Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

As long as you have one of the LTE enabled prls then you are good to go for LTE. Which prl do you have?

I have a little more time since work has kinda settled down a bit. I need to write up an little piece or faq on how prls work.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I'm on 25006

stock unrooted gs3

• Like 1

Same here. Are there multiple LTE PRL's floating around??

My GS3 is on 25006

It also appears that the MoPhoQ is running on 55006

I am of course taking a leap of faith by assuming that the trailing ###06 would indicate LTE in the PRL and the first three would most likely indicate radios used and available in that PRL? Surely there is a method to the madness or some sort of numbering convention.

No. The first two numbers are the designation. Last three are the revision.

And yes there is a method to the madness, different devices and accounts get the various versions.

• Like 1

Prl changes will only help with roaming. Hence the name.

Cycling PRL has helped me with 3G/4G connection issues numerous times....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Cycling PRL has helped me with 3G/4G connection issues numerous times....

That's because it is cycling the radio during the update.

No. The first two numbers are the designation. Last three are the revision.

And yes there is a method to the madness, different devices and accounts get the various versions.

Thanks for the clarification. I understand that a lot of PRL's are device specific since each has different frequency capabilities

Sweet I just received my phone today and activation will be implemented and complete tomorrow. My phone says updated on the box so I would imagine it is fully up to date is there something I should look for to know for sure that it is? Thanks!

I'm look forward to getting this up and running and all settled in tomorrow. Anything like tips or tricks I need to know please let me know. THIS IS MY 1ST SMARTPHONE!

Thanks again.

Take your time and get to know it. I read a lot before doing any customizing on my original Galaxy S and have never had any issues because of it. No need to make a paperweight of your first device when it's this amazing.

Take your time and get to know it. I read a lot before doing any customizing on my original Galaxy S and have never had any issues because of it. No need to make a paperweight of your first device when it's this amazing.

LOL...Yea I read about all these things like rooting your phone. I think I am completely happy with it the way it is. If I don't know what I would be missing how can I miss it. Plus I try not messing around with things like that until I have nothing to lose. That'll be 18-22 months from now. I just added a few apps and wallpaper. I only use it for basic things so I don't think I even need to consider rooting it.

Thank You I appreciate the advice.

Are you rooted?

Sent from Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean

I am not. There are so many different ROMs out there....Im hesitant to try one just yet....

• Like 1

I was asking because there's a jelly bean leak.

Ive been looking for it.....but I dont know what the build number is. I dont want to download a bad ROM.

Are you looking at the modem? Full LIH is over 700. There is also a modem file for each.

Probably where I was getting confused. Thanks.

I'm running LIH. Odin'd ClockworkMod Recovery and then installed the update.zip. Did not have to root' date=' per se.[/quote']

Where can I find the update zip? I have only been able to find the LIH full.

but, does flashing JB from recovery require a wipe? I'm not rooted, so I don't have the TB option.

If I can just hold on for a few more weeks, I feel the JB RUU will be released and it won't require a full wipe.

(but I could be wrong)

I will most likely root after JB for the wifi tether alone for my HP touchpad tablet on future camping trips.

but' date=' does flashing JB from recovery require a wipe? I'm not rooted, so I don't have the TB option.

If I can just hold on for a few more weeks, I feel the JB RUU will be released and it won't require a full wipe.

(but I could be wrong)

I will most likely root after JB for the wifi tether alone for my HP touchpad tablet on future camping trips.[/quote']

Does require a full wipe.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using JB 4.1.1