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys my GS3 only gets about 8 hours until I have to plug it in again. The other day I charged it all the way up, shut it off and unplugged it for the night, about 6 hours, when I started it up the next morning it only had 40% left on it after it had been off all night. I have only had the phone for about 3 weeks, what is wrong with it?

You might have a rogue app constantly using data or something like that. How often do you use the phone?

Not very much and even if I go into the application manager and turn off everything I feel like I dare it doesn't seem to make a difference.

maybe you are syncing in the background? such as facebook, email, other apps?

I am, but it shouldn't make that big of a difference should it? Also what about losing 60% of my battery in 6 hours with the phone shut off?

You have a wake lock issue. Xda developers has the author of better battery stats over there for free. Or you can go to the market and get it.

Run it and look at the various stats and it will show you what is keeping the phone awake.

Or you can always factory reset and install your apps one by one.

I've noticed that Samsung Push Service seems to be wake-locking like a boss and telling me in no uncertain terms that all my milli-amp-hours are belong to it.

Solution: force stop the service...and, like magic, my battery doesn't die quickly anymore.

Hopefully Samsung will fix this issue before their full-scale JB release.

I am, but it shouldn't make that big of a difference should it? Also what about losing 60% of my battery in 6 hours with the phone shut off?

You have a wake lock issue. Xda developers has the author of better battery stats over there for free. Or you can go to the market and get it.

Run it and look at the various stats and it will show you what is keeping the phone awake.

Or you can always factory reset and install your apps one by one.

Sounds to me like he is having battery issues even when the phone is powered off, if that's the case then he may have a bad battery. Go to a sprint store and have them test your battery.

Are you a google+ user? Do you have instant upload on? If so is it set to run all the time instead of JUST on wifi...? This would drain your battery very quickly.

• Like 1

Sounds to me like he is having battery issues even when the phone is powered off, if that's the case then he may have a bad battery. Go to a sprint store and have them test your battery.

I assumed he meant powered off as in screen isn't on and phone is sleeping. I don't know many people who actually power off the phone to zero.